ADVERTISEMENT

If Ohio State beats Wisconsin in the Big 10 title game?

Oklahoma lost to an average ISU team

Clemson lost to a bad Syracuse team

Georgia lost to a top 10 team but somehow falls behind both the above in your estimation?

“The eye test”

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Do they deserve a slot in the playoffs? Because if this happens you can see the entire pro Big 10 media machine pushing this agenda.
After being crushed at home by OU, they won't get the nod over them even if OU loses another game. Top that off with a crushing beat down by unranked Iowa. tOSU's 2 remaining games don't help them. There will be 1 SEC team. 1 B12 team, 1 ACC team. 4th team will be up in the air. Sould be a second SEC or ACC.

But the B1G media machine will be working overtime.

Reactions: Phil
Oklahoma lost to an average ISU team

Clemson lost to a bad Syracuse team

Georgia lost to a top 10 team but somehow falls behind both the above in your estimation?

“The eye test”

Who is to say what Ohio St shows if they get into the CFP
By all estimates Ohio St has had great performances as well as being blown out

That is a sure sign of a team who will not a NC.
Teams who win NC don't have off weeks. If they lose it is a close game. Not by 15 or 30.

Teams who win NC don't have off weeks. If they lose it is a close game. Not by 15 or 30.

Really? Let's test that theory.

1983 - Miami loses to Florida 28-3
1985 - Oklahoma loses to Miami 27-14
1989 - Miami loses to Florida St 24-10
1975 - Oklahoma loses to Kansas 23-3
2014 - Ohio St loses to Virginia Tech 35-21
1982 - Penn St loses to Alabama 42-21

Really? Let's test that theory.

1983 - Miami loses to Florida 28-3
1985 - Oklahoma loses to Miami 27-14
1989 - Miami loses to Florida St 24-10
1975 - Oklahoma loses to Kansas 23-3
2014 - Ohio St loses to Virginia Tech 35-21
1982 - Penn St loses to Alabama 42-21

None of those teams won championships except for 2014 Ohio St.
They were given the NC.

Ohio St lost by that many because they played with a QB in his first career start
Similar to the 85 Oklahoma team who had Troy Aikman knocked out of the game and went to the backup that never gave the job back

More importantly those are one game and not two.
Ohio St had their ass kicked twice

My question is..................would they take a WV conference champion team with 2 conference losses? The loss against VT would be stricken from the books. Warez

Man is this a dumb post. Please tell me you’re trolling and I’ll apopogize for not keeping up.

You don't choose teams based on what could happen in the playoffs....

You choose the best four teams in America the day of the selection.... Period.

If Ohio St wins out and has the conference title in hand, they will have a top 4 resume

In your dreams, Paw Paw. Ohio State beat Maryland by 48 points, and Maryland beat Texas by 10, so all that WVU has to do is beat Texas by 58 points to keep up with the mighty Buckeyes!

And Iowa beat Ohio State by 31 points and Iowa beat Iowa State by 3 points in overtime. So I guess Iowa State is 28 points better than Ohio State....and we beat Iowa State by 4.

Lot of games left to be played. Nobody knows what happens before that.

Reactions: 5150
And Iowa beat Ohio State by 31 points and Iowa beat Iowa State by 3 points in overtime. So I guess Iowa State is 28 points better than Ohio State....and we beat Iowa State by 4.
CFE had posted this same nonsense twice yesterday. Try and keep up.

They were given the NC.

Ohio St lost by that many because they played with a QB in his first career start
Similar to the 85 Oklahoma team who had Troy Aikman knocked out of the game and went to the backup that never gave the job back

You obviously created a new profile because you know that your post above is pure nonsense. Ohio State, which beat No. 1 Alabama in the Semifinal/Sugar Bowl, then routed No. 2 Oregon in the National Championship Game, with its third-string quarterback no less, was "given" the NC? Nobody is that dumb, and that's why you are hiding behind a new handle.

You obviously created a new profile because you know that your post above is pure nonsense. Ohio State, which beat No. 1 Alabama in the Semifinal/Sugar Bowl, then routed No. 2 Oregon in the National Championship Game, with its third-string quarterback no less, was "given" the NC? Nobody is that dumb, and that's why you are hiding behind a new handle.
Maybe you need to do what you instructed Country to do....READ the post correctly. The guy with the new profile clearly stated none of the teams won the national title EXCEPT for OHIO STATE. Obviously, he needed to add a period after his first sentence, but a smart guy like yourself should have been able to comprehend the post.

You don't choose teams based on what could happen in the playoffs....

You choose the best four teams in America the day of the selection.... Period.

If Ohio St wins out and has the conference title in hand, they will have a top 4 resume
So you are saying if Ohio state runs the table they should still get in over a one L Oklahoma team? Who beat OSU!

Maybe you need to do what you instructed Country to do....READ the post correctly. The guy with the new profile clearly stated none of the teams won the national title EXCEPT for OHIO STATE. Obviously, he needed to add a period after his first sentence, but a smart guy like yourself should have been able to comprehend the post.
Reading comprehension fail by you, fake Michigan fan. Once your daily hangover has cleared, go back and read StepDaddy's post, and my post again. StepDaddy posted, and I quote: "None of those teams won championships except for 2014 Ohio St.
They were given the NC." Now, who do suppose "they" is, genius? Perhaps, if you would wait until your morning coffee kicks in before posting, you'd be a much better poster, but I doubt it. If you were truly a Michigan fan, then you'd be worried about Wisconsin this week, and not so concerned about The Ohio State University, which is on deck.

So you are saying if Ohio state runs the table they should still get in over a one L Oklahoma team? Who beat OSU!
That's not what Keatons said, at all. Keatons has predicted that WVU will upset Oklahoma, and give the Sooners a second loss.

Reading comprehension fail by you, fake Michigan fan. Once your daily hangover has cleared, go back and read StepDaddy's post, and my post again. StepDaddy posted, and I quote: "None of those teams won championships except for 2014 Ohio St.
They were given the NC." Now, who do suppose "they" is, genius? Perhaps, if you would wait until your morning coffee kicks in before posting, you'd be a much better poster, but I doubt it. If you were truly a Michigan fan, then you'd be worried about Wisconsin this week, and not so concerned about The Ohio State University, which is on deck.

Michigan is right, dickhead. He clearly meant "none of those teams won except for Ohio State." Ohio State won. The others were given NCs. Hint: the others were prior to the new playoff format. Hint: the others were everyone on the list except for Ohio State.

Dumbass.

Michigan is right, dickhead. He clearly meant "none of those teams won except for Ohio State." Ohio State won. The others were given NCs. Hint: the others were prior to the new playoff format. Hint: the others were everyone on the list except for Ohio State. Dumbass.
Thanks for explaining your own post, "StepDaddy." Next time, I will climb inside your tiny head, and attempt to convert your incoherent gibberish into plain English.

Thanks for explaining your own post, "StepDaddy." Next time, I will climb inside your tiny head, and attempt to convert your incoherent gibberish into plain English.

Your wife loves to call me daddy but that is probably irrelevant to you thinking I am another poster.

its-better-to-remain-silent.jpg

They were given the NC.

Yeah, see the problem with that is, the playoffs have only been around for 3 years. The rest of the time, the teams were selected. That would render the poster's argument meaningless.

One game or two is irrelevant to his point. He said national championship teams don't have off weeks, and they clearly do.

Correction to an earlier poster. Playing in the Big 10 West does NOT mean you don't play Teams in the East. Each team has 3 crossover games. Iowa's 3 crossover games were vs Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan State. Wisconsin avoided all 3 of those teams.

They will once again have beaten another way over ranked Big 10 team that hasn't beaten anybody. They may as well rename the playoffs the Ohio State Invitational if they are going to do Yoga and go into contortions every year to figure out a way to put them in over another more worthy team.

Reactions: Phil and GoWVU
They will once again have beaten another way over ranked Big 10 team that hasn't beaten anybody. They may as well rename the playoffs the Ohio State Invitational if they are going to do Yoga and go into contortions every year to figure out a way to put them in over another more worthy team.

You're ringing your hands over Ohio St getting in the playoffs, when they are currently ranked 13th.

Also, they haven't been put in over more worthy teams.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
You're ringing your hands over Ohio St getting in the playoffs, when they are currently ranked 13th.

Also, they haven't been put in over more worthy teams.

They are still ranked 8 so someone still helping them out! Really, the committee is starting to hurt themselves by not getting off the knob of the Buckeyes.

Jed Drenning@TheSignalCaller

Deep Thoughts: Ohio State lost 55-24 to a team that was held to 66 yards of total offense a week later. That's 66. Two sixes.
~Jack Handy

9:39 PM - Nov 14, 2017

They are still ranked 8 so someone still helping them out! Really, the committee is starting to hurt themselves by not getting off the knob of the Buckeyes.

Deep Thoughts: Ohio State lost 55-24 to a team that was held to 66 yards of total offense a week later. That's 66. Two sixes.
~Jack Handy

Yeah, the are ranked #8, which is four spots away from the playoffs. They are 8-2. You're simply delusional if you think it's abnormal for an 8-2 team to be ranked in the top 10. Notice both the AP and Coaches have them in the exact same spot.

Actually, that's not even true. They are ranked #9, not #8. That's even lower than the AP and Coaches.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

~Jack Handy

Jed Drenning...LOL I still remember Tony Gibson's bad mouthing of Ohio State in 2014...a month or so before OSU won the first CFP Title. Iowa is dynamite at home, and awful on the Road. In fact, Iowa has beaten FOUR of the last FIVE Top 5 teams that have visited Iowa City. The only loss in these five games was a two-point defeat to Penn State on the last play of the game. Why is this the case? I have no idea.

they should just keep that crystal football in columbus forever...i mean, it gets confusing moving it from place to place and since the buckeyz are the best anyway, no matter how many games they win or lose, they should just be the champs. makes things simpler. anyway, we have bigger things to worry about like getting our whole roster put out of the game by texas. i don't know about anyone else but im scared....could be a real bloodbath saturday. i hear ruby has rooms set aside for all of our injured...

Jed Drenning...LOL I still remember Tony Gibson's bad mouthing of Ohio State in 2014...a month or so before OSU won the first CFP Title. Iowa is dynamite at home, and awful on the Road. In fact, Iowa has beaten FOUR of the last FIVE Top 5 teams that have visited Iowa City. The only loss in these five games was a two-point defeat to Penn State on the last play of the game. Why is this the case? I have no idea.
Saw an interesting read today that one of the ways the committee can control the strength of schedule is by not voting certain teams into the Top 25(saw this above). So if the committee does not want Oklahoma to have a more difficult schedule they just don't vote WVU in.

The other thing is the Top 8 schools get playoff money so they sure are making sure OSU stays in the top 8. Really, the old system was better because you had 900 people voting so it was hard to control the bias but with 12 its hard.

Saw an interesting read today that one of the ways the committee can control the strength of schedule is by not voting certain teams into the Top 25(saw this above). So if the committee does not want Oklahoma to have a more difficult schedule they just don't vote WVU in.

The other thing is the Top 8 schools get playoff money so they sure are making sure OSU stays in the top 8. Really, the old system was better because you had 900 people voting so it was hard to control the bias but with 12 its hard.
Cool story, bro!
0008551601_10.jpg

If Ohio State beats Illinois tomorrow and Michigan next Saturday, then "yes," is the answer to your question, Allen. In fact, one win by Ohio State makes it very likely that the Buckeyes will be in the B1G Championship Game.

If Ohio State beats Illinois tomorrow and Michigan next Saturday, then "yes," is the answer to your question, Allen. In fact, one win by Ohio State makes it very likely that the Buckeyes will be in the B1G Championship Game.

Shame they have to depend on others to make the CFP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT