ADVERTISEMENT

I think I’ve personally seen enough. Let Brown finish the year and make a change

ThePunish-EER

All-American
Aug 19, 2005
Going for it on 4th down when it was only 24-28 in the 3Q was ignorant. Kick the field goal and cut the lead 27-28. Brown lost this game. I still respect him. He’s a great guy. He just doesn’t have it. At least not here.

Last edited:
Going for it on 4th down when it was only 24-28 in the 3Q was ignorant. Brown lost this game. I still respect him. He’s a great guy. He just doesn’t have it. At least not here.
If you were him, knowing you are sitting on a $16+ million golden parachute, you’d not care either.

Reactions: pressvirginia
I think he does care. A lot actually. I have no doubt he’s trying his best.
I don't doubt his effort I doubt his methodologies. This isn't the right system for wvu. If we can't afford the buyout make him bring in a new D coordinator and a new O coordinator scrap the air raid. To many stupid play calls and we saw for 8 years that it hardly gets results.

I don't doubt his effort I doubt his methodologies. This isn't the right system for wvu. If we can't afford the buyout make him bring in a new D coordinator and a new O coordinator scrap the air raid. To many stupid play calls and we saw for 8 years that it hardly gets results.
I agree. The air raid doesn’t keep your defense off the field. Time of possession is very important.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Whenever you've made the decision that you've seen enough, you also need to make the change right then. There is no point waiting.

Otherwise agree with you. Doubt Neal is lazy like Drunk, but Brown's best just isn't good enough. No hard feelings, we gave him a shot and it simply hasn't worked. More importantly, it's obvious that he's not going to work out here in the future either. Time to cut ties for both our and his sake, so we can start finding our next coach.

don't know about the full game but we dominated time of possession in the first half (like 20 minutes 10) and were down at half ...

Going for it on 4th down when it was only 24-28 in the 3Q was ignorant. Kick the field goal and cut the lead 27-28. Brown lost this game. I still respect him. He’s a great guy. He just doesn’t have it. At least not here.
Also, the onside kick with 4+ minutes and 3 timeouts. Sorry, but it was bad.

Reactions: pressvirginia
Also, the onside kick with 4+ minutes and 3 timeouts. Sorry, but it was bad.
How about 2 1/2 minutes left in the 4Q down by 3 points and 4th and 13 and we punted? The one time you have to go for it on 4th down and you don’t?

How about 2 1/2 minutes left in the 4Q down by 3 points and 4th and 13 and we punted? The one time you have to go for it on 4th down and you don’t?
Meh, we didn't go for it when it was 4th and 1 at sPitt...this shouldn't have come as a surprise. Dude doesn't play to win

I agree. The air raid doesn’t keep your defense off the field. Time of possession is very important.
Not only that just look at all the working parts it Requires. You always have to have a QB that can make all the Throws we rarely get that. You need a Good Oline and one that has depth we rarely get that. You need a reliable receiving core that rarely drops the ball. We rarely get that. When it comes to receivers how often do we get guys that can make yards after the catch. I look at what K state and Kansas is doing. They work within the confines of the talent they get. Just like we did 15 years ago. The offense they run which we did 15 years ago allows you to control tempo. You can play at different speeds. There is more deception and misdirection in it. It also wears down a defense more easily. If K state and Kansas can have success with it then we can because we get more talent then those programs do. Its time to get back to what works and we saw it worked in the past.

Whenever you've made the decision that you've seen enough, you also need to make the change right then. There is no point waiting.

Otherwise agree with you. Doubt Neal is lazy like Drunk, but Brown's best just isn't good enough. No hard feelings, we gave him a shot and it simply hasn't worked. More importantly, it's obvious that he's not going to work out here in the future either. Time to cut ties for both our and his sake, so we can start finding our next coach.
We need to get back to the concepts that made us successful 15 years ago. The pocket passing offenses just don't produce the results we want. Need to get someone like K State and Kansas have.

We need to get back to the concepts that made us successful 15 years ago. The pocket passing offenses just don't produce the results we want. Need to get someone like K State and Kansas have.
Those concepts are outdated

I totally agree with everything you said here, except I have lost respect for him because I think he's a clueless fool who is driving WVU football into the dirt. Fk Neal Brown.

Get a defense.
Nothing but a cop out answer. Wvu rarely has teams that have good offenses and Good Defense at the same time. The concepts that wvu used in the past are coming back in style. Things cycle around K state Kansas, Tennessee's have used them to elevate their programs. You want know what's out of style its the crap we are running on offense. I shouldn't say its out of style it never worked for anyone. Once again tell me what do you want to see us run on offense?

Nothing but a cop out answer. Wvu rarely has teams that have good offenses and Good Defense at the same time. The concepts that wvu used in the past are coming back in style. Things cycle around K state Kansas, Tennessee's have used them to elevate their programs. You want know what's out of style its the crap we are running on offense. I shouldn't say its out of style it never worked for anyone. Once again tell me what do you want to see us run on offense?
Cop out? That answer should tell you. Our offense is just fine. We don’t need none of that RPO crap, we don’t have a Pat White type waiting to play QB.

Cop out? That answer should tell you. Our offense is just fine. We don’t need none of that RPO crap, we don’t have a Pat White type waiting to play QB.
The Air Raid is terrible. This offense has never won anything for us or the other teams that have used it. The RPO works better for teams like wvu. Its easier to get an elite runner than it is an elite passer. Your rarely going to have a team at wvu that has a good offense and good defense at the same time.

Last edited:
You guys think you have problems. Come down to Huntington and try to sit through a Herd game. You would think an offense could manage to score more than one TD in a game.

Doesn't even have to be a run first type QB. Just needs to be able to run and bring that threat so they can't load the box. WVU has 2 WB's that can run and 1 that can run if he has to. Plus a starter that has concrete legs.

Neal has an issue of playing seniority before talent.

don't know about the full game but we dominated time of possession in the first half (like 20 minutes 10) and were down at half .
Exactly. Time of possession really doesn't matter when the opponents offense only has to connect on 1 deep ball to wide open- and I mean WIDE open- receivers. No need to grind it out when you can just bomb our secondary.

ADVERTISEMENT