ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State's defense continues to be awesome

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Cyclone defense overwhelmed WVU's high-powered offense.
Today, even though Texas Tech leads, 17-14, at halftime, the defense held the Red Raiders to NO touchdowns till 10 seconds were left in the half.

Montgomery and Purdy are showing signs of breaking out in the 2nd half, I think.

Meanwhile, we'll have to wait for Texas-Oklahoma State outcome before we find out what time WVU will kickoff IN Texas and what time my 86th birthday party will be held at my daughter's house in Ohio since I won't leave my home when WVU is playing.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34

A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22

I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E rectile dysfunction Texas

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

4899317.PNG

Reactions: WVUALLEN
You should give Tech some props for their defense.

ISU has the best run defense in the Big 12.

Penalties have aided in ISU 2 TD's Tech is not a discipline team.

Bowman is out playing Purdy so far.

ISU will contend for Big 12 title next year.

Texas Tech will be top 4 at least.

That awesome D you're talking about has given up 24 points. This is a heck of a game though.

THREE touchdowns were NOT scored by either offense in this game. And Iowa State causing the safety broke the tie, gave Iowa State the ball again for the TD that sealed the victory.

And Purdy and Montgomery, who did so well against WVU that unwarranted unkind words were posted about WVU's defense, combined for almost 600 yards against Texas Tech!

Awesome game. Smashmouth football at its finest.

Good way to enjoy a Big 12 game without worrying about WVU losing.

Texas might be in for a surprise.

I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E rectile dysfunction Texas

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Good grief...CFE do you have a life? How many threads can you start on this forum and the other one as Talmadgeer at the same time. Read a book sometimes lol.

Rootmaster...if CFE wants to spend his whole day posting, what is it to you? If you don't care for his posts, don't open them...problem solved...see...that was easy...

Rootmaster...if CFE wants to spend his whole day posting, what is it to you? If you don't care for his posts, don't open them...problem solved...see...that was easy...
Well, to be fair, it does take time away from beating the dog and yelling at children on his lawn. But, thanks.

Actually, I've been posting more lately because my alma mater, West Virginia, played on Thursday when I was in Mountaineer Field. But I just give my expertise from 15 years of sportswriting in my 43-year newspaper career.

And, yeah, it's fine with me if Rootmaster puts me on Ignore. We're not on this board to have pissing matches with each other but to get information about our beloved Mountaineers.

And I do have expertise that some don't. I watch games more as an analylist. Watching the guy with the football isn't really seeing the total picture.

Now that we were successful Bears-hunting, let's lasso some Longhorns!

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E liminate Texas from first place in Big 12

E rectile dysfunction TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT