ADVERTISEMENT

I thought General Kelly was a bigger man

Original Mountaineer1

Heisman Winner
Aug 27, 2001
at least he didn't lie for Little Hands. However, why he elected to go after the Congresswoman puzzles me. As a Gold Star father, he would understand as well as anyone why Trump can't lie about calling families of fallen military personnel and just can't mess up those calls up when he does. I am positive Kelly is the consummate military man and only covering for his Commander in Chief...... but at what cost? When does the inner circle just give up and walk away from this idiot?

at least he didn't lie for Little Hands. However, why he elected to go after the Congresswoman puzzles me. As a Gold Star father, he would understand as well as anyone why Trump can't lie about calling families of fallen military personnel and just can't mess up those calls up when he does. I am positive Kelly is the consummate military man and only covering for his Commander in Chief...... but at what cost? When does the inner circle just give up and walk away from this idiot?

So you take the word of this crazy ass Congresswoman over a Decorated General who's a Gold Star parent himself? [laughing]

Reactions: lenny4wvu
He certainly diminished his stature as a straight shooter by attacking this Congresswomen. Why was she listening in? Apparently Mrs. Johnson knew the call was coming, was in a car with the Congresswoman and heard everything on speaker. It ain't hard general. Plus she was a family friend. It may behoove you to get your facts straight before spouting off like your boss does every single day.

Reactions: countryroads89
Kelly never denied the conversation.

He's denied the context of the conversation. The simple FACT of that matter is a crazy Congresswoman who has had a long standing vendetta against Trump used this family and their loss as a means to attempt to slander and attack Trump, and it's backfiring... Bigly....

Watch this video and tell me that Trump has no care or understanding about these families.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/20/g...call-after-husband-was-killed-in-afghanistan/

Or just keep believing this woman.
6a00d83451d3b569e201901e604f15970b-pi

She totally fabricated the context and tone for political purposes. Sorry you can't see that.

So you take the word of this crazy ass Congresswoman over a Decorated General who's a Gold Star parent himself? [laughing]
I think that this whole episode is just embarrassing for everybody involved but General Kelly didn't deny that Trump said what he said. The wife of the fallen soldier backed up what the Congresswoman said. General Kelly actually described where Trump got some of his rhetoric when he said what his mentor told him when he first started making those calls and Trump paraphrased some of it. Trump is far from an eloquent speaker and likely fumbled his way through the phone call with the wife. He's not done it before and probably didn't do a great job but I think he was well intentioned, just ham handed.

Reactions: Airport
Trump is far from an eloquent speaker and likely fumbled his way through the phone call with the wife. He's not done it before and probably didn't do a great job but I think he was well intentioned, just ham handed.

Try the link out above.... a Gold Star wife released a call she had with Trump. Then get back to me.

Look at all of these liberals attacking a Gold Star family.

Attacking? please. I am 100% pro-military and pro-law enforcement. The fact that he is a Gold Star parent makes his comments more puzzling to say the least. He must understand, as both a general and a parent, the magnitude of the call. Really it is inexcusable not get that right. Would you not agree?

I think Trump could have laughed at the lady and her fallen husband and you would have found reason to excuse the behavior.

Why change the subject to another call?

Why make the baseless suggestion that Trump fumbled his way through the call, or had probably not made a call like that before.

Again... you guys are taking the word of a Congresswoman who has had it out for Trump since day 1. That's your choice.... excuse me if I'll remain skeptical of her.

She totally fabricated the context and tone for political purposes. Sorry you can't see that.
She MUST be "related " mad maxine..BOTH ARE EMPTY RATTLING BARRELS ... and who told her she "looks cute"in a cowboy hat. ...probably charlatan shark-ton ,or OVOMIT. ..damn,stupid is as stupid does...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::flushed::scream::scream:[roll]

He's denied the context of the conversation. The simple FACT of that matter is a crazy Congresswoman who has had a long standing vendetta against Trump used this family and their loss as a means to attempt to slander and attack Trump, and it's backfiring... Bigly....

Watch this video and tell me that Trump has no care or understanding about these families.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/20/g...call-after-husband-was-killed-in-afghanistan/

Or just keep believing this woman.
6a00d83451d3b569e201901e604f15970b-pi

He did deny the CONTEXT.... He didn't deny Trump said what the crazy congresswomen said he said. In Trump's un-empathetic way, I am sure he meant well....at least to the best of his ability. He gave a great speech.....just shouldn't have acknowledged the crazy congresswomen in it.

Why make the baseless suggestion that Trump fumbled his way through the call, or had probably not made a call like that before.

Again... you guys are taking the word of a Congresswoman who has had it out for Trump since day 1. That's your choice.... excuse me if I'll remain skeptical of her.
Not only has the Cowboy Bat-Shit Crazy Congresswoman had it out for Trump...she has routinely voted AGAINST resolutions that would benefit veterans and their families.

Attacking? please. I am 100% pro-military and pro-law enforcement. The fact that he is a Gold Star parent makes his comments more puzzling to say the least. He must understand, as both a general and a parent, the magnitude of the call. Really it is inexcusable not get that right. Would you not agree?

I think Trump could have laughed at the lady and her fallen husband and you would have found reason to excuse the behavior.
He could've even grabbed her by the pussy and they wouldn't care.

Not only has the Cowboy Bat-Shit Crazy Congresswoman had it out for Trump...she has routinely voted AGAINST resolutions that would benefit veterans and their families.

And now she's playing the race card.

He did deny the CONTEXT.... He didn't deny Trump said what the crazy congresswomen said he said. In Trump's un-empathetic way, I am sure he meant well....at least to the best of his ability. He gave a great speech.....just shouldn't have acknowledged the crazy congresswomen in it.

But context matters, and that's what was spun into the political mess by Congresswoman Wilson.

It's a sad day that the President, regardless of who he/she is, can't make a phone call in an attempt to pay respects to a fallen soldier, without some asshat making a political football out of it.

He could've even grabbed her by the pussy and they wouldn't care.

Excuse? No. Care? No.

Ya'll set the tone, and continue to set it through today. Where's the MSM on the CI testifying to Judiciary Committee? Hit the road Jack, gotcha politics don't work no mo'.

It's clear from your comments. Don't backpedal now.

Are you familiar with this story at all? read anything about it? Did you hear or read Gen. Kelly's statement from yesterday? To say he "knew what he signed up for" is probably not the greatest thing to say to a grieving widow. The widow and the Congresswoman both say that he said that and Gen. Kelly, who listened in on the conversation did not deny that Trump said that when he offered his defense of Trump yesterday so it's not baseless as you claim. Since you're mincing words, my intent was that Trump has not been making calls like this for a long period of time, he's still new to it and likely did fumble his way through it. Surely he will get better at it. Since the widow backed up the Congresswoman on this are you calling the widow a liar?

Also, please point out what is wrong about what Trump allegedly said?

Are you familiar with this story at all? read anything about it? Did you hear or read Gen. Kelly's statement from yesterday? To say he "knew what he signed up for" is probably not the greatest thing to say to a grieving widow. The widow and the Congresswoman both say that he said that and Gen. Kelly, who listened in on the conversation did not deny that Trump said that when he offered his defense of Trump yesterday so it's not baseless as you claim. Since you're mincing words, my intent was that Trump has not been making calls like this for a long period of time, he's still new to it and likely did fumble his way through it. Surely he will get better at it. Since the widow backed up the Congresswoman on this are you calling the widow a liar?
I've pretty much just written this whole thing off as Trump being generally insensitive and having awkward rhetorical skills. I'm really am not surprised by it and I think it's gotten way overblown.

But the president, he said, insisted that he thought it was the right thing to do.

”He said to me, ‘What do I say?’ I said to him, ‘Sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,’” he said.

He then said a military friend had told him how he handled the calls, and he shared the advice with the president.

The friend, he said, would tell loved ones that the deceased “was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were.”

That phrasing is similar to what Johnson’s family said Trump told them, that the sergeant “knew what he signed up for.”

I'm not calling the widow a liar. She's probably an emotional mess having lost a loved one. I am calling Congresswoman Wilson an opportunistic pig who took things out of context to further her agenda.

I've pretty much just written this whole thing off as Trump being generally insensitive and having awkward rhetorical skills. I'm really am not surprised by it and I think it's gotten way overblown.

Trump is no doubt an ass at times and thoughtless in what he does and says, but to I don't believe for a second he intended to be disrespectful to this family and genuinely wanted to pay his respects. There's no doubt this story got way overblown, but lately almost everything Trump does or says gets overblown.

Reactions: rog1187
But the president, he said, insisted that he thought it was the right thing to do.

”He said to me, ‘What do I say?’ I said to him, ‘Sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,’” he said.

He then said a military friend had told him how he handled the calls, and he shared the advice with the president.

The friend, he said, would tell loved ones that the deceased “was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were.”

That phrasing is similar to what Johnson’s family said Trump told them, that the sergeant “knew what he signed up for.”

I'm not calling the widow a liar. She's probably an emotional mess having lost a loved one. I am calling Congresswoman Wilson an opportunistic pig who took things out of context to further her agenda.

Trump is no doubt an ass at times and thoughtless in what he does and says, but to I don't believe for a second he intended to be disrespectful to this family and genuinely wanted to pay his respects. There's no doubt this story got way overblown, but lately almost everything Trump does or says gets overblown.

This. The scary part is how low information voters such as OrginalMountaineer latch on to it

The congresswoman is such a minor point in the topic but of course, the wingnuts are following the playbook. Deflect by making a personal attack so people can get distracted from the true topic. Happens everytime.

Reactions: RichardPeterJohnson

I said above that he paraphrased what Kelly told him to say and that I believe that Trump was well intentioned.

The congresswoman is such a minor point in the topic but of course, the wingnuts are following the playbook. Deflect by making a personal attack so people can get distracted from the true topic. Happens everytime.
LOL she’s the one that politicized the whole thing and dumbfvcks like you bought hook, line, and sinker. You should just quit posting for the day.

You are an incredibly dense and obtuse little man.

Here are the facts for the wingnuts that are just kneejerking without knowing. Nothing new there.

Monday reporter asked Trump about why the silence on the Niger attack. Trump being Trump thinking everything is about him answered in a very stupid way lying about how other presidents contact families of fallen soldiers compared to him. That wasn't even the question but he created a controversy where there wasn't one.

Tuesday he invokes Gen Kelly into the conversation to protect his ass. Again, a terrible act. I think Tuesday afternoon, he calls some of the families that died in the Niger attack. He has good intentions but misspoke. Family got upset and the congresswoman who is a friend of the family was in the car when the call came in and heard it. She was obviously upset that the family was distraught and unfortunately Trump made it worse. She speaks out and there is some politicizing to it.

Wednesday. Instead of saying he misspoke with good intentions and make a sincere comment when asked about it, Trump again lies and further politicizes it. He should never. This is sacred with Gold Star families. Be a big man and just say I am sorry for the pain. But he continues to stoke the fire making it an even bigger story.

Thursday. The congress woman again makes a rebuttal of the lies Trump has told. It is now a media storm. Trump send Kelly out to save face. Kelly gives a speech that in the first half was outstanding and then he starts defending Trump while not supporting the lie that Trump didn't say the words. At that point, Kelly could have just said something like the WH is just terribly sorry for the family's loss. But instead, he politicizes it by making personal attacks on the congresswoman. THE STORY ISN'T ABOUT HER!! It is about a fallen soldier and conforting the family.

Friday the right wing under the cover of Kelly is doing all kind of spinning and it is full on divisive political war. Gold star families deserve better and it should start with the leaders.

Here are the facts for the wingnuts that are just kneejerking without knowing. Nothing new there.

Monday reporter asked Trump about why the silence on the Niger attack. Trump being Trump thinking everything is about him answered in a very stupid way lying about how other presidents contact families of fallen soldiers compared to him. That wasn't even the question but he created a controversy where there wasn't one.

Tuesday he invokes Gen Kelly into the conversation to protect his ass. Again, a terrible act. I think Tuesday afternoon, he calls some of the families that died in the Niger attack. He has good intentions but misspoke. Family got upset and the congresswoman who is a friend of the family was in the car when the call came in and heard it. She was obviously upset that the family was distraught and unfortunately Trump made it worse. She speaks out and there is some politicizing to it.

Wednesday. Instead of saying he misspoke with good intentions and make a sincere comment when asked about it, Trump again lies and further politicizes it. He should never. This is sacred with Gold Star families. Be a big man and just say I am sorry for the pain. But he continues to stoke the fire making it an even bigger story.

Thursday. The congress woman again makes a rebuttal of the lies Trump has told. It is now a media storm. Trump send Kelly out to save face. Kelly gives a speech that in the first half was outstanding and then he starts defending Trump while not supporting the lie that Trump didn't say the words. At that point, Kelly could have just said something like the WH is just terribly sorry for the family's loss. But instead, he politicizes it by making personal attacks on the congresswoman. THE STORY ISN'T ABOUT HER!! It is about a fallen soldier and conforting the family.

Friday the right wing under the cover of Kelly is doing all kind of spinning and it is full on divisive political war. Gold star families deserve better and it should start with the leaders.

Obsess much? Who cares. Get off my lawn already!

Here's a summary for you
  1. Libtard crazy-bitch congresswoman politicizes the death of a serviceman
  2. General Kelly breaks one off in her ass
  3. dumbazzes like you cry

The Congresswoman IS the point. A respectful Congress person would have simply called the WH after the call, informed the President that his words were misconstrued and that he may want to call the family back to apologize and re-frame his words and his intentions.

No... instead, she ran out to the talk show circuit. She started the politicization of it all, in order to get her name in front of the camera and damage Trump.

Reactions: rog1187
The Congresswoman IS the point. A respectful Congress person would have simply called the WH after the call, informed the President that his words were misconstrued and that he may want to call the family back to apologize and re-frame his words and his intentions.

No... instead, she ran out to the talk show circuit. She started the politicization of it all, in order to get her name in front of the camera and damage Trump.
I agree with your first paragraph. But she didn't start it. But it doesn't matter. We aren't children. Furthermore, the point is the President and the WH has to have thicker skin and lead with behavior. That is one of the many points you and others are missing.

I agree with your first paragraph. But she didn't start it. But it doesn't matter. We aren't children. Furthermore, the point is the President and the WH has to have thicker skin and lead with behavior. That is one of the many points you and others are missing.
What a hypocrite

ADVERTISEMENT