ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Sags is listening

leftackle70

Sophomore
Oct 4, 2017
He really needs one more year in Morgantown before he bolts.

Could be brutal for him if he is not up to the emotional challenge.

I doubt if these kids have time to read fan forums, but I believe he is gone.

I hope he stays.

Adebayo was 1st round and barely sees the floor at 6"10" 260...you need ball skills to compete in that league..

Konate was at the Mountaineer Scholarship Dinner in Charleston Monday night. Every coach who spoke urged him to return. One asked the 500 in attendance if they wanted him back. Sags got a long and very loud and very clear message they want him back.

He really needs to stay. I watch WVU basketball for about 2 weeks a season and his name alone implies he's a good college player that can benefit WVU and thus cheer up my pathetic meaningless life and also improve my self esteem......... And if he happens to break his leg or blow his knee out before he's able to go pro like say the Butler did, oh well at least the WVU fans will remember a few games and some highlights and I'm sure that will mean more than the money from either European basketball or an NBA rookie deal.

Note this response has some sarcasm in it.

If he leaves, he needs to get ready for European style of play. The kid is not ready for NBA.

Odds on making a roster on 30 NBA teams.
Avg of 14 players on each team
448 players
0.09% chance of making a team
On 2017-18 opening day NBA rosters, former NCAA players filled 83% of roster spots (all from Division I schools).

NCAA student-athletes played internationally, in the NBA D-League, or in the NBA as undrafted players (535 from Division I, 181 from Division II and 35 from Division III) after leaving college; this includes international players who attended NCAA institutions. These numbers were combined with the NBA draftees to calculate an approximate NCAA to Total Professional opportunities figure (calculated as [50 + 751] / 4,158 = 19%).

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/estimated-probability-competing-professional-athletics

If he leaves, he needs to get ready for European style of play. The kid is not ready for NBA.

Odds on making a roster on 30 NBA teams.
Avg of 14 players on each team
448 players
0.09% chance of making a team
On 2017-18 opening day NBA rosters, former NCAA players filled 83% of roster spots (all from Division I schools).

NCAA student-athletes played internationally, in the NBA D-League, or in the NBA as undrafted players (535 from Division I, 181 from Division II and 35 from Division III) after leaving college; this includes international players who attended NCAA institutions. These numbers were combined with the NBA draftees to calculate an approximate NCAA to Total Professional opportunities figure (calculated as [50 + 751] / 4,158 = 19%).

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/estimated-probability-competing-professional-athletics

Those are all fine and good, but to a 20-22 year old youngster, the opportunity to make between $30,000-$100,000 overseas is still appealing......much better than getting up, going to class, and such........

Those are all fine and good, but to a 20-22 year old youngster, the opportunity to make between $30,000-$100,000 overseas is still appealing......much better than getting up, going to class, and such........

Graduate college and he can make that with employment. Appealing or not he has to make and odds are not great.

A WVU athlete with a college degree and a big name could get a local job in WV that pays good money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT