ADVERTISEMENT

I read that May 1 is the transfer deadline. Is that true?

Op2

All-Conference
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2014
If so, then what we have now is what we'll have in the fall.

Yes, it's true if they want to avoid having to sit for a year. It reopens in a couple of months so it only slows things down until August.
It seems pointless to stop allowing transfers (unless they sit out a year) on May 1 if you're going to re-open it until August. Once you shut it down, shut it down for good even if you push the deadline from May 1 back to June 1 or July 1. The way it is now, a coach will go into August not knowing for sure what he's gonna have. I bet coaches really hate these rules.

It seems pointless to stop allowing transfers (unless they sit out a year) on May 1 if you're going to re-open it until August. Once you shut it down, shut it down for good even if you push the deadline from May 1 back to June 1 or July 1. The way it is now, a coach will go into August not knowing for sure what he's gonna have. I bet coaches really hate these rules.
It's an absolute disaster that makes zero sense. It will change for the better but it will never be remotely the same and that's sad.

ADVERTISEMENT