ADVERTISEMENT

I still am and always will be proud to be…

manzeer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2001
a Mountaineer. Tonight you saw the true spirit of West Virginia on the field. We didn’t come out on top I realize that but the fight we showed is gonna pay off down the road when adversity strikes again. I had made a post when we lost to Syracuse in the NCAA tournament this past year where I was able to witness the reactions of some of the basketball players when the buzzer sounded. Many were emotional and devastated and it made me proud to see that they cared. At the end of this game the camera cut to Leddie who had tears in his eyes. Bryce Ford Wheaton was hanging his head but a teammate came over and pushed his head up. Semedo had to be lifted up off the field. These guys, they care. These players have nothing to be ashamed about, they played their hearts out and that is all a Mountaineer fan can ask for. It isn’t easy seeing our team struggle but being able to put on the gold and blue is a treat. The fight you saw on the field embodies the fight of West Virginians. Sometimes the game can knock you down and you can choose how to respond. You can stay on the ground or choose to get up and keep going. I fully expect this team to keep fighting and push forward. Anyone can be beat this year we saw it this weekend and we saw it with our players tonight. This will only fuel the desire to go back to Oklahoma and finish what we started. I saw in the players’ eyes that they cared and that made all the difference. Nothing to be ashamed about when you put your heart out there. Let’s keep cheering these guys on wherever and whenever we can because they need us just as we need them. At the end of the day these guys are trying to build up to something special; a win, a conference championship, a career, or a national championship. There has and never will be a perfect season, career, player or coach. What makes a player or coach great is how they respond when the odds seem to great or they get pushed down. Neal and the team could easily let this game dictate the rest of their season but I sense this isn’t how the chapter ends. Let’s Go Mountaineers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News