ADVERTISEMENT

Is South Carolina

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
worth leaving WVU for? I mean is it really an upgrade? Sure it's in the SEC and winning six games a year makes you a miracle worker, but...really...South Carolina??? That's kind of insulting.

Depends on how much they’re paying for a HC. Houston paid $4 million to steal our former HBC. He paid WVU a buyout to leave too.

And if you’re suggesting Carolina taking Neil Brown, whatever happens happens. I never sweat this stuff. I will say he like his predecessor will lose a lot on the resale of his cheat lake house.

Depends on how much they’re paying for a HC. Houston paid $4 million to steal our former HBC. He paid WVU a buyout to leave too.

And if you’re suggesting Carolina taking Neil Brown, whatever happens happens. I never sweat this stuff. I will say he like his predecessor will lose a lot on the resale of his cheat lake house.

They can have Neil.
But Neal. I think WVU will open up their wallets for

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Yes.
Better resources. Better facilities. Better money. Better support. Better recruiting. Better TV. Better exposure. Better conference.

Program wise right now it's a lateral move but you have to look at potential for a coach going there and it's a step up in that regard across the board.

Yes.
Better resources. Better facilities. Better money. Better support. Better recruiting. Better TV. Better exposure. Better conference.

Program wise right now it's a lateral move but you have to look at potential for a coach going there and it's a step up in that regard across the board.
You forgot better weather.

Yes.

It's a trap job.....even Darth Visor couldn't win there.

But I will say this, Neal I kind of hope WVU doesn't open up their wallets to keep him.

If WVU was in the SEC it's probably not something he would consider but our geography puts us at a disadvantage in the Big12 and this will always be a problem. There you can build a SEC Championship caliber team damn near without leaving the State.

This is just the beginning. Only way we keep "up and coming" coaches in the future is outbid those types of programs. To that I say good luck.

If this happens we need an older guy who's been around and comfortable like a Mack Brown. Someone who is not keeping one eye on the door.

But I will say this, Neal I kind of hope WVU doesn't open up their wallets to keep him.
He went 86-49 and had three 11 win seasons plus a 9 win season. Considering where they were before he took over in my opinion he did pretty well.

If SC want him, they’re really setting bar high on a proven P5 HBC (sarcasm). After all he is 10-10 overall (with that 0.500 record ) & that’s no showing off and not getting embarrassed. Then with a Big XII conference record under 0.500 he’s going all in on “..... the climb” except SC is really a flat state.

Darth Visor has 3-11 win seasons and won the SEC East (lost to future Heisman winner Cam Newton and NC Auburn). He fell off at the end but the original Head Ball Coach did well.

Darth Visor has 3-11 win seasons and won the SEC East (lost to future Heisman winner Cam Newton and NC Auburn). He fell off at the end but the original Head Ball Coach did well.

And in 113 years of Gamecock football, Spurrier's tenure was tops. 3 Outback Bowl wins, one division champion, and 3 of the 10 TOTAL times USCe has appeared in an AP poll at the end of a season. Lou Holts had a mediocre record there. It is a very hard job. Comparing the success of WVU and USCe over the years is no contest. WVU is a superior program.

This covers the whole situation pretty accurately LINK But the short answer is no.

oh I read the link so it’s not totally hypocritical. In other words it’s likely Browns agent is trying to plant a story to get more $$$$$$ and years from WVU——not in 2020. Also given how stupid SC AD is with contracts and extensions (see Muschamp getting $15 million to go away as proof), Neil May take it seriously.

My main fear is if “Mr 0.500” does leave for ???? Or for any reason this year or next say 2, then that Dick will find a way to get back here and at that point I’d quit following WVU football and quit donating to the WVU COE or CEMR as it’s known now.

oh I read the link so it’s not totally hypocritical. In other words it’s likely Browns agent is trying to plant a story to get more $$$$$$ and years from WVU——not in 2020. Also given how stupid SC AD is with contracts and extensions (see Muschamp getting $15 million to go away as proof), Neil May take it seriously.

My main fear is if “Mr 0.500” does leave for ???? Or for any reason this year or next say 2, then that Dick will find a way to get back here and at that point I’d quit following WVU football and quit donating to the WVU COE or CEMR as it’s known now.

You noticed USCe has finished a season in the AP polls 10 times in their history. WVU has 20 times. The USCe AD Tanner is totally lost in running the Football program. He is having trouble getting Head Coaches to even interview for the job and he's doing it all very publicly. He did serious damage to the Gamecock program by firing Muschamp during the season. Recruiting commits are dropping like flies.

He causes Coach Brown problems by announcing he would LIKE to interview Brown for the job. Browns agent had nothing to do with it, it hurts recruiting. You see the problems that has created. You think Brown is going to accept an interview after that? If he does, he is nowhere near as smart as I think he is. Shane Beamer is the very likely hire.

Yes.

South Carolina is Mr. Irrelevant in the SEC, even when Holtz and Spurrier were there. They are a click above Vanderbilt.

That's not proof of what I'm suggesting. Those are statistics. I am talking about real world perception and feelings of people who follow college football. That is all that matters in today's day and age, not facts.

S Carolina is a doormat program
All they did was motivate Clemson to really invest in their football program.

If they expect Neal Brown to be that guy to lead them last Clemson...
That is on them.

No one wants that S Carolina job. You are asking to be fired.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
That's not proof of what I'm suggesting. Those are statistics. I am talking about real world perception and feelings of people who follow college football. That is all that matters in today's day and age, not facts.

So your perception is that of the real world? Carolina is my 2nd favorite team and I've lived within an hour of their stadium for over 15 years. Sorry for confusing the truth with facts. Still, nice to meet another Gamecock fan!

You noticed USCe has finished a season in the AP polls 10 times in their history. WVU has 20 times. The USCe AD Tanner is totally lost in running the Football program. He is having trouble getting Head Coaches to even interview for the job and he's doing it all very publicly. He did serious damage to the Gamecock program by firing Muschamp during the season. Recruiting commits are dropping like flies.

He causes Coach Brown problems by announcing he would LIKE to interview Brown for the job. Browns agent had nothing to do with it, it hurts recruiting. You see the problems that has created. You think Brown is going to accept an interview after that? If he does, he is nowhere near as smart as I think he is. Shane Beamer is the very likely hire.
I don’t have a dog in the fight. Tanner is a former baseball coach I think. The Musschamp hire was really odd cause he was fired at Florida and really wasn’t good. The worst mistake (thank you Jimmy Sexton for being the best agent in the sport) was the INSANE contract extension given to Musschamp.

Signing Day is December 16 and that’s why Musschamp was fired. As for Brown I don’t know, don’t care much, and most important I’ve learned NEVER think you know what’s going to happen when millions of Dollar$ are involved.

You do know High Freeze told them thanks but no thanks to stay at Liberty

Wasn't just because it was the S Carolina job...
It is because the Tennessee job could be available soon. Is a much better job
So if Neal Brown wants to coach in the SEC he would move in on the Tennessee job as well.

Tennessee has what S Carolina has times 10.

I don’t have a dog in the fight. Tanner is a former baseball coach I think. The Musschamp hire was really odd cause he was fired at Florida and really wasn’t good. The worst mistake (thank you Jimmy Sexton for being the best agent in the sport) was the INSANE contract extension given to Musschamp.

Signing Day is December 16 and that’s why Musschamp was fired. As for Brown I don’t know, don’t care much, and most important I’ve learned NEVER think you know what’s going to happen when millions of Dollar$ are involved.
Thanks to Tanner, S Carolina has lost six 2021 recruits so far including the top four. He should have waited until Muschap's recruits signed to fire him. Their highest ranked recruit from the state of SC was #14. Clemson, Alabama, Georgia and even FSU get the cream of the crop.

So if Neal Brown wants to coach in the SEC he would move in on the Tennessee job as well.

Coach Brown is likely to stay awhile at WVU. WV and KY are very similar culture wise and it's not that far from home. As a millionaire it's not like he has to drive it! He believes he can return WVU to being a top 10 team, he's not bashful about it. His retirement job when his resume' is ready has to be Kentucky. He was raised in Danville, played and coached at UK. The goals just change to making UK the best it can be in the SEC even if it's middle of the pack. Success is relative.

I don't believe SC has any interest in Brown. This is probably Browns agent just doing his job, and knowing that he gets to put the screws to one of the worst negotiators in college athletics - Shane Lyons.

Freeze's name has also been linked to the Auburn job...if it were to come open.

I don't believe SC has any interest in Brown. This is probably Browns agent just doing his job, and knowing that he gets to put the screws to one of the worst negotiators in college athletics - Shane Lyons.

Tanner at USC scoffs at the idea Lyons is the worst negotiator. There’s a decent list of worse than Lyons—-not that he’s good at it.

Neal Brown barely gets mentioned in reports of possible South Carolina replacements. And didn't get an interview. And maybe didn't even want one. Not to worry in this case. Plenty of choices ahead of Neal Brown in South Carolina's radar.

Yes.

Bigger losses.

Neal Brown barely gets mentioned in reports of possible South Carolina replacements. And didn't get an interview. And maybe didn't even want one. Not to worry in this case. Plenty of choices ahead of Neal Brown in South Carolina's radar.

Shane Beamer is the front runner and will be named HC at OU final game if not before then. SC wants a new coach ready before early signing period starts.

It is a retirement job....

They have had three NC coaches that I can name but all three came from elsewhere and won their NC elsewhere

But S Carolina didn't steal them from anyone...

He was never offered, interviewed or sought the job. Deal with it .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT