ADVERTISEMENT

If you only cared about football under Nehlen and RichRod

Why not throw Brown in there

First two years under Nehlen.
Played 4 ranked teams. Went 0-4 against them.

First two years under RichRod
Played 8 ranked teams. Went 2-6
Lost the first 6. Won the last 2

First two years under Brown
Played 9 ranked teams. Went 2-7

First two years have been pretty similar to Rich Rodriguez
Except Brown won his bowl game.
Neal Brown has had to play one more ranked team on average. 5 a year compared to 4.
Missed on the 5th last year with Oklahoma.

First two seasons with Rich Rodriguez 12-12
First two seasons with Neal Brown 11-11

Reactions: mofo
Why not throw Brown in there

First two years under Nehlen.
Played 4 ranked teams. Went 0-4 against them.

First two years under RichRod
Played 8 ranked teams. Went 2-6
Lost the first 6. Won the last 2

First two years under Brown
Played 9 ranked teams. Went 2-7

First two years have been pretty similar to Rich Rodriguez
Except Brown won his bowl game.
Neal Brown has had to play one more ranked team on average. 5 a year compared to 4.
Missed on the 5th last year with Oklahoma.

First two seasons with Rich Rodriguez 12-12
First two seasons with Neal Brown 11-11
Cool. Now do Holgorsen for comparison

Cool. Now do Holgorsen for comparison

Dana was 4-3 his first two years against ranked teams.
Won 17 games.

Followed that up with a 4-8 season.

Was given all the time in the world to put together a team capable of winning the Big 12.
Had his moments. Overall he wasn't ever going to have more offensive weapons than the other schools

Pretty much betted on himself. Have to give the man credit. It was logical. Didn't believe OU would been able to recreate the numbers they had with Baker Mayfield. But Kyler Murray was even better.

If you ever have the chance listen to Dana talk about Kyler Murray.

Not the right way to win.
Iowa State is proving this. Beaten then 2 out of the last 4 years. Were a two point conversion from making it 3.

Building a roster from the inside out. A complete football team.
But Matt Campbell has been there for awhile. Don't think he beat OU until his third year. Didn't get Brock Purdy till his fourth.

All of the Neal Brown propaganda rants by TrollVanZandt, the faux Texas fan, can be summed up in one simple statement: Some other Big 12 coaches weren't successful in their first two years, but became successful in years 3-5, so excuse Coach Brown's first two mediocre seasons, and know that he's on the road to enormous success. Of course, this is wild fan boy speculation, and only time will tell whether Brown is another Lincoln Riley or Tom Herman.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I always try to be excited. Keyword try. I was all about Holgs when he took over, but it didnt take long to realize he didnt make playing defense a big enough priority and even in a good year every game was a shootout.

I was really super excited about Brown, but part of that was that he brought along a legit DC who had a proven track record at coaching defenses to a high level. Then "woke" took over a year or so ago. Now Vic is gone, we are losing a lot of our good players to transfer, and who knows how good the new DC will end up being? Will our WR's stop dropping passes? Lots of things to figure out moving forward with WVU football. How will the team be as a "player-led" team instead of a coach-led team? We will see, but Brown should be on a hot seat if he doesnt show some improvement this coming season.

So, being a life-long Wvu fan means you were a Wvu fan while also being a sportswriter covering said team. Not good.

It should not matter if there is integrity and honest reporting. Even when a website or any broadcasting media is a team or politically centric site, it should not be obvious where the reporter's personal feelings lie..Accuracy and simple objectivity should be the goal.

It should not matter if there is integrity and honest reporting. Even when a website or any broadcasting media is a team or politically centric site, it should not be obvious where the reporter's personal feelings lie..Accuracy and simple objectivity should be the goal.
Excellent post, and I agree entirely. Now, are you able to name one WVU sports reporter in West Virginia, East or North of Huntington, who and isn't obviously a WVU fan?

Reactions: Rootmaster
Every referee, umpire and game official has a favorite team, but we should never suspect who it is.

I think the issue with the poster in question is that he will say that he is a Homer for WVU and everything that makes WVU look better such as pumping up how good the conference is in which WVU plays. Then he posts some analysis or evidence that supports this position. When that evidence is rebutted as being flimsy or misleading, he will then claim his retired, but previously "payed well" sports writer cred as to why the argument he is making deserves more consideration than the rest of us lowly peons. Despite that the argument just so happens to coincide with his own previously proclaimed homerism. You can't just keep switching hats from "I'm just a happy old optimist that always chooses to see the good in my 'rah rah' Alma Mater" to "I was once a paid sports writer for a newspaper and thus my analysis should be taken seriously as objective fact by you unwashed masses."

Last edited:
I root for EVERY WVU coach. What's rationality have to do with being a fan? It's the antinim of being a fan.
This is the funniest post ever by the fake blowhard cfe!!! Been laughing since I noticed. The self proclaimed professional sportswriter used the word "antinim". Antinim is the name of a hip hop artist. I'm sure he meant to use the word "antonym" which means "word opposite in meaning to another." Damn it's a bitch when you get had isn't it doofus?

Has nothing to do with the hip hop clown. Has everything to do with the bogus personality and background created by our resident idiot clown cfe.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I actually felt sorry for him and thought about following him on Twitter.
They have a little more action on Instagram.

Need to get their marketing game up.

I GUESS YOU WOULD THRASH JACK FLEMING AND MICKEY FURFARI FOR THAT REASON, TOO, HUH? I'M IN ROYAL COMPANY.
Wouldn't "thrash" them, but they are different. Ever listen to a bowl game on SiriusXM? You have a two feeds, one for each team, and they are homers through and through. Then you have a national feed, which SHOULD be neutral. Now Jack was a true homer on his broadcasts. Then you have Mickey. If he's doing a game recap there should be no homerism, just report the facts. If he's writing an opinion, then of course there will be homerism.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Yes Jack and Mickey were journalism royslty. Every royal court needs a jester. That would be you CLOWN CFE.

BTW Jack was far from a journalist , he was a sports broadcaster. Now Mickey was a jounalist until Oliver Luck became the AD and he hated everything Luck did especially firing his old cronies and who can forget his colums on the new ballpark from its need to its location

BTW Jack was far from a journalist , he was a sports broadcaster. Now Mickey was a jounalist until Oliver Luck became the AD and he hated everything Luck did especially firing his old cronies and who can forget his colums on the new ballpark from its need to its location
Jack was a broadcaster and a journalist. I worked with him for years...mostly writing his 6pm sports show...and on both the Mountaineer and Steelers networks lol. Cool dude. Fun times. Mediocre bowler though...sorry Jack.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
Big 12 is a different animal. People forget the beat downs Don used to take against VT, PSU, and Miami. Syracuse bloodied WVU's noses badly a few times. RR did not do much better against VT and Miami. When WVU faces strong programs it's a tall task to win.

Jack was a broadcaster and a journalist. I worked with him for years...mostly writing his 6pm sports show...and on both the Mountaineer and Steelers networks lol. Cool dude. Fun times. Mediocre bowler though...sorry Jack.

MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT JACK WAS HIS MOTHER AND HER ADVICE ABOUT PITT: "You will hate them forever."

Reactions: hbeacheer
Big 12 is a different animal. People forget the beat downs Don used to take against VT, PSU, and Miami. Syracuse bloodied WVU's noses badly a few times. RR did not do much better against VT and Miami. When WVU faces strong programs it's a tall task to win.

Yeah Tech giving WVU beat downs? You either are to young or have no idea of TECH / WVU rivalry.

Under Nehlen
L 34-11 in 1980
W 27-6 in 1981
W 16-6 in 1982
W 13-0 in 1983
W 14-7 in 1984
W 24-9 in 1985
L 13-7 in 1986
W 29-16 in 1987
W 22-10 in 1988
L 12-10 in 1989
L 26-21 in 1990
L 20-14 in 1991
W 16-7 in 1992
W 14-13 in 1993
L 34-6 in 1994
L 27-0 in 1995
L 31-14 in 1996
W 30-17 in 1997
L 27-13 in 1998
L 22-20 in 1999
L 48-20 in 2000

Nehlen 10-11 vs Tech (2-6 in Big East)

Rod vs Tech
L 35-0 in 2001
W 21-18 in 2002
W 28-7 in 2003
L 19-13 in 2004
L 24-17 in 2004

Rod 2-3 vs Tech

Holgs vs Tech
L 31-24 in 2017
Holgs 0-1 vs Tech

12-15 under those 3 coaches

Overall
28-23-1 (which means 16-8-1 before those 3 coaches)

VT and WVU were always good games and tight ones majority of the time. A few blowouts here and there by both teams. It's called rivalry. If not for WVU then Tech gets stuck in Southern Conference forever.

This is the funniest post ever by the fake blowhard cfe!!! Been laughing since I noticed. The self proclaimed professional sportswriter used the word "antinim". Antinim is the name of a hip hop artist. I'm sure he meant to use the word "antonym" which means "word opposite in meaning to another." Damn it's a bitch when you get had isn't it doofus?
The guy is 88 years old jackass. Your ignorant responses show more about you than him, that's for sure.

The guy is 88 years old jackass. Your ignorant responses show more about you than him, that's for sure.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. WHICH IS WHY I PUT HIM ON IGNORE. I ONLY WANT INFO ABOUT MY ALMA MATER. PERSONAL INSULTS DON'T DO IT FOR ME. I HAVE MORE CLASS THAN THAT.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. WHICH IS WHY I PUT HIM ON IGNORE. I ONLY WANT INFO ABOUT MY ALMA MATER. PERSONAL INSULTS DON'T DO IT FOR ME. I HAVE MORE CLASS THAN THAT.
What junior high would be your alma mater? As many on the forum would agree...you have proven your lack of class and reality with hundreds of your rants and sad self praising. Your persona is as truthful as a Joe Biden speech. You dish it out in stupid all caps but plead poor victim when it comes back your way. Pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT