ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Doctrine Dan said Marshall was back

old buzzard

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2005
Maryland 104 - Marshall 67

His analytics don't mean much when his boys face a team of men. Some things never change.

Maryland 104 - Marshall 67

His analytics don't mean much when his boys face a team of men. Some things never change.

Marshall couldn’t drop a rock in the ocean and was killed in transition. That’s the problem with this offense, if shooting is cold it’s a long day. But when it’s hot they’re fun to watch.

Marshall couldn’t drop a rock in the ocean and was killed in transition. That’s the problem with this offense, if shooting is cold it’s a long day. But when it’s hot they’re fun to watch.

Live by the three.................and die by the three. Just like last year they pop up a quick three, let the other team grab an uncontested rebound and take it up the floor for an easy score.

Just more proof Marshall can't play big boy basketball or football.

The MEC is tougher than C-USA.

wanted to watch it...couldn't get it here.....don't have the comedy network[banana]

Marshall at least has the CUSA teams to shine themselves up and look pretty for the dance. Only to fail.

Marshall should have stayed in the MAC where their is better competition.

Marshall at least has the CUSA teams to shine themselves up and look pretty for the dance. Only to fail.

Marshall should have stayed in the MAC where their is better competition.
Anything would be better than C-USA.

Worst G5 conference there is...even the Sun Belt is better.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Ohio U nearly doubled up on MU's rebounding total. 49-29. And the Bobcats coasted to an easy win. 101-84. This seems to be a recurring theme with Doctrine Dan and his analytics. Just throw up a three and watch the other team grab the rebound and score.

Last edited:
In all fairness, WVU lived and died by the three, but John Bielin was a far better coach during his stay in Morgantown. He used the 1-3-1 to keep it close when the shots weren't falling.

Ohio U nearly doubled up on MU's rebounding total. 49-29. And the Bobcats coasted to an easy win. 101-84. This seems to be a recurring theme with Doctrine Dan and his analytics. Just throw up a three and watch the other team grab the rebound and score.
MU is fun to watch as we run to the corners and jack up three's but if we can't hit....we can't win or even be competitive in a game! " Hillbilly Ball" is no doubt entertaining but it serious?

You can't stop the Battling Bobcats; you can only hope to contain them! I attended hundreds--yes, hundreds--of Ohio University's games at the Convocation Center between the 1970's and 1986 (and some after 1986), and you want no part of the Bobcats in that arena! Ask WVU, which got thumped there the last time that the Fold & Blew visited...and in Charleston at the hands of the Bobcats during the asbestos abatement in Morganhole.

P.S. My father still remembers when tHuggs played for the Bobcats during tHuggs' freshman year, but I'm not old enough to remember.

You can't stop the Battling Bobcats; you can only hope to contain them! I attended hundreds--yes, hundreds--of Ohio University's games at the Convocation Center between the 1970's and 1986 (and some after 1986), and you want no part of the Bobcats in that arena! Ask WVU, which got thumped there the last time that the Fold & Blew visited...and in Charleston at the hands of the Bobcats during the asbestos abatement in Morganhole.

P.S. My father still remembers when tHuggs played for the Bobcats during tHuggs' freshman year, but I'm not old enough to remember.
The MU-OU hoop series has always been somewhat dominated by the home team it seems. Athens is a cool place but I like Oxford a little more by MAC venue standards..but both nice.

Blasphemy!!! Oxford, and all of the preppies who attend school there, can't hold a candle to Harvard on the Hocking!

As a freshman, I had a college roommate (basketball player, who later transferred to get playing time), who somehow ended up bringing home two co-eds dressed up as French maids one late Halloween night (morning)...imagine my (pleasant) surprise when I woke up to two French maids in my dorm room...

As a freshman, I had a college roommate (basketball player, who later transferred to get playing time), who somehow ended up bringing home two co-eds dressed up as French maids one late Halloween night (morning)...imagine my (pleasant) surprise when I woke up to two French maids in my dorm room...
and not a freaking idea in the world what to do with them[banana][roll][banana]:frown:

I hear they have toned down the Halloween festivities.

I have no idea, as I haven't been in Athens for many years. Unfortunately, I did not partake in the Halloween festivities, due to familial concerns, and I'll leave it at that.

I hear they have toned down the Halloween festivities.
I was at the marshla ou game when Russell Lee was a junior or senior...game was in athens but almost as many herd fans as ou fans...this was after the herd had gotten the boot from the MAC....things got a little chippy that night

What year, Snow Sled? I saw Ohio smoke WVU in Charleston during the asbestos abatement season, and in Athens the following season. It's no wonder that WVU hasn't scheduled the Bobcats since then.

Yet again toeshit worried about WVU and what happens.

Duquesne 93 Marshall 82

The Dukes must not have "herd" Doctrine Dan when he said Marshall was back.

Reactions: mtn1neer
What year, Snow Sled? I saw Ohio smoke WVU in Charleston during the asbestos abatement season, and in Athens the following season. It's no wonder that WVU hasn't scheduled the Bobcats since then.
Like the Buckeyes....their worse home loss BB game in history.....WVU

Reactions: mtn1neer
Their skinny center last season went pro overseas. They don't have anyone to protect the rim on drives and grab rebounds. The rest of them are some of the slowest humans to ever play the sport.

Like the Buckeyes....their worse home loss BB game in history.....WVU
Yet another delusional Old Fold & Blew homer fan who crawls out of the woodwork to post a lie on this message board. Like rats and cockroaches, there is an endless supply of delusional Old Fold & Blew homer fans.

Another case of men vs boys and the men won. UVA 100 Marshall 64. Once again the Herd almost got doubled up in rebounds 41-21. If Bennett hadn't cleared the bench and gave the team manager some playing time it could have been much more embarrassing for Doctrine Dan............and he told us Marshall was back.

Another case of men vs boys and the men won. UVA 100 Marshall 64. Once again the Herd almost got doubled up in rebounds 41-21. If Bennett hadn't cleared the bench and gave the team manager some playing time it could have been much more embarrassing for Doctrine Dan............and he told us Marshall was back.
Wait...you mean moo gave us another example that they can't play with P5 teams?

Say it aint so.

Wait...you mean moo gave us another example that they can't play with P5 teams?

Say it aint so.

It's obvious that Doctrine Dans team is not ready for prime time. They need to get back to scheduling WV Wesleyan and Concord in the regular season like they were doing a year or two ago.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
You know what is funny about this site....moo fans never get on here and pound their chests over their accomplishments (there are so few)...but they get massive boners about what WVU does and doesn't do.

I have never seen a more 'little brother' syndrome than the moo fans on here.

WVU isn't ready for prime time, either, unless a CBI tournament game is scheduled for 8:00 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT