ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Huggins talks Backyard Brawl, scheduling

Pitt basketball is in real trouble. WVU has leverage here. I hope we get 2 home games for each @ Pitt..at worst 3 for 2.

I guess Curley at Turkey Tech will keep us off their schedule as long as he is there. What a tool.....

Pitt basketball is in real trouble. WVU has leverage here. I hope we get 2 home games for each @ Pitt..at worst 3 for 2.
Lol....Pitt is not hurting. Ask any Pitt fan and they will tell you the change in leadership at the University is a breath of fresh air for Pitt athletics. I'm confident we are heading in the right direction in every sport. Dixon was a great coach. He wasn't worth the long term contract he was given by Steve Pederson. TCU did Pitt a favor getting us out of his contract.

Lol....Pitt is not hurting. Ask any Pitt fan and they will tell you the change in leadership at the University is a breath of fresh air for Pitt athletics. I'm confident we are heading in the right direction in every sport. Dixon was a great coach. He wasn't worth the long term contract he was given by Steve Pederson. TCU did Pitt a favor getting us out of his contract.

Ok... ...but if a thread on a WVU forum two years ago said that Pitt needed new leadership (aka a breath of fresh air) I'm sure you would have posted that you agree.

i mean every program (entire athletic department according to you) is heading in the right direction when they start losing 'great coaches'.

No, Pitt would have loved to keep Dixon. Just with a different contract. We have no idea how Stallings will do...but we really were stuck in a bad deal with Dixon. Him going to TCU did Pitt a favor.

No, Pitt would have loved to keep Dixon. Just with a different contract. We have no idea how Stallings will do...but we really were stuck in a bad deal with Dixon. Him going to TCU did Pitt a favor.

You have freaking Stallings as a head coach now...................If anyone did anyone a favor it was Pitt doing Vandy a huge one.

Think about it...............Sean Miller, a Pitt grad, would not even entertain talking with Pitt no matter how much money was being offered.

And this is your coach..............

Kevin+Stallings+SEC+Basketball+Tournament+7Vg5CdAP1-Bl.jpg

If any Pitt fan thinks losing Jamie Dixon as their basketball coach was a good thing, they are not dealing with any form of reality....

You guys are more childish than Nitwit fans. Nobody wanted Jaime to go. However, his contract was a bad deal for Pitt. When TCU offered him, it gave Pitt a chance to rid itself of a bad contract. Pitt basketball may never be what it was. However, Pitt basketball and Dixon were fading and was paying Dixon top $. It was a good move to use those resources elsewhere.

You guys are more childish than Nitwit fans. Nobody wanted Jaime to go. However, his contract was a bad deal for Pitt. When TCU offered him, it gave Pitt a chance to rid itself of a bad contract. Pitt basketball may never be what it was. However, Pitt basketball and Dixon were fading and was paying Dixon top $. It was a good move to use those resources elsewhere.

Yea... ...we read that opinion from you plenty of times.

Do you get that it seems rediculous each time you tap 'post reply' ?

Where is Pitt going to use those 'resources elsewhere' ? Maybe invest in Dyson...because you found a new way to suck?

By hiring Stallings, Pitt brass is saying we don't care.

I have good friends who are Pitt grads and boosters and they are as disenfranchised as they can be with the current state of Pitt basketball and the hiring of Stallings. Not one of them is trying to spin it into a good move. Is Pitt so strapped for cash?

Personally, I love it. We will start playing Pitt again next year and a Stallings coached team doesn't worry me at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT