ADVERTISEMENT

If Ohio State beats Wisconsin in the Big 10 title game?

AllEers6

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2011
Do they deserve a slot in the playoffs? Because if this happens you can see the entire pro Big 10 media machine pushing this agenda.

Yes, as a conference champ, they should be in. Of course, the field needs to be expanded in order to make this happen. Three weeks of big games remain, so hopefully it will play itself out. It's possible OSU will get in, but they need some help.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
No team that gets their asses beat like they did against IOWA deserves in. If there’s any such thing as a “eye test” elimination game then that was it.

Reactions: Bronco-eer
Yes, as a conference champ, they should be in. Of course, the field needs to be expanded in order to make this happen. Three weeks of big games remain, so hopefully it will play itself out. It's possible OSU will get in, but they need some help.
LOL! So a two L OSU should get in over a one L Wisconsin? See that was OSU getting in under those terms last year.

So the tourney needs expended now that the Big Ten and OSU not getting in but TCU didn't get in several years and you didn't hear the Big 12 saying expend to 8 teams.

Some people continue to lack basic reading comprehension skills.

As stated, conference champs should get in, BUT the field needs to be expanded in order to make this happen.

In other words, nowhere within my text was there any mention of conference A or conference B being left out. I'll go a step further. I personally don't give a shit if the conference my team competes within gets left out or not. I'm a fan of Team "X", not Conference "X".

Lastly, most people prefer expanding the field. One day it will happen, and the sooner, the better. D1 College Football continues to be the only sport where the teams competing are decided over time by sportswriters, so called committee experts, and computers. Maybe I'm wrong, but I prefer to see the games decided on the field of play.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Some people continue to lack basic reading comprehension skills.

As stated, conference champs should get in, BUT the field needs to be expanded in order to make this happen.

In other words, nowhere within my text was there any mention of conference A or conference B being left out. I'll go a step further. I personally don't give a shit if the conference my team competes within gets left out or not. I'm a fan of Team "X", not Conference "X".

Lastly, most people prefer expanding the field. One day it will happen, and the sooner, the better. D1 College Football continues to be the only sport where the teams competing are decided over time by sportswriters, so called committee experts, and computers. Maybe I'm wrong, but I prefer to see the games decided on the field of play.
I agree, but we all know the Presidents don't want this

LOL! So a two L OSU should get in over a one L Wisconsin? See that was OSU getting in under those terms last year.
Wisconsin isn't getting in with one loss, PERIOD The Badgers' resume is bad because of weak OOC scheduling, and playing in the B1G West, which allows them to avoid both Ohio State and Penn State in the regular season.

Nobody in that conference has beaten anybody out of conference. Nobody from that conference should get in to anything except the MAC championship.

No it wasn’t as Ohio St had the nation’s toughest schedule meanwhile Wisconsin has had a cakewalk season to date.....

Not even CLOSE

Expand the field immediately! I want the Mountaineers to make the field this year! If WV winds up as the Big 12 conference champion do they get in with 2 losses? Warez

Expand the field immediately! I want the Mountaineers to make the field this year! If WV winds up as the Big 12 conference champion do they get in with 2 losses? Warez

All "Ls" count. We already have 3. I think that there is a chance that a 2 loss team could make it in this season.

My question is..................would they take a WV conference champion team with 2 conference losses? The loss against VT would be stricken from the books. Warez

Do they deserve a slot in the playoffs? Because if this happens you can see the entire pro Big 10 media machine pushing this agenda.
They already are, Herbstreit started during the Miami game.

...and “deserve” has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Phil
No it wasn’t as Ohio St had the nation’s toughest schedule meanwhile Wisconsin has had a cakewalk season to date.....

Not even CLOSE
Good then Wisconsin should not get in with one L and if its as bad as you say then this sounds like the year no Big 10 team gets a bid.

I know one poster who would be miserable..........
Since I've spent a lifetime tilting at windmills like my hero, Don Quixote, I would be outraged if tofu gets in ahead of Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma or Clemson or Auburn. It would be further proof of the major bias in the College Football Pretzel committee. The Big 10 champ, unless it's unbeaten wimp Wisconsin, does NOT belong in the national playoffs this year. Or last season, as the skunking of tofu proved. Why can't these guys be as smart as I am?

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34

T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 24-31

A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg

I nvincible to inept, nipped Baylor, 38-36

N oxious offense deadly vs. Oklahoma State, 39-50

E arly lead behind offense, defense; survived Iowa State, 20-16

E ers defense, then offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Reactions: Phil
Since I've spent a lifetime tilting at windmills like my hero, Don Quixote, I would be outraged if tofu gets in ahead of Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma or Clemson or Auburn. It would be further proof of the major bias in the College Football Pretzel committee. The Big 10 champ, unless it's unbeaten wimp Wisconsin, does NOT belong in the national playoffs this year. Or last season, as the skunking of tofu proved. Why can't these guys be as smart as I am?

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

E ers defense, then offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma
This is why you have ZERO credibility, Pops. You threw a hysterical tantrum because Ohio State was invited to the CFP without having won a conference championship last year, but would throw a fit, if Ohio State were to be selected ahead of Alabama, Auburn, Miami, or Clemson, notwithstanding the fact that at least two of these schools would not be conference champions. #Hypocrite

This is why you have ZERO credibility, Pops. You threw a hysterical tantrum because Ohio State was invited to the CFP without having won a conference championship last year, but would throw a fit, if Ohio State were to be selected ahead of Alabama, Auburn, Miami, or Clemson, notwithstanding the fact that at least two of these schools would not be conference champions. #Hypocrite
You expect me to take a tofu and ageism perpetrator seriously. Seriously? Iowa is such a bad team that Iowa State, one of our perpetual bottom feeders took Iowa into overtime. How did tofu do against Iowa? Choked on bean curd, I believe. Go back to your grandmommy's basement, tofu boy!

Yep, when caught in a web of deceit, you resort to attacking your obsession: The Ohio State University. Iowa State also beat the two best teams in the Big 12, but be sure to ignore this fact because it doesn't advance your agenda.

I notice you left Oklahoma out so I guess now that OSU lost to them its sill ok to push the Sooners out? Even with two L's? Wow!

Depends on who loses in front of them and who doesn't.
I think the pro Big 10 media types are nervous because the favorite son OSU has 2 L's and Wisconsin's schedule is crap. Interest to see if the Big 10 gets left out

I notice you left Oklahoma out so I guess now that OSU lost to them its sill ok to push the Sooners out? Even with two L's? Wow!
Who left Oklahoma out? Oklahoma is one of the Big 12's two best teams, isn't it? I thought that you were smart enough to figure this one out on your own. BTW, I expect Oklahoma to run the table, and get an invitation to the CFP.

Reactions: AllEers6
Talking heads are also pushing USC if strange things happen like this past weekend.

Yep, when caught in a web of deceit, you resort to attacking your obsession: The Ohio State University. Iowa State also beat the two best teams in the Big 12, but be sure to ignore this fact because it doesn't advance your agenda.
If we extend your logic, since WVU beat Iowa State, that makes my alma mater about 40 points better than tofu.

In your dreams, Paw Paw. Ohio State beat Maryland by 48 points, and Maryland beat Texas by 10, so all that WVU has to do is beat Texas by 58 points to keep up with the mighty Buckeyes!

Reactions: AllEers6
In your dreams, Paw Paw. Ohio State beat Maryland by 48 points, and Maryland beat Texas by 10, so all that WVU has to do is beat Texas by 58 points to keep up with the mighty Buckeyes!
If we extend your logic, since WVU beat Iowa State, that makes my alma mater about 40 points better than tofu. Young whippersnapper!

Good then Wisconsin should not get in with one L and if its as bad as you say then this sounds like the year no Big 10 team gets a bid.

A one loss ACC champ, a one loss OK and Bama or Georgia winning the SEC would lock that in

But WVU is beating OK soooooooo

I actually hope UCF runs the table to complicate things more

Hey, Keatons: CFE didn't use this same "logic" last season, relative to Ohio State, due to these scores: Ohio State 45, Oklahoma 24; and Oklahoma 56, WVU 28. CFE's "logic" changes not only from season to season, but also week to week. His primary care nurse will remove all sharp objects and meds. from his room, if Ohio State wins out, and the Buckeyes have any chance to sneak into the CFP. Stay tuned....

CFE 2016 - “Penn St, ignoring their 2 losses, deserves to get in because they won their conference”

CFE 2017 - “Ohio St, because of their 2 losses, doesn’t deserve to get in even if they win their conference”

Actually I hope Auburn beats Bama just so CFE can lose his argument about a non-division winner still making the playoffs

And yes, a 1-loss Bama is still Top 4

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
I want to see Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma, and (of course) Ohio State all win out, and the Buckeyes sneak into the CFP at No. 4. Alabama would probably kill Ohio State, but CFE's meltdown would be epic, regardless.

that was two different Maryland team, after they lost their QB they have been terrible

Some posters are more interested than seeing if the results can make me go off the deep end rather than this team or that team winning or losing. I'm flattered. But not surprised.
By the way, those who know me know how easy I let things roll off my back, and how calm I am in the clutch, which is why I like Tony Gibson, Will Grier, Sills and David Long so much. They put me in my calm place before I go bonkers.

Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma and Clemson lead the pack in my estimation. I'll repeat: ANY unbeaten Power 5 conference champ, including Wisconsin in the weak (by their historical standards) Big 10, belongs in the Final Four.

E xcellent defense, then offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

ADVERTISEMENT