ADVERTISEMENT

If we had a vacancy...

Butch will get mobile QBs if he comes. That’s a plus. I’m shocked he flopped at Tennessee like he did. He did ok for a while but didn’t please the masses. I think he is much better than howdy doody they just hired. I’m just not sure Butch is good enough. He isn't much better than Dana. Which doesn’t say much.

Butch will get mobile QBs if he comes. That’s a plus. I’m shocked he flopped at Tennessee like he did. He did ok for a while but didn’t please the masses. I think he is much better than howdy doody they just hired. I’m just not sure Butch is good enough. He isn't much better than Dana. Which doesn’t say much.
Again, shut up.

I’ll say it again. Get KK and Venables. With no buy out for Dana we can open up the wallet.

If Venables just wants to be at DC, then that’s fine. Make him a 2 mil DC. We have to have an impact hire for the defense.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Would Butch Jones be considered?

You gotta think he'd toss his name in, right?
He knows a football player when he sees one..WVU had Antonio Brown locked up until Jones took the CMU job..Brown followed him..WVU was the only major offer Brown had as he was a QB in HS..Jones also nabbed Alvin Kamara from Jr College.

There's nothing about traitors in the quote. By law, Once a Mountaineer, Always a Mountaineer, still stands. The Product is a Mountaineer. Nothing anybody can do about it.
Product burned his bridges and scorched the WVA earth when he left for Meatchicken...

He knows a football player when he sees one..WVU had Antonio Brown locked up until Jones took the CMU job..Brown followed him..WVU was the only major offer Brown had as he was a QB in HS..Jones also nabbed Alvin Kamara from Jr College.

I like Butch but wonder what his ouster at Tenn would do to his recruiting abilities. Not really sure how much better he would be than Dana? Having spend time with Bama has likely helped him in several ways. I would thing he certainly makes the short list.

Someone who runs the power I. Just line up with a big nasty fullback and pound the inisde gaps for 3 and four yards a carry while running the play clock down before every snap.

Hell, I'm for hiring Bob Huggins. Probably a pay raise(?) and defense would improve immensely. TIC:smiley:

All teasing aside. His mindset is way more football than basketball. Our defense would be waaaay better with a treadmill on the sideline.

Someone who runs the power I. Just line up with a big nasty fullback and pound the inisde gaps for 3 and four yards a carry while running the play clock down before every snap.

That doesn't work in CFB anymore.
Teams will key with run blitzes and unless you have a QB that can hit the playaction pass it will mean you will not move the ball for 150 yards a game.

I think every DC would be thanking WV if it went down this road.

Butch Jones couldn't win the close games then all of sudden had two miracle victories.
Almost pulled another one out against A&M.
By the time the A&M game was over the team had probably 20-25 players injured.

But at the end he lost to S Carolina that allowed Florida to play in the SEC Championship game.

Butch Jones was given every chance to win at Tennessee and could not.
At the very least this is what the people in Knoxville believed.
They are a rabid fanbase with boosters just as bad.

When Florida hit the hailmary against Tennessee it was over...

Their passion gets directed at the wrong way towards the program.

Boosters were telling Butch Jones commits to decommit to get the rest of the fanbase against him.
By the time he left Knoxville don't even think the old ladies supported him.

Butch Jones couldn't win the close games then all of sudden had two miracle victories.
Almost pulled another one out against A&M.
By the time the A&M game was over the team had probably 20-25 players injured.

But at the end he lost to S Carolina that allowed Florida to play in the SEC Championship game.

Butch Jones was given every chance to win at Tennessee and could not.
At the very least this is what the people in Knoxville believed.
They are a rabid fanbase with boosters just as bad.

When Florida hit the hailmary against Tennessee it was over...

Their passion gets directed at the wrong way towards the program.

Boosters were telling Butch Jones commits to decommit to get the rest of the fanbase against him.
By the time he left Knoxville don't even think the old ladies supported him.

I could see him being a fit here. I like he has good HC experience and not just a coordinator.

usatsi_8725740.jpg
Just about perfect my friend.

The last two years there was major turnover in college football and theres a ton of former quality coaches floating around...

Butch Jones, Hugh Freeze, Briles, Jim Mcliwayn, todd graham, RR, ect

I’ll say it again. Get KK and Venables. With no buy out for Dana we can open up the wallet.

If Venables just wants to be at DC, then that’s fine. Make him a 2 mil DC. We have to have an impact hire for the defense.
The problem is that Dana hires assistants he likes to be buddies with and feels comfortable around instead of hiring the ones that are at the top of their trade.

That doesn't work in CFB anymore.
Teams will key with run blitzes and unless you have a QB that can hit the playaction pass it will mean you will not move the ball for 150 yards a game.

I think every DC would be thanking WV if it went down this road.
I was being sarcastic, I was thinking of the exact opposite of what we do now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT