ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t have anything against the trans community

You are talking about turning over the complete decision-making to students who are influenced by social media MORE than anyone on the planet? And you trust them to make the right judgment? Let me just say, the best educators would NOT ADDRESS that situation at all in the classroom as it has absolutely NO EDUCATIONAL VALUE. Schools, both private and public, are not the place to have social "judgments" on current events.

Talk about slavery during the Antebellum years, Fine. Talk about the Civil Rights Movement. Fine. Those are all factual, historical events. What has happened with Floyd is NOT (and let me add, what happened to him was bad.....should not have happened.....don't care how bad of a person he might have been).
1- I said I probably wouldnt address it in the classroom

2- It absolutely has educational value, when discussing government and the construction of race in society.

3- It will, in time, be relevant as a historical event as well.

4- On a high school level? Yes, I trust students to critically think about events, formulate opinions, and articulate and defend those opinions. My job as an educator isnt to spoonfeed dates and names and judgement, it is to help create students with the skills to think about everything they encounter (social media included), and make decisions based on evidence.

No. You teach students tolerance of all religions, and help them learn to critically think, process, and internalize different concepts, perspectives, and theories, in order to become a more well informed, open minded, democratic and effective citizen.

Tell me Mr. critical thinker. Why are liberals almost 100% wrong on every conclusion they draw, if this is their mindset?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: atlkvb
No one understands social gender constructs like boom boom....

Because boom boom is the only one here who gets paid to promote it..

It's the teachers union pushing this far-left crap in school. Remember - he has an agenda. He gets paid to push that agenda. And he will say anything they tell him to say..
Yeah, i dont get paid, I am a Mountaineer

That was done. His professional history was searched, his social media was searched, colleagues, family, friends and acquaintances were interviewed. Nothing surfaced. Unlike Dylan roof or that idiot that drove through the xmas parade where racist shit was found.

how does somebody prove they are not racist? You are suggesting we must prove a negative to be free from claims of being racist.

that is why racism will never die. People will always find a way to make it relevant.
That is not what I said at all. I said, we would review all information we could to examine if racism was a factor. I said IF he was racist, it would be clear, if there were no signs of racism in the information we examine, then I imagine, just like you, most students would assert it wasnt a motivating factor. If a student did assert racism was a factor, I wouldnt correct them about their assertion, but would challenge them to articulate how they came to that conclusion. If they are unable to support their argument, I would make sure to point that out to them.

But if the students can’t back their opinions up with facts, what good is their opinion?

I would hope an educator would correct people who rely on fabricated facts and assumptions to form their opinion. I know you couldn’t in this regard or you would lose your job since Floyd is on his way to a place on Mt Rushmore
The reason I wouldnt bring this into the classroom

I agree. It will be pointed at as the event which opened the eyes of the American people to the radical progressive movement and we pulled back from the abyss.

1- I said I probably wouldnt address it in the classroom

2- It absolutely has educational value, when discussing government and the construction of race in society.

4- On a high school level? Yes, I trust students to critically think about events, formulate opinions, and articulate and defend those opinions. My job as an educator isnt to spoonfeed dates and names and judgement, it is to help create students with the skills to think about everything they encounter (social media included), and make decisions based on evidence.
Wow.....just WOW!

1: When a person says "probably wouldn't", that usually means they ultimately will.

2: It has no educational value. Maybe scientific value for experts who are professionally trained in the field? But not 13-18 year old who think they know it all.

3: Historic? Dr. King was historic. Lincoln was historic. Telling Johnny even though he has a pee pee that he can use whatever bathroom he identifies with is NOT HISTORIC! It's biological. And that has already been written.

4: Spoonfeeding? Do history professors lecturing about events "spoonfeed"? They provide guidance, they lead you to the ultimate goal of knowledge based on FACTUAL information. Trusting a 16-year old to determine things such as "male/female gender" shouldn't require them to formulate "opinions". It's already been set in stone.

Now, let me say I'm not against equality for transgender, gay, etc etc etc. I'm 100% for it. If they are mistreated, then they should be defended by everyone against those that are mistreating them. However, I do NOT believe that just because a person "identifies" as a certain gender even though they are the other that they should get the same accommodations as everyone else. That's not how it works.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Wow.....just WOW!
1: When a person says "probably wouldn't", that usually means they ultimately will.

2: It has no educational value. Maybe scientific value for experts who are professionally trained in the field? But not 13-18 year old who think they know it all.

3: Historic? Dr. King was historic. Lincoln was historic. Telling Johnny even though he has a pee pee that he can use whatever bathroom he identifies with is NOT HISTORIC! It's biological. And that has already been written.

4: Spoonfeeding? Do history professors lecturing about events "spoonfeed"? They provide guidance, they lead you to the ultimate goal of knowledge based on FACTUAL information. Trusting a 16-year old to determine things such as "male/female gender" shouldn't require them to formulate "opinions". It's already been set in stone.

Now, let me say I'm not against equality for transgender, gay, etc etc etc. I'm 100% for it. If they are mistreated, then they should be defended by everyone against those that are mistreating them. However, I do NOT believe that just because a person "identifies" as a certain gender even though they are the other that they should get the same accommodations as everyone else. That's not how it works.
I believe in teaching students to think of history as a science. Take an event, read primary sources from multiple perspectives, examine the motivations of those sources, and look at cause and effect of the event. Propose a question, and examine it in primary sources, and see if that question jives.

Wow.....just WOW!

I believe in teaching students to think of history as a science. Take an event, read primary sources from multiple perspectives, examine the motivations of those sources, and look at cause and effect of the event. Propose a question, and examine it in primary sources, and see if that question jives.
Ok...and that would be pretty simple in the gender situation. Boy has a pee pee. He's a boy. Thanks teach!

Gender or sex?
A person can identify as a male or female all they want. You are missing my point. A man who identifies as a female should NOT be allowed to use the women's restroom without chopping off their stick and becoming a female with surgery.

A person can identify as a male or female all they want. You are missing my point. A man who identifies as a female should NOT be allowed to use the women's restroom without chopping off their stick and becoming a female with surgery.

Gender Identity is just an opinion..

Its their opinion that they are a male/female, but their Sex actually determines that and its not subjective.

There really is no problem with bathrooms - that is just internet bs

Why do kids dress the way they do? Why do they have their hair a certain way? Is it influence from other people? Compare that to adults. Which is less likely to be influenced by things they see on the Internet? My point is pretty clear, but will explain if you don't understand.

Tell that to the girl in Virginia who got raped in the school bathroom by a trans student...then school covered it up. They were like you, too woke to actually care about people and put their radical agenda ahead of safety.

When reality and liberalism meet, reality must give way..

Reactions: atlkvb
I believe in teaching students to think of history as a science.
I am eternally grateful my kids weren't left to derelict instruction such as this! FYI history by definition is settled events...not some "science". You can't change what actually happened, or revise it (although Leftists certainly do try) then go back after the fact to alter the final result! Are you loco?

Science by definition is the process of dynamic discovery and confirmation of provable facts. Once science confirms that E=mc2, there is no revision, no "review" no "read primary sources from multiple perspectives, examine the motivations of those sources, and look at cause and effect of the event" or such gobbledygook!

History is a factual review of confirmed and documented events. Science is discovery and confirmation of phenomenon proven by evidence & observable facts. I don't know if what you teach qualifies as either.

Good Lord!

Last edited:
Tell that to the girl in Virginia who got raped in the school bathroom by a trans student...then school covered it up. They were like you, too woke to actually care about people and put their radical agenda ahead of safety.

So true. Facts or physical reality are anathema to the Left.
(ie: a boy who thinks he's a girl is not a boy) :rolleyes:

ummmmmm, Loudon County Va would disagree. VA went red all because a trans kid raped a girl in the bathroom, the county covered it up, transferred him, and he did it again. That ignited a firestorm by parents and then CRT came into the crosshairs.

Why do kids dress the way they do? Why do they have their hair a certain way? Is it influence from other people? Compare that to adults. Which is less likely to be influenced by things they see on the Internet? My point is pretty clear, but will explain if you don't understand.
1- I think you’re giving too much credit to adults. I think many - as you guys scream about all day on here - can be easily influenced by social media.
2- My point, all throughout this thread, is that IF it were covered in my classroom under any context, right or wrong isnt the approach I would take to the subject. If it were covered in a government course, the objective would be to analyze the political arguments shaping the piblic narrative. Again, my focus on guiding students to challenge sources, understand counter points of view, and articulate their viewpoints. I would also focus on tolerance, in America, we tolerate ideas different than our own, imo.
3- In a classroom setting, we can examine events in history, and policies of government, their causes and effects on the world, formulate questions and opinions and discuss them, without me ever asserting a theory as right or wrong

1- I think you’re giving too much credit to adults. I think many - as you guys scream about all day on here - can be easily influenced by social media.
2- My point, all throughout this thread, is that IF it were covered in my classroom under any context, right or wrong isnt the approach I would take to the subject. If it were covered in a government course, the objective would be to analyze the political arguments shaping the piblic narrative. Again, my focus on guiding students to challenge sources, understand counter points of view, and articulate their viewpoints. I would also focus on tolerance, in America, we tolerate ideas different than our own, imo.
3- In a classroom setting, we can examine events in history, and policies of government, their causes and effects on the world, formulate questions and opinions and discuss them, without me ever asserting a theory as right or wrong
You skipped from answer the question about kids being influenced. Oh, and the world needs "All-American" style teachers like you. I'm sure you are a wonderful role model for kids. Guessing snow day today?

we can examine events in history, and policies of government, their causes and effects on the world, formulate questions and opinions and discuss them, without me ever asserting a theory as right or wrong
Classic "nowhere man" explanation

"doesn't have a point of view...knows not where he's going to"...... [thumbsup]

You skipped from answer the question about kids being influenced. Oh, and the world needs "All-American" style teachers like you. I'm sure you are a wonderful role model for kids. Guessing snow day today?
Oh he consistently avoids answering questions that would expose his lack of intellectual veracity. Challenge him with facts that interrupt his own self assured reality, he disappears like Hillary's bleach bit hard drives. 🤨

Can I have a link to that story please?

Ok, I think the majority of kids are still influenced by what has always influenced them - fitting in. But plenty of kids are influenced more by other factors. Social media being a more crowded school yard, with bullies trying to say things to hurt other people, because they lack tolerance.

ummmmmm, Loudon County Va would disagree. VA went red all because a trans kid raped a girl in the bathroom, the county covered it up, transferred him, and he did it again. That ignited a firestorm by parents and then CRT came into the crosshairs.
As I understood it, the first assault took place before the restroom policy was in place, and the second was in a classroom. And a second story connected to that was of a janitor’s daughter that was raped by her boyfriend after refusing him sex in the bathroom they agreed to meet in.
Do we just pick out one case of how a person behaves, and be terrified that it will happen in high numbers?

Ok, I think the majority of kids are still influenced by what has always influenced them - fitting in. But plenty of kids are influenced more by other factors. Social media being a more crowded school yard, with bullies trying to say things to hurt other people, because they lack tolerance.
You skipped over the question again. But that's ok. Maybe if we ban social media altogether, then we wouldn't have to worry about gender identification or bullying since neither existed 30 years ago, right?

You skipped over the question again. But that's ok. Maybe if we ban social media altogether, then we wouldn't have to worry about gender identification or bullying since neither existed 30 years ago, right?
No.
And i didn't skip over the question - their peers, in the majority

Do kids today spend more time socializing in person or socializing through apps on their phones? (I know the answer, just waiting for you to admit to it)
ha...ha....ha....ha....ha....ha
Good luck with THAT!

ADVERTISEMENT