ADVERTISEMENT

I-75 Active Shooter (Kentucky)

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-victims-interstate-75-shut-down/75126501007/

An active-shooter situation has caused Interstate 75 near London, Kentucky, to be shut down.

There are an estimated four to six victims, Kentucky State Police spokesperson Scottie Pennington said in a phone call with The Courier Journal around 7:40 p.m. He didn't have additional information about those who were shot.

The shooter has not been caught.

Officials are "still working on a very active scene," Pennington said more than an hour after the Laurel County Sheriff's Department first reported the shootings on social media. "We have no clue where he is at," he said about investigators' progress on tracking down a suspect.

The shutdown is near Exit 49 and U.S. Route 25, about nine miles north of London, according to officials. Laurel County is about 90 miles south of Lexington in Eastern Kentucky. It has a population of about 62,000 and includes part of the Daniel Boone National Forest.

In a post on X, formerly Twitter, Gov. Andy Beshear said he, alongside the Kentucky State Police and the Office of Homeland Security, "are actively monitoring the situation and offering support in any way possible."

Laurel County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation with assistance from several other law enforcement agencies, including Kentucky State Police, Pennington said.

Beshear acknowledged the situation in another post on X.

"Kentucky, we are aware of a shooting on I-75 in Laurel County. Law enforcement has shut the interstate down in both directions at exit 49. Please avoid the area. We will provide more details once they are available," he wrote.

London Mayor Randall Weddle also made a post on Facebook warning people to stay away from the area.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-victims-interstate-75-shut-down/75126501007/

An active-shooter situation has caused Interstate 75 near London, Kentucky, to be shut down.

There are an estimated four to six victims, Kentucky State Police spokesperson Scottie Pennington said in a phone call with The Courier Journal around 7:40 p.m. He didn't have additional information about those who were shot.

The shooter has not been caught.

Officials are "still working on a very active scene," Pennington said more than an hour after the Laurel County Sheriff's Department first reported the shootings on social media. "We have no clue where he is at," he said about investigators' progress on tracking down a suspect.

The shutdown is near Exit 49 and U.S. Route 25, about nine miles north of London, according to officials. Laurel County is about 90 miles south of Lexington in Eastern Kentucky. It has a population of about 62,000 and includes part of the Daniel Boone National Forest.

In a post on X, formerly Twitter, Gov. Andy Beshear said he, alongside the Kentucky State Police and the Office of Homeland Security, "are actively monitoring the situation and offering support in any way possible."

Laurel County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation with assistance from several other law enforcement agencies, including Kentucky State Police, Pennington said.

Beshear acknowledged the situation in another post on X.

"Kentucky, we are aware of a shooting on I-75 in Laurel County. Law enforcement has shut the interstate down in both directions at exit 49. Please avoid the area. We will provide more details once they are available," he wrote.

London Mayor Randall Weddle also made a post on Facebook warning people to stay away from the area.
I parked at a dealership this summer, go in and pickup a part. Came out to get in my car and somebody had fired a shot into hood of car next to mine.

92rgeu.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT