ADVERTISEMENT

I said before the season started

Tom Herman...and his super recruits...

15-9

Hilarious. A guy who will leave if Ohio State needs a HC. Urban is under mental breakdown watch.

Matt Campbell will battle him for that HC position at Ohio State.

Matt 17-18

Who is the best WV guy in the coaching ranks that is HC material possibly? Maybe even a WVU guy that played for WVU and is from WV. WVU guys and state natives only? That’s what I prefer.

Let me guess. You want to hire, Kellie Thomas HC at Hannan High.

Tom Herman...and his super recruits...

15-9

Hilarious. A guy who will leave if Ohio State needs a HC. Urban is under mental breakdown watch.

Matt Campbell will battle him for that HC position at Ohio State.

Matt 17-18

Herman has a Masters Degree from the University of Texas.
He pretty much openly campaigned for the job for two years.

Even Zach Smith tried to get on Herman's staff when Herman got the job at Texas.
Texas has text messages of two Ohio St assistants who attempted to get on Herman's staff.

Ohio St is a good job. One of the best outside of the South but at the end of the day you have to chase players outside of Ohio if you are going to win in Columbus.

He doesn’t have to take it. If he doesn’t have a better option (the only reason he would stay) then we control the narrative.

If our AD doesnt fire him, he will be forced to negotiate and his current contract will be the baseline.

If DH ends the season well, say a Top 25 finish and Heisman Finalist, he will have bargaining power.

There is no narrative. Just leverage.

I think his current contract goes to 2021, they usually extended early....so this off season or next.

You always hold out for a low market. We will be at best a 7 win team next year. Our AD would voluntarily be paying 25% more that he would next year.

If Dana is impatient then he can jet.

You always hold out for a low market. We will be at best a 7 win team next year. Our AD would voluntarily be paying 25% more that he would next year.

If Dana is impatient then he can jet.

Coaches get paid for their best years.

Seriously, why would anybody hire the guy?

What has he ever won?

The highlights for his resume is he coached underachieving teams, oversaw annual late-season collapses, puts together teams with defenses that play two-hand touch football. ... and has never put together a team that has won anything. You should be able to find coaches like Mr. Mediocre at the local Wal-Mart instead of having to open the checkbook to get one.
I wonder how much Dana would get for that house..??

and at least 2 times since. One way or another that he would be riding to a better payday after a great season or he would get canned.

I think even if we lose to OK, someone will write him a big check. His son is going to college next year and his buyout drops precipitously starting after this season. I don’t think that’s accidental.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to come up with that conclusion.

That has been true of EVERY WVU coach in modern history.

They win, they leave. Bowden, Carlen, Rodriguez. They lose, they coach Indiana University in Pennsylvania.

And don't bring up Nehlen, who stayed 21 seasons and did a great job with the program. He was ready to go to Ohio State when the deal fell through. And I wouldn't have blamed Don if he switched to Columbus.

Dana has WVU on the cusp of playing for the Big 12 title game. I think that's a tremendous achievement.

And if you say it's because he got Grier, Sills, David Long, I say: Who got them to come to WVU? Dana, even if an assistant chatted them up. They came to WVU because they wanted to be in the Dana/Gibby system.

You can't assign blame while not giving credit. The head coach is the CEO. Dana deserves 8 cheers and 2 boos so far this season. If he gets 3 more cheers it will be one of the greatest WVU seasons ever. What's to be unhappy about?

And I got to witness it from above ground. That's a bonus, too.

I'll be in Section 105 on Friday night hoping I get to sing "Country Roads" after the victory.

Vegas has Oklahoma by 1.5 points. That sounds like a tossup game to me. And the point total is about 85. That sounds like a thrill-a-minute classic to me.

Let's just enjoy it and not fuss like a newborn with its diaper full of poop. There's been far more fun than poop in this WVU season.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34

A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22

I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E rectile dysfunctioned Texas on 2-point PAT, 42-41

E viscerated TCU, 47-10

R etching collapse at Oklahoma State, 41-45

S hootout success over Oklahoma & play for Big 12 title vs. Texas

Herman has a Masters Degree from the University of Texas.
He pretty much openly campaigned for the job for two years.

Even Zach Smith tried to get on Herman's staff when Herman got the job at Texas.
Texas has text messages of two Ohio St assistants who attempted to get on Herman's staff.

Ohio St is a good job. One of the best outside of the South but at the end of the day you have to chase players outside of Ohio if you are going to win in Columbus.

Yet Hermie the wormie can't win. A masters from a school doesn't mean jack shit to a guys home state.

Link for those made up text....

You may not understand but Texas has never loss a single head coach in any sport....

They take them from other major universities like...

N Carolina
Duke
Clemson
Oregon

Plus a lot of others but they never lose one.

Do you ever get tired from slurping Herman slong.

Born in Ohio. Raised by mommy in California. Explains his crying on the sidelines.

But Ohio is not his home state.

At Ohio St you pretty much need to recruit someone else's state.

Next year they will be targeting California heavy.

Meyer has been recruiting Florida and Texas hard.

Ohio St does not win enough to pull recruits all the time.
Talk like Tarzan but walk like Jane.

Plus Ohio St doesn't have the money to outbid Texas on a coach

Herman is persona non grata in Columbus and is considered a snitch.

Anyone in their right mind would know that Herman will never go to Ohio St

Arizona is wide open so Ohio St might have luck there

But....

The head coach at Mater Dei HS is a lifelong supporter of SC athletics so I doubt Ohio St has success there or in the Trinity League in So Cal..

Those are mainly Oregon and SC players

It will be fun to see because Ohio St is pretty much pulling out of Texas.

Seriously, why would anybody hire the guy?

What has he ever won?

The highlights for his resume is he coached underachieving teams, oversaw annual late-season collapses, puts together teams with defenses that play two-hand touch football. ... and has never put together a team that has won anything. You should be able to find coaches like Mr. Mediocre at the local Wal-Mart instead of having to open the checkbook to get one.
2 10 win seasons. Working on a 3rd.
BCS Bowl win and conference Championship. Working on a second.
Only needs 8 more wins to pass Rodriguez.

You sound like a complete moron. It's ok though. I work with guys like you and it gives us something to do by making fun of them.

Last edited:
Here is a simple fact:

This year's team was the BEST that Dana has ever had here. Talent on both sides of the ball beyond what he's EVER had here (overall). Solid kicking game and special teams, too. And what does that get us? Right where we are again.....losing to a 5-5 team that was near 100th in total defense. Everyone is going on about Gibson's defense, but OK State has offensive weapons and were ranked among the best offenses in the nation. But how come our offense couldn't get more than 10 points in the 2nd half against their defense? This loss falls solely on head coach and OC.
Another simple fact:

IN WVU FOOTBALL HISTORY there has been a total of 9 ten win seasons.

Guess how many Dana has.

I'll give you a clue also he might get his third.

Argue that fact. Go ahead I'll wait.

Another simple fact:

Guess how many Dana has.

What's his average wins per year? Yeah, STFU.

Another simple fact:

Guess how many Dana has.

Here’s one....we play more games now then when Nehlen coached...who also wasn’t a “great” coach.

Make no doubt, WVU is a better team now than it was before he got here. However, we are soft and our in game adjustments suck on both sides of the ball. That hasn’t changed since 2012 and in my opinion, either problem is fatal when trying to win championships.

We have the depth and overall talent to complete for the B12 title every year, not just once every few years. The question is are we really going to try!?! IMO extending Dana gives an emphatic “no”.

But Ohio is not his home state.

At Ohio St you pretty much need to recruit someone else's state.

Next year they will be targeting California heavy.

Meyer has been recruiting Florida and Texas hard.

Ohio St does not win enough to pull recruits all the time.
Talk like Tarzan but walk like Jane.

Plus Ohio St doesn't have the money to outbid Texas on a coach

Herman is persona non grata in Columbus and is considered a snitch.

Anyone in their right mind would know that Herman will never go to Ohio St

This perhaps the dumbest post you have ever made. Ohio State has 61 players from Ohio, 6 from Texas (lol), 11 from Florida and 44 across the US.

Texas couldn't even out bid Alabama for Saban. Shoot, Texas can't even beat Maryland

Anyone in their right mind knows your a troll.

All time wins
Ohio State 909 wins
Texas 908 wins

Ohio State has surpassed Texas.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
I heard a former Penn State employee (back in Paterno days) say those in the athletic department sometimes talked about WVU and its sports success despite not having a big budget. About the only weakness they saw was that WVU seldom hired new blood (new ideas), often going with WVU grads.

Now we know. He is performing. But just what is he performing to keep his job? hummmm

Not sure what you mean. Nothing this season has been fireable. We had a 10 win season just two seasons back. Grier might be a Heisman Finalist.

We are minus an entire game....and can compete for a conference championship this weekend. These are good things.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
Here’s one....we play more games now then when Nehlen coached...who also wasn’t a “great” coach.

Make no doubt, WVU is a better team now than it was before he got here. However, we are soft and our in game adjustments suck on both sides of the ball. That hasn’t changed since 2012 and in my opinion, either problem is fatal when trying to win championships.

We have the depth and overall talent to complete for the B12 title every year, not just once every few years. The question is are we really going to try!?! IMO extending Dana gives an emphatic “no”.

And we play in a more difficult conference now with a more difficult schedule...so it goes both ways.

Dana has this team in a position to play for a conference championship in the final week of the season and a QB who can be a finalist for the Heisman. We lost 2 games and had 1 game cancelled. This is not a bad season.

You'll never be happy.

And we play in a more difficult conference now with a more difficult schedule...so it goes both ways.

Dana has this team in a position to play for a conference championship in the final week of the season and a QB who can be a finalist for the Heisman. We lost 2 games and had 1 game cancelled. This is not a bad season.

You'll never be happy.

And this is the best team he has ever had here talent wise. Ever. Next season will tell me way more about his coaching. No Heisman trophy QB, but a QB that will be above average. We will go from probably the best WR group to an above average group. Our defense will likely be similar. Our RBs will be better.

Essentially we will have a team with average B12 talent. Can he get better than average performance from them?

That is how you definite a great coach. Getting great performance out of average talent.

And this is the best team he has ever had here talent wise. Ever. Next season will tell me way more about his coaching. No Heisman trophy QB, but a QB that will be above average. We will go from probably the best WR group to an above average group. Our defense will likely be similar. Our RBs will be better.

Essentially we will have a team with average B12 talent. Can he get better than average performance from them?

That is how you definite a great coach. Getting great performance out of average talent.

IMO, exactly what he did 2 years ago winning 10 games with Skylar Howard as QB.

You just dont like him. Your new name is Hank Steeleer.

IMO, exactly what he did 2 years ago winning 10 games with Skylar Howard as QB.

You just dont like him. Your new name is Hank Steeleer.

That team had our best RB under Dana, our best defense and our best OL. Howard was our week link.

Again, let’s see what he does next year.

BTW....I noticed you avoided EVERY other season besides those 2 as well as every bowl game that wasn’t that one Orange Bowl.

Good move on your behalf...just pretend I didn’t see right through it.

That team had our best RB under Dana, our best defense and our best OL. Howard was our week link.

Again, let’s see what he does next year.

BTW....I noticed you avoided EVERY other season besides those 2 as well as every bowl game that wasn’t that one Orange Bowl.

Good move on your behalf...just pretend I didn’t see right through it.

This team has been good under Dana. If Trickett doesnt get his head spiked on the turf against TCU we win that game and probably get minimum 9 wins that year.

I see it exactly for what it is...you are insecure.

Why do you only care about next year...when we are still in a very good season right now. It appears a good season bothers you and you WANT a bad year.

Why cant you enjoy a good season?

Answer: Because there is no pleasing you. You are insecure and unreasonable and angry and use why football to vent your frustrations.

This team has been good under Dana. If Trickett doesnt get his head spiked on the turf against TCU we win that game and probably get minimum 9 wins that year.

I see it exactly for what it is...you are insecure.

Why do you only care about next year...when we are still in a very good season right now. It appears a good season bothers you and you WANT a bad year.

Why cant you enjoy a good season?

Answer: Because there is no pleasing you. You are insecure and unreasonable and angry and use why football to vent your frustrations.

Wow...sounds a little immature there Darth lol.

He’s projecting. I present facts and suddenly I’m using football to compensate for my various insecurities...or something like that.

Wow.

All you do is rage.

Remember your genius plan to have 2 head coaches?

How can you even take yourself seriously?

Why you already trying to pull the rug underneath WV for next year.

WV will probably be ranked to start the year around 20.
Allison has been under your OC for 2 years now.
He will know the offense.

Think WV will be a more consistent version of 2018 Oklahoma State next year.

All you do is rage.

Remember your genius plan to have 2 head coaches?

How can you even take yourself seriously?

It worked to clean things up at FSU, done by someone who knows way more than you, genius.

https://tbo.com/sports/colleges/bowden-fsu-pushed-him-out-as-coach-36877

You’ll present your opinion saying it’s dumb when it obviously has not only a precedent but a successful precedent. FSU went on to have a great run under Jimbo after that happened.

Unless you can finally present a reasonable argument against facts corroborated by Bowden himself, I’d consdier giving up this “Trump card” whenever I’m beating your ass in an argument. It looks desperate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT