ADVERTISEMENT

I herd that Miami is going to the single wing

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
they have scouted the herd's defensive "front" and decided that they won't have to throw the ball unless its back to the official after another 7 or 8 yard gain

they have scouted the herd's defensive "front" and decided that they won't have to throw the ball unless its back to the official after another 7 or 8 yard gain
I know you meant it as smack but I've often wondered how modern teams would fare at stopping that offense if some coach dusted off Pop Warner's playbook.

Reactions: countryroads89
I know you meant it as smack but I've often wondered how modern teams would fare at stopping that offense if some coach dusted off Pop Warner's playbook.
If you are old enough to remember a team of college all stars used to play a pro team many years ago...the college guys went to the single wing and some running back named Billy "Thunder" Thornton ran over around and thru the pros....remember that old man?

If you are old enough to remember a team of college all stars used to play a pro team many years ago...the college guys went to the single wing and some running back named Billy "Thunder" Thornton ran over around and thru the pros....remember that old man?
I don't remember that specific example but not surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT