ADVERTISEMENT

I realize I'm beating a dead horse

But I really would love to see Crest involved in the pass game. I think that would be really smart.
Keep his 2nd team reps at QB. Prepare him to play. But throw the kid a ball once in a while. That would be fantastic.
at least the horse will be tenderized

We have had, quarterbacks, halfbacks, scatbacks, fullbacks and wingbacks, why not throwbacks? guys who line up at running back but go out for passes, take handoffs, throw on the run, throw to the quarterback, throw to themselves out of the backfield, reverse passes, flea flickers, depth charges, fumblerewskis, Manhattan Ice teas. Why not bring back the Roman Coliseum? Defenserules 7 and a pride of hungry lions in a grudge match? It's the off season. Throw us a bone. I love the new baseball stadium, but I'd rather see Uder or VMF being chased by lions. Chugs to Crest to Howard, lateral to Shell, reverse to Junebug, back to Chugs, long pass to the trombone section. Touchdown Crest, or Pepsodent, or Sensodyne. Is it September yet?

Reactions: Doctor Doom
So we're so weak at WR that we have to have our QB with three games' experience and not the greatest passing arm throw to our back up QB? That does not sound like things are going well.

So we're so weak at WR that we have to have our QB with three games' experience and not the greatest passing arm throw to our back up QB? That does not sound like things are going well.
That is a totally bad read of the situation. You simply have to put the best players on the field.

Vindication! I like seeing talented players get on the field. If you don't go as deep as other teams you have to make sure not to waste anyone. Wasn't it Jerry Porter who was the freakish athlete we had that it seemed to take forever for the coaching staff to decide how to use him? I may have his name confused with another player but I thought it was Jerry Porter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT