ADVERTISEMENT

I said I was ALL IN this year......

HSVMountie

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2006
Huntsville, AL
...and I remain so. That doesn't mean that I didn't have my "moment of doubt and pain" yesterday. Our plan, yesterday, was to leave after the game and get part way home. (We are travelling the next four weekends and have some things to do). I "knew" the game delay was going to be lengthy, so we bolted and made it home last night. I listened to the remaining part of the game once it returned. We were almost to Huntington when it was over.
As I always do, I was thinking about not coming next week because I left pissed. However, being a Mountaineer fan must be what is wired into the female human genetics....... at some point they forget the pain of childbirth and welcome the next opportunity......That's me....Once I woke up this morning I am ready to roar. We are a much, much better team than we showed yesterday and even the most cynical of us can't deny that. For some reason, the excitement peaked after the McAfee event Friday. During the man trip, our kids didn't seem to be fired up.
Anyway, I was blessed to meet @LouisianaEer and @Prospecteer and hung out with @WVRON and enjoyed his hellacious breakfast burritos. My friend's daughter hosted us Friday night and her fiance is an orthopedic resident at WVU and he provided a free diagnosis for me and my old fart body. On the way home, I avoided all WVU sports and listened to my favorite author's (James Lee Burke) latest book.... Other than the loss, I had a good ride.
Like the late Jimmy Buffet wrote and sang "If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roaring Friday night." Unless CFB has an epiphany, we may not have many more years left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.