ADVERTISEMENT

Impressions of Trae Young

West Virgina won a tough game at home but there is no elite team in the Big XII.
Didn't OU lose to the Piggies in Portland.
The Piggies are good but not great

Winning at K State and Stillwater doesn't prove anything yet.

Still think West Virginia will lose a few games in the next 3 weeks.
If WVU can win in Lubbock than I will be impressed.
Bill Self is still light years above Bob Huggins in coaching IMO.
No coach in the country gets more from their talent than Bob Huggins. I cannot begin to imagine what Huggins could do with the talent Self gets at Kansas. They would certainly be better than they are this year.

Absolutely NOT true. Jevon Carter swipes down all the time and the majority of the time gets the ball clean but he commits a number of fouls and he fortunately gets the benefit of the doubt. A lot of referees make that call and the majority of the time no foul is committed as the official seems to always be trailing and does not have a clear look at the play. Drives me crazy but saying swiping up or down gets you a pass is simply not true.

Swiping up gets you a pass

I don't think Young is over-rated at all....inexperienced, yes....but overrated, no. Regardless of whether his shot is pretty or not, the object is to get it through the hoop and he's managed to do that at a pretty high clip. For a freshman, he does make some good passes.....and due to inexperience, he also makes a few bad ones. I'm glad we didn't try to concentrate solely on limiting his scoring. It was smart business to limit his other attributes and take the other 4 on the floor out of the contributing column.
I'd say WVU will see a different Trae Young when we have to travel to Norman......but the Sooners will see a different Mountaineer team too with the addition of Esa Ahmad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT