ADVERTISEMENT

If only we could return to the Pat White Days

Yeah, but that was the Big East years and they don't count because..........(insert excuse here)

Yep.

People can say what they want about the Big East but that conference almost got us to a title game. Just beat a very bad 20+ Point underdog team named PITT and we’re in.

That conference didn’t let our team down...our team let that conference down. ...now we’ve taken that theme with us to the ‘show’....

Reactions: Charleston Mountie
It can happen again. It starts at the top however. The attitude, demeanor, and expectations then show up in the players.

You can. I’m working on a time travel machine that will get you back there any time you want.

Send me $100k for a deposit and as soon as I get it working, I’ll let you know what the balance is.

Reactions: LHANDSDC
As long as Dana is running the ship we can expect more of the same. Bowl losses, unfulfilled goals, and next year is our year, blah, blah, blah ........
And fans with the attitude you display do a lot to drag down the team. Keep up the good work so you retain something to bitch about and ammunition to fire at Dana.
Way to go Mountaineer Fans!

a major factor in everyone's discontent is that dana told us that the needed depth to compete in the big12 is here. then as the season goes on we find out that we have basically 4 wideouts and 1 qb....and for some reason the one position where we do have depth, our rb's, are taking delayed handoffs 8 yards deep in the backfield 50% of the time. we were told that the defense is now reloading instead of rebuilding, and while they have held their own at times, they can't seem to get the job done. we were told the s&c program is one of the best in the country but i see us getting beat up all over the field. the excuses are starting to run into each other and i think thats what is pissing people off.

a major factor in everyone's discontent is that dana told us that the needed depth to compete in the big12 is here. then as the season goes on we find out that we have basically 4 wideouts and 1 qb....and for some reason the one position where we do have depth, our rb's, are taking delayed handoffs 8 yards deep in the backfield 50% of the time. we were told that the defense is now reloading instead of rebuilding, and while they have held their own at times, they can't seem to get the job done. we were told the s&c program is one of the best in the country but i see us getting beat up all over the field. the excuses are starting to run into each other and i think thats what is pissing people off.
People can make excuses all they want, the proof is the failure in OOC games to schools we once were able to beat. Does anyone really think Utah was a big boy? Or Syracuse twice a few years ago? We’ve lost 2 years in a row to a 6-6 bowl opponent.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
I heard it thru the gravevine that Pat White still has two years of college eligibility. Maybe we can come up with the jack to pay him for a couple more years of service. It won't be cheap! Warez

I heard it thru the gravevine that Pat White still has two years of college eligibility. Maybe we can come up with the jack to pay him for a couple more years of service. It won't be cheap! Warez
Pat White would be Chugunov bad trying to run this offense. He was a system qb built for a Rod type offense.

And fans with the attitude you display do a lot to drag down the team. Keep up the good work so you retain something to bitch about and ammunition to fire at Dana.
Way to go Mountaineer Fans!
How is ignoring reality going to solve anything. In case you didn't notice we just got stomped by a 6-6 team from the worst power 5 conference in america. Fans from every school complain its not unique to just wvu. If you had any clue how sports work you understand this.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Yeah, but that was the Big East years and they don't count because..........(insert excuse here)
There were not as many tough teams in the conference. Even those teams figured out the recipe to stop the option(Pitt). It took several years for competition to recruit to stop us but it was getting done. To continue to win(even in the weaker BigE) we would have had to get a good mid/deep passing threat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT