ADVERTISEMENT

I stand by my December 1 post. Numbers support me today.

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Revisiting my December 1 post:

#1 Baylor is unbeaten at 15-0.

#5 Southern Cal is unbeaten at 13-0 and in a pansy conference.

They are the only unbeaten teams after about 15 games, half the season!

As I posted December 1 this will be a fantastic March Madness because there’s NO team that anyone would take to bet against the rest of the field!

Even Baylor, Gonzaga, UCLA in the pansy conference, Auburn might not be in the Final Four.

If Huggins Heroes can get everyone to play as efficiently as Gabe, who makes our defense so much better with his steals, blocks, double-teaming, rebounding, we’ll be OK.

So Gabe doesn’t score much. He sure prevents the other guys from scoring a lot. That’s as effective as Taz’s #1 scoring in the Big 12. You need both Taz, McNeil and Gabe to be in high gear in March Madness to make an impressive run toward the Holy Grail!

Dec 1, 2021

Add bookmark

So far the only Top 10 teams losing to unranked teams are #1 Duke, to Ohio State, and #8 Kansas, losing to Dayton.

5 of the Top 10 teams have lost to other Top 10 teams.

#1 (for now) Duke is 7-1 after losing to unranked 2-loss Ohio State which lost to Cincinnati Xavier and Florida.

#2 Purdue is 7-0 but hasn’t beaten any Top 10 teams.

#3 GODzaga is 6-1, losing to Duke.

#4 Baylor is 7-0 but hasn’t beaten any Top 10 teams.

#5 UCLA is 6-1, losing to Gonzaga.

#6 Villanova is 4-2, losing to UCLA and Purdue.

#7 Texas is 4-1, losing to Gonzaga.

#8 Kansas is 5-1, losing to unranked Dayton.

#9 Kentucky is 5-1, losing to Duke.

#10 Arkansas is 6-0 but hasn’t beaten any Top 10 teams.

#11Arizona is 6-0 but hasn’t beaten any Top 10 team.

#12 BYU is 6-0 but hasn’t beaten any Top 10 team.

And we haven’t gotten into the tough conference schedules yet!

March Madness will be fantastic as usual. 68 teams. Except for play-in teams, 6 straight W’s bring a national title.

What time do the Mountaineers play tomorrow? I meant to check the Sunday paper, but dagumit, wouldn't ya know it, the ole lady threw it away!

CFE missed game as he fell asleep by 8 PM

GOOD SHOT. MADE ME LAUGH. HELL, I COULDN'T GO TO SLEEP TILL 3 A.M. BECAUSE I KEPT REPLAYING THE FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE IN MY 89-YEAR-OLD BRAIN! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IF MY ALMA MATER CAN UPSET KANSAS AND BAYLOR BACK-TO-BACK! WOULDN'T THAT BE AWESOME! MIGHT EVEN GET WVU INTO THE TOP 25.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT