ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Interesting possible CB prospect

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Spoke with Coffeyville C.C. (Kan.) cornerback Steven Montac and he is an interesting prospect for several reasons. First of all he is cousins with West Virginia 2016 signee Toyous Avery and told me that his relative has been recruiting him very hard and giving him a lot of insight into the Mountaineers football program. Secondly, he tells me that while he could wait to come out in December of 2017 he is considering the possibility of enrolling at a college program this summer. Right now he only has two offers from Troy and Fresno State but he is hearing a lot from major program including West Virginia. Cornerbacks coach Blue Adams is the lead recruiter here and he told me that he has really liked what he has heard from the assistant so far about the program. The Mountaineers have yet to offer a scholarship but he is hoping to visit sometime in the coming weeks. He told me that if he does make a decision to enroll in the 2016 class he would have four years to play three. I'll continue to update this and have a story soon but an interesting situation here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News