Important that WVU, Texas and Texas Tech win Saturday

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
3 openers the Big 12 MUST win:

West Virginia vs. Tennessee, 3:30 p.m. Saturday, CBS
Texas Tech vs. Mississippi, noon Saturday, ESPN
Texas vs. Maryland, noon Saturday, Fox Sports 1

Lose any of them and the Big 12 bashing will reach a crescendo in the first week.

Win big and it’ll be even better for the Big 12 (which, don’t tell anyone, is really the Big 10).

Only weak teams care about conference warfare.
If you win your games who cares what someone else does.

Truthfully the only thing the Big XII needs to change about the narrative is that the conference is soft.

WVU mainly has the chance to change this.
They need to punch Tennessee in the mouth and stomp a mudhole in their chest.

I doubt DH will do this. He is too preoccupied on how to trick people and use speed in space.

You never go for anything from Texas.

That is where Hell is located
250px-Hells_Half_Acre%2C_Fort_Worth%2C_Texas_Historical_Marker_%287006958981%29.jpg

Last edited:

Lose any of them and the Big 12 bashing will reach a crescendo in the first week.

Win big and it’ll be even better for the Big 12 (which, don’t tell anyone, is really the Big 10).
Would be fantastic if we win all those games. I’m really excited for this weekend

Truthfully the only thing the Big XII needs to change about the narrative is that the conference is soft.

I doubt DH will do this. He is too preoccupied on how to trick people and use speed in space.
We (WVU) are not a blue blood in the eyes of the sports writers. Texas and OU only need to win the conference for a playoff. WVU and others need the rest of the conference to be strong OR go undefeated with a decent conference showing. See TCU as an example during the first playoff scenario. They were hosed.

We (WVU) are not a blue blood in the eyes of the sports writers. Texas and OU only need to win the conference for a playoff. WVU and others need the rest of the conference to be strong OR go undefeated with a decent conference showing. See TCU as an example during the first playoff scenario. They were hosed.

Baylor was hosed worse than TCU. Considering they beat TCU.

Reactions: Brookecountyeer

I agree partially.
Any school at any time can change their appearance.
West Virginia understands this. I think this is why they are playing Tennessee.

A win over an average Tennessee will hold more weight than if WVU would beat a 11-1 Marshall team.

Reactions: Brookecountyeer
I agree partially.
Any school at any time can change their appearance.
West Virginia understands this. I think this is why they are playing Tennessee.

A win over an average Tennessee will hold more weight than if WVU would beat a 11-1 Marshall team.
I agree partially, but Texas and Oklahoma can play three directional state's and win the conference and get in the playoffs. The rest of the Big12 cannot. If you're being honest with yourself, there is no argument against my reasoning.

Oklahoma State got the Big 12 (10, really) off to a good start.
It was only Missouri State but the Cowboys were up 24-0 when they threw into an interception in the end zone. Pretty much a payday game for Missouri State.

Now if West Virginia, Texas Tech and Texas can win convincingly it will be a good start.

I realize that outcomes in September often are viewed differently by November for all teams and conferences. But some serious blowouts would be a good way for the Big 12 (10) to get through the opening week.

I agree partially, but Texas and Oklahoma can play three directional state's and win the conference and get in the playoffs. The rest of the Big12 cannot. If you're being honest with yourself, there is no argument against my reasoning.

They still need to win out like WV.
It ultimately falls to WV winning all their games.

You are correct that certain schools have a better chance because of the audience they bring.
OU because of their history has a better chance than WV but Oklahoma is a small state as well and OU games traditionally have not had high ratings in championship games.

The 4 teams that have are Ohio St, Alabama, Texas and USC.
As you saw with Alabama over Ohio St even those schools have a pecking order.
1) Texas
2) Alabama
3) USC
4) Ohio State

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
Oklahoma has a decent diaspora around the United States but unlike Bama they do not have a strong anti Oklahoma fanbase.

UT fans don't watch OU games to see if they lose because truthfully we don't care.
Bama like Texas has as many haters as they do fans.

If you add the States of The South together it is much larger than Ohio and Oklahoma.

Baylor and TCU screwed themselves by not playing good OOC opponents in 2015.

Baylor schedule has always sucked.

It was 2014 season not 2015. As you can see the playoff teams OOC sucked as well.

Ohio State - Navy 7-5, lost to 6-6 Va.Tech team at home, Kent State 2-9 and Cincinnati 9-3

Alabama - WVU 7-5 their toughest game, FAU and Southern Miss.

Oregon - South Dakota 2-10 , Michigan State 10-2, Eastern Michigan 2-10

FSU - Oklahoma State 6-6, Citadel 5-7, Notre Dame 7-5

TCU - Samford 7-4, Minnesota 8-4, SMU 1-11
Baylor - SMU 1-11, NW St. 6-6, Buffalo 5-6

The way the rest of the playoff teams schedule looked TCU should have made it in. Their loss to Baylor got them booted. But to say their OOC was weak is false.

Damn, Texas looks terrible. Uninspired,thug late hits on the QB, 10 yard punt, another TD for Maryland.

It's all over. Wrap up the books and go home. OU is winning the conference anyway.

Happy WVU won. Not crying for TT or UT. That's their problem.

Reactions: Rootmaster
PAC12 is the conference that will get the ridicule. Washington was there bell cow and they lost yesterday

I could care less what the other teams in the conference do as long as we beat them when the the time comes. 40-14 against an SEC team is a stomping in my book.

The in your face tackle for loss from our NT on UT's first possession set the tone.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I could care less what the other teams in the conference do as long as we beat them when the the time comes. 40-14 against an SEC team is a stomping in my book.

The in your face tackle for loss from our NT on UT's first possession set the tone.
If the conference record against other conferences keeps conference winner WVU out of the 4 team CFP we will all care

If the conference record against other conferences keeps conference winner WVU out of the 4 team CFP we will all care

I cared in 2014 when TCU won its last P5 game by 50+ but dropped from #3 to #6 (!) despite having lost ONLY to a top 5, 1-loss Baylor team it had led by 21 points in the 4th Q.

Meanwhile, ESPN shill Herbie's Buckeyes get the bid despite a shameful loss to a horrid VT 'team'...(aka B1G mulligan). But....

"OH. OSU won it ALL and VALIDATED the UNCANNY pre$ience oF the pageant judges! Cinderella Story! Remember that always when Ohio State is next on the CFP fence!!!

FF

...we might have chosen WVU in 2018 had Texas beaten Maryland! That was a crucial DATA POINT! [nod to Buck!]

Ha ha. Dream on.

TCU might have gotten in if they had not lost to Baylor giving up 3 TD's in the final 4 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT