ADVERTISEMENT

How would Urban do at West Virginia?

PlutoDroid

Freshman
Aug 16, 2015
To me Urban might actually have an easier time winning at West Virginia then Nebraska. First of all it's right next to Ohio. Second the conference is much easier going forward.

To me Urban might actually have an easier time winning at West Virginia then Nebraska. First of all it's right next to Ohio. Second the conference is much easier going forward.
The conference actually will be tougher. Losing Oklahoma was huge. Losing Texas was not in terms of competition. Whereas Oklahoma was a loss, it was only 1 loss. Now we must play Cincinnati, BYU, UCF, and Houston. None of which are guaranteed wins.

How Urban would do is he would never be here.

If Urban came here he would be very successful but he would literally need his own PR team to cover up for his pattern of being a straight up asshole.

Reactions: eerdoc
In Urban's case. It probably would be "who" rather than "how" he would do.

The conference actually will be tougher. Losing Oklahoma was huge. Losing Texas was not in terms of competition. Whereas Oklahoma was a loss, it was only 1 loss. Now we must play Cincinnati, BYU, UCF, and Houston. None of which are guaranteed wins.
Now that money matters more, Texas is going to get a lot better, regardless of whether they're in the Big 12 or SEC. NIL means the days of WVU beating Texas are over IMO.

Urban Meyer has a system that is compatible with what has worked at Wvu in the past. He would never come here. He would be at the top of every Blue Bloods list if he is interested in coaching again. His entry level salary at a blue blood would be more than what a football salary would be at wvu if we were maxed out. Urban Meyer would also want to go to a school that can afford a paid roster.

Urban is a great college coach and would do well here no doubt. He has a system and knows the kind of players that fit it. But he would never come here.
Sole's stop talking about it. We have a GOOD coach that displays great character--something lacking in Urban.

Sole's stop talking about it. We have a GOOD coach that displays great character--something lacking in Urban.

We can stop mentally masturbating about Urban Meyer for sure. But there is zero objective evidence that we have a "GOOD" coach. We have a coach that has failed to live up to any WVU coach in the last 40 years and that includes Holgorsen who I didn't think was able to cut it after 4 years at the helm as well.

We can stop mentally masturbating about Urban Meyer for sure. But there is zero objective evidence that we have a "GOOD" coach. We have a coach that has failed to live up to any WVU coach in the last 40 years and that includes Holgorsen who I didn't think was able to cut it after 4 years at the helm as well.
Speaking of Holgorsen, Houston is losing to Kansas 28-21 early in the 2nd half right now.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Urban Meyer has a system that is compatible with what has worked at Wvu in the past. He would never come here. He would be at the top of every Blue Bloods list if he is interested in coaching again. His entry level salary at a blue blood would be more than what a football salary would be at wvu if we were maxed out. Urban Meyer would also want to go to a school that can afford a paid roster.
I agree, Meyer wouldn’t waste his time here at WVU. He could go anywhere he wants.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
If wvu feels it needs to move on from Brown, we have to be realistic about who we can get. No chance we get Meyer. Sometimes the right guy isn't always the obvious choice.

Meyer will go where it’s easiest to recruit, there are lots of big money boosters shelling out cash and where he can command a top five salary.

Most universities would not be his choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT