ADVERTISEMENT

Huggs makes too much money to have a train wreck. He must recruit better skill.

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
I like Huggs love for WV and WVU but he’s the most overatted coach in the history of college basketball. He inherited Beliens boys and then when they all were gone we struggled with the I’ll fix it loser group. He then recovers with a few sweet 16 groups that couldn’t score well enough to move past that. He makes too much money to not get us in NCAA tourney. If he can’t coach us to NCAA tourney then we don’t need him.

He recruits too many guys that couldnt score in D2. Although nobody including me saw this coming. But in Huggs defense he hasn’t had Culver yet. Let’s see if Culver can add some spice first. He is a big loss. I expected Konate to be 100% and Culver to be here 100% from the jump. We haven’t seen the full team yet. If Konate isn’t 100% we don’t have a chance to be good. Konate knee situation was not expected. If I knew his knee was going to hinder him and us and that Culver was not going to be here I wouldn’t have predicted this team to be very good. That’s 2 huge losses and issues.

I thought this team was final 4 material. What happened to your prognostication. I mean after all we do have Hunter the god of basketball from Fairmont. I'm disappointed in you. Your the most overrated assessment of talent in history.

You couldn't coach your way out grade school league. Much less evaluate talent.

But nice try at backpedaling out of your final 4 guarantee.

Reactions: Airport
I like Huggs love for WV and WVU but he’s the most overatted coach in the history of college basketball. He inherited Beliens boys and then when they all were gone we struggled with the I’ll fix it loser group. He then recovers with a few sweet 16 groups that couldn’t score well enough to move past that. He makes too much money to not get us in NCAA tourney. If he can’t coach us to NCAA tourney then we don’t need him.

He recruits too many guys that couldnt score in D2. Although nobody including me saw this coming. But in Huggs defense he hasn’t had Culver yet. Let’s see if Culver can add some spice first. He is a big loss. I expected Konate to be 100% and Culver to be here 100% from the jump. We haven’t seen the full team yet. If Konate isn’t 100% we don’t have a chance to be good. Konate knee situation was not expected. If I knew his knee was going to hinder him and us and that Culver was not going to be here I wouldn’t have predicted this team to be very good. That’s 2 huge losses and issues.
You really are a true piece of shite.

Please get off the WVU bandwagon forever.

You’re like the grim reaper of WVU sports. Typical emotional fanboy throwing a hissy fit when beloved team loses haha. Get a life.

3 of the starters from the final four team of 2010 were his recruits. Truck, KJ, and Ebanks.

Fat loser hiding behind his keyboard has no business critqueing the actual professionals.
tenor.gif

See my bumped thread for your most recent analysis of the team.

BTW- you know Culver isn't from Fairmont, right?

My prediction of this team being good was based off Culver never being suspended and Konate 100% healthy playing at highest level. My prediction hasn’t had a chance because of Konate being out, injured and Culver being suspended.

We would be 10-0 with a healthy Konate and Culver never being suspended and full go. I never anticipated our 2 top players having these issues. Again we are 10-0 with Culver playing full go and healthy Konate. We would not be 6-4. 10-0. 9-1 at worse.

Huggs better get Culver back. We are paying him $4 million + a year to handle these guys and get them playing well. If Culver is eligible academically he needs back ASAP.

We are 10-0 with Culver and a healthy Konate. My prediction hasn’t even had a chance.

Huggs better get Culver back. We are paying him $4 million + a year to handle these guys and get them playing well. If Culver is eligible academically he needs back ASAP.

We are 10-0 with Culver and a healthy Konate. My prediction hasn’t even had a chance.
got to keep him off the weed...that is not Huggs vault

A healthy Konate or Culver isnt going to help our Guards play better and definitely wont help Esa "The Liability" Ahmad improve and show some heart. That dude ha been here a long time and hasnt shown ANY improvement in any area of his game. In fact he may even be worse now then he once was. Im guessing he spends no extra time trying to improve his game.

Until Huggs changes assistants there will not be a long-term improvement. They have a set
way to evaluating recruits and without changes in staff there won't be a change in that
system of evaluation - we just have to deal with it. Don't get me wrong I don't like it one bit,
but it's just the way it is. This process has resulted in 1) not properly evaluating recruits about
what it takes to be a major college play (ie going to class and working hard in gym). 2) general attitude
on being coachable (understanding that they did successfully in high school probably won't work
in college 3) in connection with #2 be willing to change style of play to fit in 4) repeating WILLING TO WORK
HARD AND FOLLOW coaches' direction.
To me these four things are not emphasized or evaluated enough during the recruiting process - just look
back. This bunch seems to be lacking each of these in a big way.

My prediction never had a chance because of Konate knee issue and Culver never playing yet. We would be 10-0 with a healthy Konate and Culver never being suspended. That’s the two top players. We win yesterday easy if Konate plays.

10-0 if Konate was 100% all season and with Culver full go.

My prediction never had a chance because of Konate knee issue and Culver never playing yet. We would be 10-0 with a healthy Konate and Culver never being suspended. That’s the two top players. We win yesterday easy if Konate plays.

If we were a final four team, as you say, we should have easily won yesterday without Konate or Culver.

A 10-0 WVU team with a healthy Konate and a full go from the start 6-10 Culver would be gushing with confidence and increased scoring ability.

A shooter or two who isn't as frail as Beetle sure would go a long way to making this team not quite as dreadful to watch. Just can't shoot, period. Only have 2 non-centers on this team that shoot higher than .421

We tried that. His name was Eron Harris. Scored 18 points a game but gave up 22 himself on defense. Nobody of that caliber is going to come to WVU and give up his legs to play full court defense for 30 games.

Agree with you on the shooting, though.

A 10-0 WVU team with a healthy Konate and a full go from the start 6-10 Culver would be gushing with confidence and increased scoring ability.

It is amazing how our teams would always be better with the players who aren't here in your mind.

Does Holgorsen and Huggins know you have this amazing recruiting and player analysis ability? Give me your name and I'll make sure they, as well as Gee, know and an application will be on your doorstep by Monday morning at the latest. Well, since it is Christmas, probably make it the following Friday. A man of your immense talent will surely be picked up by the professionals sooner rather than later.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
Culver was here practicing up until early November. He was only suspended. Everybody knew he would be back at some point this season. Again we’re 10-0 with that extra firepower that Culver would give us and a healthy Konate playing center and not guard. I anticipated those 2 being here together. My prediction never was given a chance.

Moving the goal posts and doubling down. Yep and every Final Four team team has absolutely everything go their way haha. No adversity at all says pridemandoo. You’re a goofball.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
Culver was here practicing up until early November. He was only suspended. Everybody knew he would be back at some point this season. Again we’re 10-0 with that extra firepower that Culver would give us and a healthy Konate playing center and not guard. I anticipated those 2 being here together. My prediction never was given a chance.

OMG lol then predict that Trey Lowe will win the Heisman and blame Dana if it doesn't happen LOL

Culver hasn’t played, Konate is screwed up in head trying to play guard or not playing at all with a supposed knee issue. My prediction hasn’t had a chance yet.

Get Culver back, get Konate playing center every game and Knapper starting over Beetle and by mid January, Febuary this team will get hot. Get Chase Harler on bench with decreased minutes as well. Huggs coaching has been an F so far.

Man, you sure are meat riding Culver today. Dude better be the messiah of hoops at this rate...

You knows he not an instate guy, right?

My prediction of this team being good was based off Culver never being suspended and Konate 100% healthy playing at highest level. My prediction hasn’t had a chance because of Konate being out, injured and Culver being suspended.

We would be 10-0 with a healthy Konate and Culver never being suspended and full go. I never anticipated our 2 top players having these issues. Again we are 10-0 with Culver playing full go and healthy Konate. We would not be 6-4. 10-0. 9-1 at worse.

ylgge.gif

Culver hasn’t played, Konate is screwed up in head trying to play guard or not playing at all with a supposed knee issue. My prediction hasn’t had a chance yet.

Get Culver back, get Konate playing center every game and Knapper starting over Beetle and by mid January, Febuary this team will get hot. Get Chase Harler on bench with decreased minutes as well. Huggs coaching has been an F so far.
ylgge.gif

ylgge.gif

ylgge.gif

ylgge.gif

If Huggs had recruited the McDonald's all star team the Mountaineers could probably score, rebound, play defense and win lol. Unfortunately you have to go with what you've got...and the results are showing.

WVUALLEN you work too hard to compete. I guess all the times I exposed you still bothers you. 10-0 with healthy Konate and Culver.

Oh please Pride give this reason your 10-0 prediction is wrong a break since no healthy Konate and Culver, i doubt anyone really cares

Well.... you've now gotten your wish 304.. Both Konate and Culver ready to go.

What's your prediction for the NEXT 10 games? Still going with 10-0?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT