ADVERTISEMENT

If you don't let #28 touch the football, I'm rooting against you this year.

I have a suspicion you'll be rooting against us anyway but I wouldn't mind seeing us get the ball to a tight end a little more often.

Reactions: Humptod
I have a suspicion you'll be rooting against us anyway but I wouldn't mind seeing us get the ball to a tight end a little more often.
Humpy is like me ...don't root against WVU just unwilling to buy the party line disingenuous excuses as to why they can't play MU!

You've got to give the dog a bone every now and then. Wellman is a senior. Let's give him the football every now and then just to keep the defense honest. (He can catch the ball out of the backfield.)

Humpy is like me ...don't root against WVU just unwilling to buy the party line disingenuous excuses as to why they can't play MU!
It's hard to swallow their excuses, isn't it Tonycried2? I might be able to respect them a little if they'd just admit they're afraid of Marshall.

It's hard to swallow their excuses, isn't it Tonycried2? I might be able to respect them a little if they'd just admit they're afraid of Marshall.
If the State of WV had a dollar for every disingenuous excuse the WVU offered as to why they can't /won't play MU...this State would be the wealthiest in the Nation.

I think my all time favorite is how they have 'nothing to gain' by playing Marshall, but yet, we see this:

Saturday, September 16, 12:00 PM
Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, West Virginia
Delaware State
Hornets

@
West Virginia
Mountaineers

Not sure how the cousins can reconcile that one.

I think my all time favorite is how they have 'nothing to gain' by playing Marshall, but yet, we see this:

Delaware State
Hornets

@
West Virginia
Mountaineers

I'm pretty sure you don't realize that a win over Marshall is worth little more than a win over Delaware State. Besides, with Marshall consistently playing one of the weakest schedules in all of FBS you have no room to criticize WVU's schedule.

I'm pretty sure you don't realize that a win over Marshall is worth little more than a win over Delaware State.
I'm pretty sure nobody would realize that. I'm not going to reply to your posts any longer if you continue to post at a countryroads89 type level.

Delaware State
Hornets

@
West Virginia
Mountaineers

My personal favorite is " MU doesn't deserve it because they tweek our nose". it".

If the truth hurts that much, then bye bye.
No truth to be found in your take. Total fabrication. There's not a human being alive that would agree that beating Delaware State is on the same scale as beating an in-state rival school, one that happens to compete on the same level. By the way, when was the last time the Hornets won a game?

No truth to be found in your take. Total fabrication. There's not a human being alive that would agree that beating Delaware State is on the same scale as beating an in-state rival school, one that happens to compete on the same level. By the way, when was the last time the Hornets won a game?

Being in the same state doesn't mean we are rivals. Marshall is 0-12 vs WVU, that's truth. Both being in the FBS doesn't mean we compete on the same level, there is a reason the FBS is separated into P-5 and G-5, Marshall being in the latter, or lesser if you will. That's truth. And being that Marshall's strength of schedule always ranks near the bottom of FBS it's not unreasonable that a win over them would be any more valuable in the eyes of bowl committees than a win over Delaware State.
You may not like to hear it, but that is the truth as well.

You may not like to hear it, but that is the truth as well.
07-minister.jpg

When was the last time MVU beat WVU in anything?

If the State of WV had a dollar for every disingenuous excuse the WVU offered as to why they can't /won't play MU...this State would be the wealthiest in the Nation.

If I had a million dollars for every time Marshall beat WVU, I'd still not be a millionaire.

I'm pretty sure you don't realize that a win over Marshall is worth little more than a win over Delaware State. Besides, with Marshall consistently playing one of the weakest schedules in all of FBS you have no room to criticize WVU's schedule.
Plus, Delaware St appreciates the opportunity and the payout. Greenies just beg for more and are never appreciative. Let 'em rot on the vine as they are doing.

ADVERTISEMENT