ADVERTISEMENT

I knew not to rely on government, but I've received a firsthand experience to back that up

TarHeelEer

Heisman Winner
Dec 15, 2002
As I said, I moved into my back in the woods homestead earlier this year. My closest neighbor saw a guy wandering the road and started down my driveway Sunday morning. He was barefoot and disoriented. After my neighbor learned that he didn't belong to anyone out here, he called in a report around noon. That same day, a missing person report was filed on someone on further up the road missing since Sunday at 1am. It wasn't hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Sheriff deputies stopped by my house Sunday night and Monday. Monday's 2 deputies did a small search of the area he was last seen. Up through last night, there was no search party, nothing.

I took off work early last night and went to search. The neighbor's son joined me. Knowing he was barefoot, and the number of thorns in the woods, we deducted his most probable path was along the creekbed, which is still rocky as all get out. It took us less than 20 minutes to find the first track and had him tracked 1/3 mile down to a nearby swampy area. The muck was bad enough that we called the sheriff's office and asked them to send help. We walked the deputy along the tracks we found, he took pictures and radioed back to HQ.

5 days after going missing, that prompted a search party this morning (FINALLY), and they found him dead in less than an hour using our last position. I get people are short on resources. I get that he was a dirt-poor white trash redneck probably hopped up on something... but still, you can't rely on the government.

Not to mention, I can't bitch about the response locally because I'm too tied up politically in the county now. Unless I change my mind and decide to run after all... No, it's not worth it. Just look after me and mine.

As I said, I moved into my back in the woods homestead earlier this year. My closest neighbor saw a guy wandering the road and started down my driveway Sunday morning. He was barefoot and disoriented. After my neighbor learned that he didn't belong to anyone out here, he called in a report around noon. That same day, a missing person report was filed on someone on further up the road missing since Sunday at 1am. It wasn't hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Sheriff deputies stopped by my house Sunday night and Monday. Monday's 2 deputies did a small search of the area he was last seen. Up through last night, there was no search party, nothing.

I took off work early last night and went to search. The neighbor's son joined me. Knowing he was barefoot, and the number of thorns in the woods, we deducted his most probable path was along the creekbed, which is still rocky as all get out. It took us less than 20 minutes to find the first track and had him tracked 1/3 mile down to a nearby swampy area. The muck was bad enough that we called the sheriff's office and asked them to send help. We walked the deputy along the tracks we found, he took pictures and radioed back to HQ.

5 days after going missing, that prompted a search party this morning (FINALLY), and they found him dead in less than an hour using our last position. I get people are short on resources. I get that he was a dirt-poor white trash redneck probably hopped up on something... but still, you can't rely on the government.
Make sure you get his absentee ballot for Nov!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT