ADVERTISEMENT

I know the noncompetitive sort enjoy the focus on football

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
Wouldn't the site be even more successful if resources focused on men's basketball, a major sport with winning goals? That's a niche among these WVU sites that needs filling.

Wouldn't the site be even more successful if resources focused on men's basketball, a major sport with winning goals? That's a niche among these WVU sites that needs filling.
Basketball doesn't even compare to football in the stats unless WVU is in the tournament but we still cover it as much as we possibly can. I mean we cover every single game, every recruit, camps, we offer interviews, pictures and videos. What more would you want?

As a 43-year newsman I can tell you that all sports web sites go where the interest is. Football brings in far more money than basketball for one reason: There's far more interest in it.

WVU playing for the national title would make Mountaineer Nation far more bonkers than doing it in basketball. I saw that as someone who loves Huggins and the incredible job he does.

If Rich had beaten Pitt and played in the national title game every WVU fan would have wet the bed and soiled their undies.

Basketball doesn't even compare to football in the stats unless WVU is in the tournament but we still cover it as much as we possibly can. I mean we cover every single game, every recruit, camps, we offer interviews, pictures and videos. What more would you want?

No Offense CFE but I wet the bed and soiled my undies when RR didn't beat Pitt. Still have night sweats.

Wider concourses, free liquor, etc.

The basketball coverage here is abundant, thorough and excellent. Of course, you have to be smart enough to read it....

The basketball coverage here is abundant, thorough and excellent. Of course, you have to be smart enough to read it....
I knew there was a catch. :wink: I enjoy Huggins' guys as much as Dana's guys, but I know that football pays the freight, has more interest and is the horse that the other sports ride into town on. Also, football success helps non-athletes' enrollment more than basketball success. No contest.

football success helps non-athletes' enrollment

And since, yet again, you look at yourself as the fountain of all knowledge....are you sure? Or, does any sport help? seems if that were the case all games would be a sell out because of "student interest." You are such a poser...but good for comic relief.

And since, yet again, you look at yourself as the fountain of all knowledge....are you sure? Or, does any sport help? seems if that were the case all games would be a sell out because of "student interest." You are such a poser...but good for comic relief.
If you don't believe me, read it for yourself. Stats prove that, after athletic success enrollment booms upward, at school after school. Go to

https://www.stmarys-ca.edu/success-in-sports-–-does-it-bring-in-more-college-applications

Then stop being such a left wing progressive know it all....and self promoting blowhard.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT