ADVERTISEMENT

Is Geno's Second Chance Over ?

Orlaco

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
Fitzpatrick signed.

One year deal for 12 million...so not exactly a long term endorsement..

If Geno doesn't win the starting job this Fall, then yes....in NY. If Tyrod Taylor has a bad season for the Bills, I bet their coach would love to roll out Geno as his starter against the Jets in 2017.

The selfish part of me would love for him to be a Steeler...but he deserves a real chance to be an NFL starter...which he wasn't given in NY.

I will say this, which people forget, Geno and Fitz had an open competition last year. Geno won that competition.

Geno will not win the starting job. He might finish the season as starter. But Jets will go with their team record setting QB 31 TD passes. But he also threw 3 INT's against Bills that cost the Jets a playoff spot.

Fitzy is entering camp after sitting on the couch all spring apparently...... 20+ pounds overweight......

Not saying that Geno will beat him out, but athletes who don't constantly work to stay in shape get hurt a lot easier and faster than the ones who do........ I say he goes down by week 4.

Possibly sooner.... ...if he owes a teammate $500 or so dollars.
Hey.................come on now...............I was just informed that we don't settle disputes that way. Not in America! ChyugaEERS educated me up on this subject.

Fitzpatrick signed.

One year deal for 12 million...so not exactly a long term endorsement..

During Geno's first season, he was unexpectedly pressed into action when Sanchez was injured during a preseason game. Last year, we all know about the jaw incident. Geno is talented enough to get a starting shot, but don't think it will be in Gotham.

If he gets cut, he will get another shot somewhere which will be his last shot. If he sticks on the roster it says a lot, because the current Jets HC and FO did not draft him, they owe him nothing, and if they feel he is roster worthy they must think they have something. IMO this training camp is the tell all over whether or not Geno is in the unemployment line next year or if he has the chance to stick in the league for another 4+ years.

Geno will take the money $12M and run. Not down the field................but to da bank!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT