ADVERTISEMENT

I'll say it again, if Dana couldn't lead us to a top 3 finish in Big 12 down year...

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
....with 16 returning starters, a Parade All-American at QB, an All-American WR, Gary Jennings 5th in country in TDs, senior laden team ....

seriously, many on this board keep making excuses

he's got his own recruits, his own coaching staff, he's had 6 years to adjust for "Big 12" offenses and athletes.

He admits this is the best team he's had here

And we still finish 4th in maybe the weakest Big 12 season in years.

Forget winning a national championship, forget making the playoffs, for those who want to keep Dana is the best argument you have is that we should be happy that in our BEST year with our BEST team the BEST we can ever hope for is FOURTH in our conference? Really?

Forget winning a national championship, forget making the playoffs, for those who want to keep Dana is the best argument you have is that we should be happy that in our BEST year with our BEST team the BEST we can ever hope for is FOURTH in our conference? Really?

Winning the National Championship Funniest thing I have ever read. People forgot the defense was not the best.

Winning the National Championship Funniest thing I have ever read. People forgot the defense was not the best.

He probably should have written conference championship. Still, the rest of his post is pretty accurate.

I would add that yes, 3rd or 4th place is about the best we can expect. That's in "down" years. Middle of the pack in most years.

Until you put defense first.

Dana is not a good coach. Never has never will. He has to change his style to get better. He won’t win the Big 12 trying to be Texas Tech 2.0 and pass, pass, pass or bust.

Recruit mobile QBs only going forward. Get the dual threat back. Play better defense.

Mediocrity it's not Dana's middle name it's his FIRST name - pure and simple.
Have read on this board that the recruiting has improved under him - that's
simply not true. My proof? His record over his time here. He won the Orange
Bowl over Clemson with Bill Stewart's recruits and from there on the program
has not improved at all. Just look at the two programs that played in that Orange
Bowl game. Where are they now?

ADVERTISEMENT