ADVERTISEMENT

Hug said 1 of the guards Defied him on a play. Who was it?

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
Huggs said it will never happen again. I don’t know how he can say that unless he’s never planning on playing that guard again

Not sure why he's so upset about this one play. He complains after every game about players not doing what they were told to do. What makes this one any different?

Huggs said it will never happen again. I don’t know how he can say that unless he’s never planning on playing that guard again

I took it to be either Harris or West or Knapper. The first two aren't guards though.....can't see it being Bolden because Huggs always says good things about him. Couldn't be Harler because....well....he never drives, just shoots....and misses.....Couldn't be McCabe because he's usually on the bench the majority of the game......

Reactions: 52again
I took it to be either Harris or West or Knapper. The first two aren't guards though.....can't see it being Bolden because Huggs always says good things about him. Couldn't be Harler because....well....he never drives, just shoots....and misses.....Couldn't be McCabe because he's usually on the bench the majority of the game......
I don't think that's entirely accurate about Haley. I have seen him drive the ball, just not often enough.. Didn't he say veteran? That would have to be Bolden (unlikely) or Haley or Harler as a longshot.

Doesn’t matter the roster is bad. They don’t have talent. Huggs recruited these low level stiffs. Nobody could coach these D2 players up.

If Sluggs would have recruited better and gave WV boys Jon Elmore and CJ Burks scholarship offers we would have a good senior starting backcourt right now. The Mountain State always has a few good guards each year. Huggs needs to get his head out of his ass and recruit the top WV boys and I’m not talking about Harler. I’m talking the top WV boys.

Last edited:
I don't think that's entirely accurate about Haley. I have seen him drive the ball, just not often enough.. Didn't he say veteran? That would have to be Bolden (unlikely) or Haley or Harler as a longshot.

He also said the person can’t dribble left. Bolden is left handed. So the story can’t be about him.

In the written story, it wasn't clear. This is what it said " I tell a guy today we're going to clear the side for you so you can drive it. He said can I drive it left and I said no you can't dribble left. Drive it right or don't drive it at all and he drove it left. I just haven't had that happen and it won't happen again because I'm never, ever, ever giving him the ball like that again."

Why would he clear the side for a freshman to drive the ball?

I said "Harler"....not Haley

In the written story, it wasn't clear. This is what it said " I tell a guy today we're going to clear the side for you so you can drive it. He said can I drive it left and I said no you can't dribble left. Drive it right or don't drive it at all and he drove it left. I just haven't had that happen and it won't happen again because I'm never, ever, ever giving him the ball like that again."

I listened to him in the post game with Tony... that’s what I heard... didn’t say why so I’d be speculating to say anything more... said that’s pure Defiance... maybe it was doomes maybe napper my guess is one or other

Huggs isn't going to say he's not giving the ball to Bolden again.....because he knows Bolden is our only scorer that can create his own shot. My prediction is that it wasn't a guard. It was West or Harris and he wasn't saying that the person "couldn't" dribble left as in they suck, but that the defensive player was playing his left (which would make me think Harris) and only success he would have on that play would be to go right.

The genius up the page does realize that Elmore left S. Charleston for a prep school after it became apparent that a freshman named Knapper had beat him out, doesn't he?

When Elmore transferred back to G.W. after riding the pine at prep school, young Mr. Knapper used to eat his lunch on a regular basis.

Elmore is soft, knock him around a bit and he gets tentative about finding his spots and driving the ball.

Now go sit in the corner and talk to voices in your head, 304, they buy the horseshit you're selling.

He also said the person can’t dribble left. Bolden is left handed. So the story can’t be about him.

That's interesting. Knapper was a ball hog and half in HS, but he used either hand well. I used to watch that kid drive into land of the giants, pop out on the other side, then go to the top of the key to set the offense again.

I don't know how he wiggled his way through those lanes full of offensive tackles pretending to be basketball players?

Doesn’t matter the roster is bad. They don’t have talent. Huggs recruited these low level stiffs. Nobody could coach these D2 players up.

If Sluggs would have recruited better and gave WV boys Jon Elmore and CJ Burks scholarship offers we would have a good senior starting backcourt right now. The Mountain State always has a few good guards each year. Huggs needs to get his head out of his ass and recruit the top WV boys and I’m not talking about Harler. I’m talking the top WV boys.

FINAL 4 Y'all!!!!

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER

That’s about every one.

MikeRafoneloser your digging deep to find negatives on Elmore. Bottom line is that he’s a 6-3 guard that can score and shoot the lights out. WVU could use him. Same with Burks. Huggs aka Sluggs screwed up. Get in the game MikeRafoneloser. Your a total arm chair non athlete. I’ve been right about 90% of time. 10% wrong isn’t a lot.

MikeRafoneloser your digging deep to find negatives on Elmore. Bottom line is that he’s a 6-3 guard that can score and shoot the lights out. WVU could use him. Same with Burks. Huggs aka Sluggs screwed up. Get in the game MikeRafoneloser. Your a total arm chair non athlete. I’ve been right about 90% of time. 10% wrong isn’t a lot.

Well, this is probably a good year not to play Herd.

Problem solved if Huggs was smart enough to recruit Elmore and Burks. They would give us a lift.

Did you just say you are right 90% of the time???

Okay, I will buy my tickets to the Final Four right now.

I love the guy. Hope averages 30/game for Marshall. No way he could guard in this league. If a guy can't guard, can't play for Huggs.

I think we know it was Knapper. Zero minutes and Turnovers down to 13 for the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT