ADVERTISEMENT

I think its time for WVU, Penn State, Notre Dame

to grab Rutgers, Maryland, Central Florida, South Florida, Cincy and start a new conference. WVU needs to be playing more East coast teams.. I guess we can debate the other teams to join.
You honestly believe"
1) ND and/or PSU would be interested in starting a new conference or (in the case of ND) actually being part of one?
2)Rutgers, Maryland, South Florida, Cincy, and Central Florida actually would form a conference the could be called a P5?
Rutgers has been 'turning the corner' for decades and has yet to move even slightly away fro free fall
Maryland is a dumpster fire after all their mess this year. They have been in a severe downward spiral for years
3)Central Florida has had good records for the past couple years. Little history of real accomplishment, plus their competition is well below questionable
4) To Cincy and South Florida I, simply, say--HO HUM.
Far better to stay where we are and bitch about the travel involved while playing teams that have had or do have a reputation for fielding decent teams against stellar National competition.
And to think, with our participation in this current conference we still see folks who want to fire everyone in sight for finishing 3rd and being good enough to have won.

to grab Rutgers, Maryland, Central Florida, South Florida, Cincy and start a new conference. WVU needs to be playing more East coast teams.. I guess we can debate the other teams to join.
I'd rather place a sharp stick in my eye. After years of watching Penn State bully us...only to join the Big East and have Miami and later Notre Dame bully us, I have no desire to reunite with those pricks.

Furthermore, all of the Eastern schools insult us, and make us the butt of their jokes. They tell the world that we are nasty to their fans, etc. All we have heard from Big 12 schools is appreciation and respect. Their fans come here, spend their money locally, love the experience and tell the world.

I’ve wanted a northeast conference for so long. It makes sense. Get schools back where they belong with geographic sense. Bring back a better Big East. 10 for football and 14 for basketball. Huge $$$$$$$$$ conference with strength and success.

1 Virginia
2 VT Hokies
3 WVU
4 Maryland
5 Pitt
6 Penn State
7 Rutgers
8 Syracuse
9 UCONN
10 Boston College

Add 4 catholic basketball schools for basketball only. 14 team hoop conference.

11 Georgetown
12 Villanova
13 St. John’s
14 Providence

I'd rather place a sharp stick in my eye. After years of watching Penn State bully us...only to join the Big East and have Miami and later Notre Dame bully us, I have no desire to reunite with those pricks.

Furthermore, all of the Eastern schools insult us, and make us the butt of their jokes. They tell the world that we are nasty to their fans, etc. All we have heard from Big 12 schools is appreciation and respect. Their fans come here, spend their money locally, love the experience and tell the world.

Having lived in the state named after the ass of a guy named Tex, having them like you reminds me of the phrase "damning with faint praise".

And I wasn't in Texas by choice, I was ordered (to proceed to Ft Hood Texas...etc etc etc)

Ah, the legacy of Eddie Pasthisprime rears its ugly head again. He stood dockside in 2003 as he watches VPLies, Cryami, and the Boston Backstabbers sail off to the ACC. When sPitt and Suckacuse pulled the same trick in 2012, Ollie found the only lifeboat that would take us.

Well this thread got a lot more juice than I thought it would

You're a dumbass. Things that come from folks such as yourself tend to create some movement rather than well thought out, realistic views/scenarios/hopes for this program. Vernon keeps you around because of website traffic.

What Venom??? How did I talk poorly of WVU football???? The State of WV???? And how did I attack anyone???? You sir need to re evaluate you post

TYVM. Just wanted to point out a couple of things That is a PSU rag and of course they're trying to make JoePa look like some kind of saint.A couple of things they left out were that he wanted an all sports conference where we shared profits in all sports EXCEPT FB,On top of that he wanted 2 for 1s from everyone in FB.Of course SU and everyone else on that list turned him down.Name one conference that ever existed where a program got 2 for 1s from the rest of the conference AND got to keep all of the money.

I was there. THIS is the TRUTH.

Reactions: ClkwrkOrange

That ship has sailed.

PSU and ND are not going anywhere. They would take a pay cut.

This is what 2025 will look like, with 64 power 4 teams:

1. Oklahoma and Texas will be in the B1G
2. WVU and Notre Dame will be in the ACC
3. The Pac-12 will include BYU, Kansas, Kansas State and either Iowa State or Baylor.
4. The SEC will include Texas Tech and TCU

The Big 8, Big 12, Big 12(10) will be written into the history books.

This is what 2025 will look like, with 64 power 4 teams:

1. Oklahoma and Texas will be in the B1G
2. WVU and Notre Dame will be in the ACC
3. The Pac-12 will include BYU, Kansas, Kansas State and either Iowa State or Baylor.
4. The SEC will include Texas Tech and TCU

The Big 8, Big 12, Big 12(10) will be written into the history books.

Think you should leave the conference predictions to others...

A lot will be determined in the next few years.
1) ACC network
2) Issues in the Pac 12

Both will be determined before the Big XII's GOR end.
If both conferences can fix their issues then it will fall to what Texas does.

As of right now there are other pieces in play before Texas and the Big XII

Reading some of this and still shaking my head.
It is well known that Pitt fans don't hold a high regard for a WV education, but we do easily admit that you are smarter than than the cult inhabiting Happy Valley.

Don't fall for cultists revisionist history BS!

51-6 H2PSU

Oh....another fantasy conference thread...I want to play.

I want WVU to be in a conference with Oregon and USC from the Pac 12.
LSU, Alabama, Georgia from the SEC.
Clemson and Florida State from the ACC
Michigan from the Big 10
Keep Texas and Oklahoma.
And add spitt so everyone will have at least one win.

What actually amuses me is people think teams would leave an established conference and all that money to start a new conference....lol.

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
Oh....another fantasy conference thread...I want to play.

I want WVU to be in a conference with Oregon and USC from the Pac 12.
LSU, Alabama, Georgia from the SEC.
Clemson and Florida State from the ACC
Michigan from the Big 10
Keep Texas and Oklahoma.
And add spitt so everyone will have at least one win.

What actually amuses me is people think teams would leave an established conference and all that money to start a new conference....lol.

These are Pitt fans who are facing the gun of reality.

I put the ACC network success rate at 25%.
Meaning that there will be a 75% chance the network flops and ESPN attempts to shuffle some things around.

Ultimately this will cause Pitt to be left without a life raft.
The B1G doesn't want them
The ACC is up in the air
Big XII has Pittsburgh with WV
SEC is not interested.

So they have this idea of a Eastern Conference .

They should have listened to Penn St and Joe Paterno.

I heard that Pitt voted no as well was back in the Marino & Dorset days and did not want to share its bowl money....
They wanted psu in a football conference that would have involved revenue sharing.
Joe wanted an all sports conference that would involve revenue sharing with basketball Syracuse and some others didn’t want that .
So when the time was right PSU jumped to the big ten. And overall most folk are pretty happy with the big ten aside from some message board cranks.

WVU, Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, UCONN, VT, UVA should be a 10 team eastern conference called The Big East. Add Villanova, St. John’s, Georgetown, Providence for hoops only. Bring back a better Big East.

Think you should leave the conference predictions to others...

A lot will be determined in the next few years.
1) ACC network
2) Issues in the Pac 12

Both will be determined before the Big XII's GOR end.
If both conferences can fix their issues then it will fall to what Texas does.

As of right now there are other pieces in play before Texas and the Big XII
The ACC Network doesn't mean anything, nor does the Big XII GOR. The Pac-12 will be the catalyst for movement.

It's fair to say this is a message board, and yes, we should all leave this to someone else. It won't stop anyone from predicting. Deal with it.

I've heard at least dozens and dozens of people say they want to bring back a better Big East in football. They are thriving as a basketball conference right now, so you never know what could be in the future of that conference. The fan support would be there. I know very few people who like these mega-conferences and the poaching that has come with them. I dont know what will happen if anything, but I think there are a lot of fans around the country who aren't happy with the conference lineup the way it is now. The 4 big power conferences that people are talking about is just boring and lame imo.

The ACC Network doesn't mean anything, nor does the Big XII GOR. The Pac-12 will be the catalyst for movement.

It's fair to say this is a message board, and yes, we should all leave this to someone else. It won't stop anyone from predicting. Deal with it.

At least understand what is going on....

You have BYU going to the PAC 12.
This is a non starter. Will never happen unless BYU will agree to play on Sundays. Something they always say no to.

Truthfully this ultimately screwed Pitt.
Don't you think..

Pitt has been dogshit since they told Penn St no.
I think you can say Pitt as a fanbase and as a university has a very different view of reality than the world.

Pitt thought Paterno was supposed to look out for PItt.

Penn St wants to put that final nail in the coffin.
They definitely would not lose a night's sleep if the ACC collapses.

Money is a powerful drug.

BYU has the Church of Latter Day Saints behind them.
They will not go against their morals for a paycheck because ultimately they have a church that is pretty much a holding company for assets in numerous Western States and Pacific Islands.

Last edited:
PAC 12 ultimately is similar to the B1G in a way with academics
B1G didn't want ND.
ND claims religious bigotry.
With BYU it is the same.

BYU actually attempted to pull the state funding from Utah.
PAC 12 schools refused to schedule BYU
BYU dropped the nonsense so PAC 12 schools play them again.

But... ultimately it is the issue Baylor had.

Both Baylor and BYU teach fringe theories as absolute truth in biological sciences

I don't claim to be a whiz kid -when it comes to geography- but aren't Cincy and ND more central U.S. than East Coast?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT