ADVERTISEMENT

I don't delve into college basketball wagering very often

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
but to my untrained eyes MU laying 10 1/2 to a team that beat UCF and Illinois seems like too much! I have to think the Herd wins at home but winning the bets is a very different proposition...lot of points!

I know nothing about either team, other than that Gay Elmore's son plays for Marshall, but looking at the scores of each team's games, Marshall beats very few teams by double digits, so you may be on to something there, Tony. Don't overrate Illinois, as the Illini are really bad. Brad Underwood paddled tHuggs' a$$ when he was at Stephen F. Austin and once at Okie State in Morganhole, but he's been a colossal failure so far as a B1G coach.

I know nothing about either team, other than that Gay Elmore's son plays for Marshall, but looking at the scores of each team's games, Marshall beats very few teams by double digits, so you may be on to something there, Tony. Don't overrate Illinois, as the Illini are really bad. Brad Underwood paddled tHuggs' a$$ when he was at Stephen F. Austin and once at Okie State in Morganhole, but he's been a colossal failure so far as a B1G coach.
A brutal beat last night if you took the points, came down to the last shot as college basketball games point spread wise frequently do...tOSU, this reinforces why I don't have nerve to play in the exchange college basketball speculation!
It was a brutal beat if you bet the game! College basketball just too tough , IMHO! Like last night, the outcome often comes down to the last shot.

The folks in Vegas are incredibly good at setting accurate lines, Tony. When you see a line that looks crazy to you, there is usually a good reason for the line to be what it is. My brother's theory is that the best time to beat the House is early in the college football season and before the wise guys have the lines down to a science.

I don't bet on sporting events, but am considering it now that it is legal in West Virginia, and easy to do. My brother actually makes a little money at it in Sin City, but is incredibly disciplined in the bets that he makes. I doubt that the lines given at Mardi Gras reflect the local homerism of WVU fans, but I wished that they did, as I would back the proverbial truck up on WVU's opponents, if the lines reflected the money bet on the Old Fold & Blew by the local homers!

The folks in Vegas are incredibly good at setting accurate lines, Tony. When you see a line that looks crazy to you, there is usually a good reason for the line to be what it is. My brother's theory is that the best time to beat the House is early in the college football season and before the wise guys have the lines down to a science.
Your brother is right more "bad" lines in September!

I don't bet on sporting events, but am considering it now that it is legal in West Virginia, and easy to do. My brother actually makes a little money at it in Sin City, but is incredibly disciplined in the bets that he makes. I doubt that the lines given at Mardi Gras reflect the local homerism of WVU fans, but I wished that they did, as I would back the proverbial truck up on WVU's opponents, if the lines reflected the money bet on the Old Fold & Blew by the local homers!

I don't gamble at all outside of occasionally when I put $5 on a college football parlay card down at the neighborhood pub. Maybe twice a year. One thing my dear old dad taught me when I was still a teen was to never bet on any game WVU was involved in, either straight up or versus a point spread..........you'll lose every time he said. Over the years I've seen his advice ring true. So even when I do play a parlay card I leave the WVU game out of it.

Hoops unlike pigskin often come down to last 30 seconds of action when to the non betting public the outcome is well settled.If you bet FAU last night ,you lost but could just have easily won. Tough sledding!

YOU have a crush on Huggins...that's the only explanation...you mention him every day...one of his likenesses was stolen from a Little General.....will the security tape show a beat up offic...I mean van driving away?

I'm glad that tHuggs pretends to be a West Virginian, notwithstanding the fact that he spent most of his life in Ohio. Y'all can have him!

ADVERTISEMENT