ADVERTISEMENT

I would normally be incredibly angry

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
about a terrible, terrible loss. There can be no excuse. But what I feel is a bit of sadness for Josh and his staff. Did Wren make a mistake in not hiring a permanent replacement even though the timing was horrible and the candidate field pretty sparse? I honestly don't know. I think Beilein would have been the one option that most of Mountaineer Nation would welcome but was the price too high?

And the absolute turmoil around the program caused by Huggs' drinking problem is certainly not Eilert's fault. Not only did we lose a lot of players to transfer, but the NCAA has helped to sideline Silverio, Battle, and Kriisa. No way we lose if those guys are playing. They could help overcome mediocre to poor coaching. And we lose Perez to a ridiculous decision on Perez's part. Then we lose Akok, which is a huge blow inside and at the 4. I have never before seen this kind of bedlam in a program at WVU. And Josh has to try and overcome that to keep his job.

I don't know what is going to happen to Battle, although the pressure on the NCAA is growing. And we get Kerr back in the 10th game. Akok is still deciding if he is going to play again. If we get all 3 back, I think this team can be respectable even if the coaching is not very good. If it goes south, I really hope that Josh does not lose the team.

I have gone from thinking we could potentially be a final four team to hoping we don't collapse and make a fool of ourselves. And this is all on Huggs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News