ADVERTISEMENT

I told you BLM and the lib reaction to placate them would lead to the deaths of innocent blacks

Ask the families of those who have been shot or killed. They are looking for police protection, and it isn't coming from a department that has been abandoned. It is difficult to put your life on the line for the citizens yelling to "kill police". They will do enough to keep their job and get paid until they find a better situation. Sad situation for all concerned, but a haven for the outlaws.
I was referring more to Paxxx's "told you so" attitude rather than the substance of the post, but the substance none the less is classless too.

I was referring more to Paxxx's "told you so" attitude rather than the substance of the post, but the substance none the less is classless too.

Why was the substance classless? It is true. People are dying because of the actions of libs in Baltimore. Do you dispute this?

Why was the substance classless? It is true. People are dying because of the actions of libs in Baltimore. Do you dispute this?
Do I dispute the BECAUSE in your post as being the only factor leading to this issue.....hell yes! Do I dispute that it's a factor? No.

But why is the long history of corruption in the Baltimore Police Department not discussed? Why does it JUST have to lie at the feet of the BLM movement? It's just not as black and white as that.....well.....not in that way anyway.

Do I dispute the BECAUSE in your post as being the only factor leading to this issue.....hell yes! Do I dispute that it's a factor? No.

But why is the long history of corruption in the Baltimore Police Department not discussed? Why does it JUST have to lie at the feet of the BLM movement? It's just not as black and white as that.....well.....not in that way anyway.

Even Comey said the "Ferguson Effect" was causing law enforcement to pull back from policing. This directly leads to lives lost. Indisputable. Look at the numbers. Now Baltimore has its highest murder rate ever. What do you think is the major cause?

I am all in favor of getting rid of bad cops. What I am not in favor of doing is using phony stats that the Obama DOJ used to punish police departments.

‘Out of control’: Murder rate in Baltimore worst ever, Chicago paces record high
Published time: 2 May, 2017 04:10 Edited time: 2 May, 2017 10:46
Get short URL
590801c8c46188370e8b45b6.jpg

© Jim Young / Reuters
Baltimore Sun. The last time the city experienced more murders by this point was 1993.

Since the population was greater in 1993, this year marks the city’s highest murder rate per capita ever, according to the Baltimore Sun. The murder rate in the city is up more than 30 percent compared to last year. Violent crime, shootings and robberies have also gone up by double-digit percentages from last year.

At last week’s news briefing, Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh explained how she went to the FBI’s Baltimore office to meet with the special agent in charge and requested assistance in bringing down the murder rate in the city.

Read more
Judge rejects delay request in Baltimore police reform
"Murder is out of control," Pugh said at her weekly news briefing Wednesday, according to CNN. "There are too many guns on the streets. We're looking for all the help we can get."

In addition, the city is operating with the lowest number of police officers in around a decade. While the city never had less than 2,900 officers on the force throughout the 2000s, there are only 2,500 officers today. The city has been paying $1 million a month in overtime to make up for the difference.

You get in a crisis mode like we’re in right now with crime out of control and not enough uniformed officers on the street,” Lt. Gene Ryan, president of the Fraternal Order of Police, told WJZ. “I would say it’s at a crisis point.

Pugh requested additional agents to help fight violent crime in the city, according to the mayor’s spokesman, Anthony McCarthy. He said that could either mean bringing in additional FBI agents or reassigning agents to work with local police. Pugh is also asking the FBI to share its latest crime fighting technologies with the Baltimore Police.

On Tuesday, the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said it plans to assist the Baltimore Police with a gun-tracing van to help solve gun crimes quicker.

"The summers in Baltimore tend to be very violent," McCarthy said, according to KSAT. "And the mayor wants to get a handle on all the murders, the flood of guns on the streets and the gang activity."

McCarthy said that Pugh hopes to make an announcement about adding federal officers to the force by next week.

In Chicago, Illinois, more than 1,000 people have been shot and nearly 200 homicides have been reported in the first four months of 2017. As of Monday morning, there were 193 homicides reported, which is 18 more than the 175 reported last year. Last year was the most violent in Chicago for the past 20 years.

Read more
Murder rate rises at fastest pace since 1970s, remains near historic lows ‒ report
In April 2016, there were 36 reported murders compared to 45 this year, an increase of 9 homicides. There were a total of 247 shooting incidents this April, only six shy of the 253 reported in April 2016.

While homicide rates in the city have remained high, Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said that the overall number of people shot has gone down from 1,129 last year to 1,051 so far this year.

The shooting incidents are down a little bit over 100 from the same time last year, so that’s some encouraging sign. The number of shooting victims is actually down, so if we can keep trending in that direction, then we should be setting ourselves up for a pretty good year,” Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said, according to WBBM.

Johnson hopes the decline in the number of people shot will lead to fewer homicides over the course of the year. He said the new crime tip website and “ShotSpotter” gunshot technology that has been installed in the most violent areas in the city have made a difference.

We put those new strategic support centers in both of those districts, so a lot of that technology is helping us be more proactive in the way that we deploy,” Johnson said.

It was honest from somebody who has been there. Did you object to something in particular that you would care to defend? Do you have and credibility in the subject?

But why is the long history of corruption in the Baltimore Police Department not discussed?

Do you live in or close to Charm City? I lived close by for years. I also worked in and spent a lot of time in Baltimore. What is the long history of corruption in Baltimore Police Department that you talk about? You might be confusing the corruption in the city government with the Police Dept.

Do you live in or close to Charm City? I lived close by for years. I also worked in and spent a lot of time in Baltimore. What is the long history of corruption in Baltimore Police Department that you talk about? You might be confusing the corruption in the city government with the Police Dept.

Could he be talking about this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a6ed597e4ca_story.html?utm_term=.5e73d1d487bf

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor...er-tweets-up?utm_term=.uqKZ4QREvg#.ifbygVzwOr

I don't know if you have or not, how would I. Many libs don't like cops.

Found this from a former Baltimore cop.......

"A hero isn't a cop who instantly fires off his gun, a hero isn't the cop who shot Tamir Rice," Wood said, referring to the 12-year-old in Cleveland who was shot in 2014 by an officer who thought his toy gun was real. "A hero is the guy who hesitates before shooting, the guy that takes the risk of being shot himself for the sake of not killing an innocent person."

Could be.....but thats far from a "long history". I would say EVERY dept of EVERY city,county,state and federal governments has some issues and problems. Baltimore city government has a "long history" of corruption going way back to the days of Nancy Patricia D'Alesandro Pelosi's father.

You do know that 3 of the officers arrested in the Freddie Grey death were black, right?

Of the 2,745 active duty police officers in the department — 1,445 — more than half are African-American, Hispanic, Asian or Native American, according to data provided by the Baltimore police department to The Daily Caller News Foundation.

* Four of its top six commanders are either African-American or Hispanic.

Corruption knows no color. Bigoted police officers are another matter entirely. Baltimore has a police department that looks a lot like the community they serve.

You do know that 3 of the officers arrested in the Freddie Grey death were black, right?

Of the 2,745 active duty police officers in the department — 1,445 — more than half are African-American, Hispanic, Asian or Native American, according to data provided by the Baltimore police department to The Daily Caller News Foundation.

* Four of its top six commanders are either African-American or Hispanic.

Corruption knows no color. Bigoted police officers are another matter entirely. Baltimore has a police department that looks a lot like the community they serve.

What the Hell are you even talking about? I'm not talking about race here, YOU are. Don't turn this in to a racism thing. He asked about "corruption", I searched and found this story. I thought that other story was fitting, too, since you stated I hated cops and found a statement from a former Baltimore police officer (you keep bringing up Baltimore).

So, I guess this cop "hates cops" too (and I would say, he's been in these type of situations that you keep saying neither of us are, so we "wouldn't know"):

"A hero isn't a cop who instantly fires off his gun, a hero isn't the cop who shot Tamir Rice," Wood said, referring to the 12-year-old in Cleveland who was shot in 2014 by an officer who thought his toy gun was real. "A hero is the guy who hesitates before shooting, the guy that takes the risk of being shot himself for the sake of not killing an innocent person."

Reactions: Boomboom521
What the Hell are you even talking about? I'm not talking about race here, YOU are. Don't turn this in to a racism thing. He asked about "corruption", I searched and found this story. I thought that other story was fitting, too, since you stated I hated cops and found a statement from a former Baltimore police officer (you keep bringing up Baltimore).

So, I guess this cop "hates cops" too (and I would say, he's been in these type of situations that you keep saying neither of us are, so we "wouldn't know"):

Libs are the ones constantly talking about race. Black lives matter is all about race. I simply pointed out the obvious fact that in Baltimore, the police department is more than 50% minority. And still, the riots occurred. And black lives matter marched. And now good people are dying. Yet liberals reflexively support black lives matter even when they are doing so much damage and harm. If you look at the start of this post, it was all about black lives matter.

My friend, that was in the Dallas gang unit, perhaps he hesitated and now he is dead. I know many police officers that would disagree with this police officer's beliefs. When you are in violent neighborhoods, hesitation can get you killed.

Libs are the ones constantly talking about race. Black lives matter is all about race. I simply pointed out the obvious fact that in Baltimore, the police department is more than 50% minority. And still, the riots occurred. And black lives matter marched. And now good people are dying. Yet liberals reflexively support black lives matter even when they are doing so much damage and harm. If you look at the start of this post, it was all about black lives matter.

You are deflecting. You play the race card just as much as you are claiming the "liberals" do because it now fits your agenda.

You supported the jury verdict in Minnesota, then claimed that I "convicted" him when I never did one time. He gets fired for his inability to stay calm, which leads you to claim it was "for other reasons" when you can't be sure. When others speculate, whether it be for race or political reasons, you go nuts on them, but it is fine for you to speculate?

I'll just post this one more time, from a person who served on the police force:

"A hero is the guy who hesitates before shooting, the guy that takes the risk of being shot himself for the sake of not killing an innocent person."

My friend, that was in the Dallas gang unit, perhaps he hesitated and now he is dead. I know many police officers that would disagree with this police officer's beliefs. When you are in violent neighborhoods, hesitation can get you killed.

Hesitation? It can also kill an innocent person, too.

On Wednesday morning, former Baltimore police Sgt. Michael A. Wood Jr. woke up to find his phone full of thousands of new Twitter notifications.

A few days earlier, the 35-year-old Marine corps veteran had begun tweeting about his 11 years in the Baltimore Police Department — and all the things he had seen that he now felt needed to be shared.

You are deflecting. You play the race card just as much as you are claiming the "liberals" do because it now fits your agenda.

You supported the jury verdict in Minnesota, then claimed that I "convicted" him when I never did one time. He gets fired for his inability to stay calm, which leads you to claim it was "for other reasons" when you can't be sure. When others speculate, whether it be for race or political reasons, you go nuts on them, but it is fine for you to speculate?

I'll just post this one more time, from a person who served on the police force:

"A hero is the guy who hesitates before shooting, the guy that takes the risk of being shot himself for the sake of not killing an innocent person."

I did not claim he got fired for other reasons. I said there may have been other reasons that we are unaware of. Please don't misrepresent what I post. The only time I bring up race is pointing out the obvious fact that liberals dwell on it. And as I said, I believe many police officers would disagree with the above quote. If you hesitate out there, you're at risk of losing your life. And your life is just as important as anyone else's.

LMOA. I am married to a Lebanese/Syrian woman. Nice try. I have been to the Middle East many times ranging from Dubai to Lebanon. Almost all of our friends are Arabic, mostly Muslim. Nice try.

BTW, the Muslim men I know would agree with me. They want to get the terrorists as much or more than we do. Like police officers, the bad ones give the good ones a very bad name.

Ole Boomboom going with the holier than thou liberal elitist attitude. Backfired on you didn't it Boomboom?

Ole Boomboom going with the holier than thou liberal elitist attitude. Backfired on you didn't it Boomboom?
Thanks, I didnt see Paxxx's response post. I think that's great you have such depth and knowledge of Muslim American attitudes. I have only discussed this with Muslim friends that feel Islamophobia has created a gap between them and the US, and they fear that gap will grow into an divide that will separate them from the rights they cherish as Americans.

I'm not holier than thou. I just wanted to know that Paxxx gets all points of view. And btw, where was your holier than thou comment when Paxxx suggested I hate cops and have never discussed the complexities, fears, and complications of policing the public???

And Paxxx, it's LMAO (laugh my ass off) I would appreciate you not using the new age text talk, but at least get it right.

Thanks, I didnt see Paxxx's response post. I think that's great you have such depth and knowledge of Muslim American attitudes. I have only discussed this with Muslim friends that feel Islamophobia has created a gap between them and the US, and they fear that gap will grow into an divide that will separate them from the rights they cherish as Americans.

I'm not holier than thou. I just wanted to know that Paxxx gets all points of view. And btw, where was your holier than thou comment when Paxxx suggested I hate cops and have never discussed the complexities, fears, and complications of policing the public???

And Paxxx, it's LMAO (laugh my ass off) I would appreciate you not using the new age text talk, but at least get it right.

You're now a wordsmith? You are a supporter of black lives matter which is reflexively anti-police. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that you were also anti-police.

I would also say you didn't got burned quite a bit on the speculation that I have no Muslim friends.

You're now a wordsmith? You are a supporter of black lives matter which is reflexively anti-police. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that you were also anti-police.

I would also say you didn't got burned quite a bit on the speculation that I have no Muslim friends.

Didn't you just yesterday say that you "supported hate speech" for protection? Yet you blast BLM? Why is that?

Didn't you just yesterday say that you "supported hate speech" for protection? Yet you blast BLM? Why is that?
I support free speech....but that doesn't mean I like what some of it is and those that spout some of it. Johnny Depp can say what ever he wants......I still think he is a royal assh*le.

I was asking, it was meant to reflect the crap of your assumption of me never sitting and discussing the job with a member of the police force. But to be honest, yes I am surprised you have Muslim friends. You seem to be hell bent on painting the Islamic faith as a world evil, and not trying to separate extreme fundamentalism from those that practice the faith peacefully and progressively. But that's an assumption based on your daily onslaught of posts that seek to evoke fear of the religion in general.

I guess I'm misreading your intentions. You only seek to eradicate the world of Islamic extremists, not of the Islamic faith in general?

There is a MAJOR difference between saying that BLM has a legitimate voice, and saying I support their actions. I think there are major problems that need to be fixed, and the police force are not without substantial fault.

BLM can say whatever they want, that is their right. Pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon. What do we want dead cops, when we want them, now.

All I am saying, is that their tactics are killing innocent African-Americans across the country.

There is a MAJOR difference between saying that BLM has a legitimate voice, and saying I support their actions. I think there are major problems that need to be fixed, and the police force are not without substantial fault.

There are without question bad cops in this country and they need to be fired. But reflexive Democrat support for black lives matter goes much further than just those bad cops. It Captures good cops in the process. And That is costing lives.

I support free speech....but that doesn't mean I like what some of it is and those that spout some of it. Johnny Depp can say what ever he wants......I still think he is a royal assh*le.
He's got a drinking problem. Used to be pretty talented.

I'm trying to think the movies I've watched with him in them, and can only think of Sleepy Hollow. I've never seen the Pirates movies. He's no Gene Hackman. [thumbsup]

I'm trying to think the movies I've watched with him in them, and can only think of Sleepy Hollow. I've never seen the Pirates movies. He's no Gene Hackman. [thumbsup]
We saw the pirate movies....he was funny. Gene Hackman was great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT