ADVERTISEMENT

I got a chance to talk to last weekends visitor

AnthonyKrumpach

Mostly right and my mom likes me........sometimes
Staff
Jul 19, 2012
Monroe, ga
westvirginia.rivals.com
more in depth last night. Last weekend McKeesport (Pa.) athlete Khaleke Hudson took him mother down to see West Virginia's campus and take in a WVU basketball game as the Mountaineers took on Oklahoma State last Saturday. He told me the coaches were real excited about him coming down.

"We were just talking but they were telling me how they really want me to go to WVU, how I would fit in and what it would be like if I went there," Hudson explained.

This isn't Hudson's first time to Morgantown as he was a regular guest for home games this past season but last weekedns visit was a little different than the rest. Hudson said it felt like a real recruiting trip where he got an opportunity to take the whole program in.

"The other times I've been there [Morgantown] I haven't gotten a chance to see the campus but this time I got to take a tour and they showed me around. I also got to spend some time with the coaches and then take in the basketball game. It was real nice, Hudson laughed.

The Mountaineer staff talked about where Hudson could play in college, telling him they could see him playing either running back, safety or linebacker. Hudson prefers playing safety but the hybrid positions that the WVU 3-3-5 offers is intriguing in the Rivals three star athlete.

With nearly 20 offers Hudson is a hot commodity right now and isn't in a hurry to make a college decision. He has trips scheduled for Maryland, Virginia Tech, Michigan and Michigan State in the near future. Still the Mountaineers made a big impression on Hudson and he told me that West Virginia is making a big push for him. When I asked if WVU was going to be a major player for his services he answered with a "Yes, they absolutely could."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News