ADVERTISEMENT

How much will losing Dr Geno impact you next year?

gitrdone!

All-Conference
Apr 12, 2006
It will have some impact. He's special. Just like us (KSU) losing Klein will have some impact. Klein is a huge huge emotional leader on our team. Probably the most emotionally impactful leader the program has ever had.

Huge. Have you seen our backup QB play?

We'll also be losing Tavon Austin, over half of our O-line, and I believe Shawn Alston as well. The offense is going to have to plug a ton of holes, but I believe in this staff.

You don't just plug in a guy after a great one leaves and expect nothing to change.

Geno's backups are Paul Millard, who will be in year three in the system, and Ford Childress (NFL'er Ray Childress' son), who will be in his second year in the system.

We also have a 3 star QB commit right now, but who knows how he will pan out.

None will be Geno, but hopefully they write their own story here.

Tavon will be missed, but Jordan Thompson is a true freshman this year and he seems like a slightly less fast Tavon.

Andrew Buie and Dustin Garrison will both be back next season, as will our huge left tackle Quinton Spain.

Defensively we should be better since this is our first year in the system, and we are playing some young guys, but how much better remains to be seen.

We need to win it all this year, because next year I think 8-9 wins would be a great year based on what we will lose.

I don't even want to think about losing Geno, Tavon, and possibly Stedman right now. Like a fine meal, I just want to savor the moment.

Losing Geno and the rest of the seniors on offense will be a huge blow. Our coaches say our D will be better next year but there's a lot of upside there anyways. Yes, it will be payback time for many of the teams we get the better of this year.

Best hope is that Millard or Childress can step in like BU's QB..

Or Ash at Texas. Geno is the best ever at WVU and has Manninglike smarts and prep ethic. There will be a drop off. But how much can the team adjust to account for it? I guess we'll see. We'll still be very good, but Geno's special.

I do NOT even want to think about next year. I'll let Coach Holgerson deal with those decisions when the time comes.

With the run of QBs we have had in the last 30 years, generally that position doesn't worry me. However, I think if someone steps up in a big way at QB next year it will be a little bit of a surprise. But this is supposed to be the hallmark of the Leach disciples - the ability to plug in QB after QB into the system.

Dana will find, and develop, and very good QB.

He's a master at it. Keenum, Weeden, Geno...you just don't get lucky with 3 different QB's at 3 different schools. Dana is doing something right. And he can develop WR's, too.

Just his recruiting is the only thing I'd worry about as a WVU fan.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT