ADVERTISEMENT

If Fickell brings Ron Crook back to Morgantown...

Fickell seems capable, but he is clearly a tOSU lifer.

Born in Columbus.

Attended and played for Ohio State.

Coached his entire career at Ohio State.

Wife attended Ohio State.

From 1999 until right now, he has never had a job outside of Ohio.

Lets be real, theres only one place he really cares about.

Fickell seems capable, but he is clearly a tOSU lifer.

Born in Columbus.

Attended and played for Ohio State.

Coached his entire career at Ohio State.

Wife attended Ohio State.

From 1999 until right now, he has never had a job outside of Ohio.

Lets be real, theres only one place he really cares about.
Well, they apparently didn't care much about him, cause he didn't get the OSU head coaching job. And don't forget, Don Nehlen was an Ohio guy until he became a dedicated WV guy.

Well, they apparently didn't care much about him, cause he didn't get the OSU head coaching job. And don't forget, Don Nehlen was an Ohio guy until he became a dedicated WV guy.

Nothing against the guy but he failed the one time he had chance at OSU didn’t get time of day when Ryan Day was bored. Sure he won 11 games but barely beat a bad Va Tech team giving up 30+. . I read he runs power run offense. That’ll get skill guys to come to Morgantown.

Ohio but not steeped in tOSU mentality. In fact I believe he turned down interviews with them when they had openings.

Ohio but not steeped in tOSU mentality. In fact I believe he turned down interviews with them when they had openings.

That's my point. Fickell is a tOSU true believer. His entire life has revolved around it...born and raised in Columbus, dreamed of playing at OSU...played OSU. Married OSU girl, coached his whole career in Ohio, mostly with Ohio State.

That's my point. Fickell is a tOSU true believer. His entire life has revolved around it...born and raised in Columbus, dreamed of playing at OSU...played OSU. Married OSU girl, coached his whole career in Ohio, mostly with Ohio State.
You are preaching to another preacher. I have been saying the same thing through out the day in several posts. I just do not see him buying into WVU and being willing to stay for any extended time. As I said before it reminds me of the firing of Bucky Waters as BB coach. He was a DUKIE through and through. We played DUKE in Charleston and beat them. word got out that after the game Buckey was in tears. I can foresee similar 'loyalty' from LF. I get much better vibes from what I read about and assessing what I can find about Brown, his background, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT