ADVERTISEMENT

If 2, 9, 14 & maybe 4 lose, WVU should

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU should climb higher in the polls. I'm sure the committee would like to see Oklahoma and WVU ranked higher for the game coming up Saturday. Makes for more excitement and drama.

Just keep winning, Mountaineers. 8-1 is a great start!

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

It was said this morning by the talking heads that "if WVU beats Texas in Austin, we should start taking them serious". Well, they probably will now say "If WVU beats Oklahoma, then we should take them serious". Then after that, "If WVU beats Iowa State, we should take them serious". And finally, "If WVU beats Baylor, we should take them serious". ;)

Reactions: pressvirginia
We can beat Oklahoma, but it won't be easy. Need strong play by Howard and the line. Hopefully at least Crawford or Shell can go at near 100 percent as well.

We will crack the top 10, if we beat OU the talk will heat up. UW and Clemson losses were huge.

Clemson will need to lose one more time for WVU to get past them. Playoff will be Bama, one Big10 team, one ACC team and one mystery team.

Clemson will drop to 4, Michigan 5, Washington probably to 10. TAMU will jump into the 3 spot, just because of the $EC

Clemson will drop to 4, Michigan 5, Washington probably to 10. TAMU will jump into the 3 spot, just because of the $EC
A & M also lost at home. If PSU wins out including the B1G championship game they will probably snag a 2nd spot for the B1G. Although a 2 loss Okie St. or 2 loss OU or 1 loss WVU would have a heck of an argument.

My prediction of CFP top 10
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Louisville
5. Clemson
6. Wisconsin
7. Washington
8. PSU
9. Oklahoma
10. WVU

My prediction of CFP top 10
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Louisville
5. Clemson
6. Wisconsin
7. Washington
8. PSU
9. Oklahoma
10. WVU

Impressive!!! Good call on most of your top 10. Incredible WVU gets no respect.

All they do is just recycle the top 4 in respective spots. Clemson I thought they would be 5. But no they jumped them 2 spots over Louisville and move to #4. So if Ohio State beats Michigan then it would be interesting to see if they put PSU in top 4 along with Ohio State or move OU or Washington up to 4 if they win out. This cfp committee stuff is a joke.

All they do is just recycle the top 4 in respective spots. Clemson I thought they would be 5. But no they jumped them 2 spots over Louisville and move to #4. So if Ohio State beats Michigan then it would be interesting to see if they put PSU in top 4 along with Ohio State or move OU or Washington up to 4 if they win out. This cfp committee stuff is a joke.
It's more or less proven that if you don't go undefeated, nothing is guaranteed. Once you have a loss, it is all conjecture. I wish 2007 would happen again (besides the embarrassment in December) so it throws a wrench into the whole thing with one team having one loss and 5-6 others with two. If it doesn't expand to 8 within the next couple seasons, there will be much, much less interest in this playoff or college football in general.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT