I'm feeling a little nostalgic... I remember when we played in the

Discussion in 'Mountaineer Message Board' started by dogeered_again, Jan 2, 2018.

1. dogeered_again

dogeered_again All-Conference
    Expand Collapse

old field house while the Coliseum was under construction. It was a rising and imposing edifice to college basketball. I watched the huge roof-top structures being placed and the rest surrounding it. Me... and two friends, snuck in there one day and climbed to the very, very top of the structure. Stood on the roof of this amazing structure and planted a WV flag there. It was glorious!!

I'm not a friend of heights but I overcame that to do this. I'm surprised I wasn't arrested. Just, seemingly, had to be done. Bet no one else has ever done this. Just say'n.

I still think the Coliseum is one of the more imposing and impressive venues in college basketball. Nearly 50 years old!! It still looks great!!

bfeld35, Phil, TejasFan and 1 other person like this.
  2. ChattanoogaEER

ChattanoogaEER Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Good story. I remember my first visit in 1978. Most imposing building I had ever seen. Still is today.

3. dogeered_again

dogeered_again All-Conference
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the "like". I see our campus in two ways... the downtown one that is more historic... and the other one of which the Coliseum is a part of. I like to think of it as the "anchor" for Evansdale. It has withstood lots of architectual issues and engineering design issues. I think it's amazing.

4. Rootmaster

Rootmaster All-Conference
    Expand Collapse

Good Lord this thread is a bummer...I started going to Mountaineer games before the Coliseum was even discussed...at the old Fieldhouse.

SKYHAWKBALL likes this.