ADVERTISEMENT

How much credit does Shane Lyons deserve

We all know some of these A.D.s don’t agree with all this social justice and inclusion crap. Wouldn’t it be nice for one of them to speak their mind, and tell one of these big schools to f@ck off!”

Shane was named 1 of 4 Athletic Directors of the Year by the national college AD group.

Is WVU better off under Shane than under Oliver Luck? That's an unfair comparison because Luck and Fred Schaus were 2 of the best WVU athletic directors in history?

Shane should get the credit or blame for everything that happens from today for the next several years. Fair enough?

Shane was named 1 of 4 Athletic Directors of the Year by the national college AD group.

Is WVU better off under Shane than under Oliver Luck? That's an unfair comparison because Luck and Fred Schaus were 2 of the best WVU athletic directors in history?

Shane should get the credit or blame for everything that happens from today for the next several years. Fair enough?
As he has been in every job...Luck was a terrible AD. Shane is a puppet to the oversight committee. No one cares about your uneducated and fraudulent opinion. Fair enough?

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
As he has been in every job...Luck was a terrible AD. Shane is a puppet to the oversight committee. No one cares about your uneducated and fraudulent opinion. Fair enough?

STILL SHITTING RAZORBLADES OF HATRED, I SEE. I'LL PRAY FOR YOUR PITIFUL LIFE. MUST BE TERRIBLE TO BE IN YOUR FAMILY WITH SUCH A MISERABLE GROUCH. THE REST OF US WILL ENJOY WVU SPORTS AND OUR LIVES.

Last edited:
STILL SHITTING RAZORBLADEDS OF HATRED, I SEE. I'LL PRAY FOR YOUR PITIFUL LIFE. MUST BE TERRIBLE TO BE IN YOUR FAMILY WITH SUCH A MISERABLE GROUCH. THE REST OF US WILL ENJOY WVU SPORTS AND OUR LIVES.
Hey Dopey...notice you didn't disagree with me. Btw what the hell is "razorbladeds"? You are such an uneducated moron. Lose the caps button again?

Last edited:

Luck was AD when we got into the Big 12 - he has to share that with Don Nehlen IMHO - Don was close to acting Big 12 commissioner at the time. No doubt Ollie's connections in Texas helped. HOWEVER, Ollie also brought us Dana one of the biggest mistakes in the history of Mountaineer football.

Luck was AD when we got into the Big 12 - he has to share that with Don Nehlen IMHO - Don was close to acting Big 12 commissioner at the time. No doubt Ollie's connections in Texas helped. HOWEVER, Ollie also brought us Dana one of the biggest mistakes in the history of Mountaineer football.

Disagree about Dana. Team has tremendous record under him. Yes he was unconventional and a wild card. But he won.

Nehlen had a role in getting WVU into the Big 12. So did Luck, because of his Texas connections and his penchant for taking something and building it up from the ground up, as he did the stadium in Texas.

I also liked Rich, another coach unpopular with some WVU fans. He also won.

What do WVU fans resent coaches who won at WVU? Isn't that the idea, as long as it's legal?

Neal Brown is too early to judge. I'm hopeful and I like him. But premature to anoint him a saint. Or a sinner.

Tremendous record under Dana? Still celebrating your D average in school I guess.

DON'T FORCE ME TO BRING UP MY GENIUS IQ DOCUMENTED AGAIN.

Let the numbers speak for themselves:
2011 10-3
2012 7-6
2013 4-8
2014 7-6
2015 8-5
2016 10-3
2017 7-6
2018 8-4
7.6 – 5.1 average
Nehlen 7-4 average

So you're saying Nehlen was a terrible coach because he did worse than Dana?

DON'T FORCE ME TO BRING UP MY GENIUS IQ DOCUMENTED AGAIN.

Let the numbers speak for themselves:
2011 10-3
2012 7-6
2013 4-8
2014 7-6
2015 8-5
2016 10-3
2017 7-6
2018 8-4
7.6 – 5.1 average
Nehlen 7-4 average

So you're saying Nehlen was a terrible coach because he did worse than Dana?
Stop trying to do a Biden like goalpost shift. Lol. You're such a doofus. Yeah losing 5 games a year is tremendous...in your DemWit type world. Participation trophies for all.

Stop trying to do a Biden like goalpost shift. Lol. You're such a doofus. Yeah losing 5 games a year is tremendous...in your DemWit type world. Participation trophies for all.

AS USUAL YOU LET YOUR DISLIKE FOR ME HELP YOU DODGE THE POINT: DANA'S W-L RECORD IS BETTER THAN DON, WHO WAS AN EXCELLENT COACH IN 21 YEARS AT MY ALMA MATER. STOP THE PERSONAL INSULTS AND STICK TO DISCUSSING INFORMATION ABOUT MY ALMA MATER'S SPORTS TEAMS. IT'S SO UNSEEMLY TO DO OTHERWISE.

From the Rubiat of Omar Khayyam

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it

-- Omar Khayyam

Should be on the wall of every sports fan. All the anguish over something you can do nothing about. Make your own life better. Let Brown and Huggins make my alma mater's teams better.

From the Rubiat of Omar Khayyam

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it

-- Omar Khayyam

Should be on the wall of every sports fan. All the anguish over something you can do nothing about. Make your own life better. Let Brown and Huggins make my alma mater's teams better.
Your headwrap is unraveling.

Luck managed to get WVU into the Big12, which was by far the most profitable option. Luck also changed many policies that allowed for a better game atmosphere & more profitability from our athletic programs. Luck modernized our Athletic Department.

His HFC hire seemed like a good one, at least for the first year. Luck is widely known as a quality CEO style business manager..

Lyons is also widely recognized across NCAA, he has managed to even further improve the revenues from our programs, improve & update facilities, frankly I dont understand why people even have an issue with him, aside from your partisan political perspectives. Which frankly, recruits do not share, and in order to attract recruits you have to be balanced.

Lyons to date is doing a great job, far better then many other AD's! I would say we def have a top 10-15 AD for sure, when you look at the total health of WVU sports.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Lyons has done good with making facility upgrades in a big way. He is modernizing a lot of the infrastructure which will in turn help recruiting. He gets an A in that department.

His social justice crap gets and F.

With football the Neal Brown hiring has yet to be determined but as of now Id give him a C. The Vic Koening firing gets an F, so overall I'll give his first football build a D so far.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Lyons has done good with making facility upgrades in a big way. He is modernizing a lot of the infrastructure which will in turn help recruiting. He gets an A in that department.

His social justice crap gets and F.

With football the Neal Brown hiring has yet to be determined but as of now Id give him a C. The Vic Koening firing gets an F, so overall I'll give his first football build a D so far.
Letting Koening go was the only move Lyons and Brown had. Every school in the country would have thrown Vic under the bus. Every previous coach and AD at wvu would have done the same. Keeping Vic would have been a public relations nightmare for wvu on the recruiting trail.

Letting Koening go was the only move Lyons and Brown had. Every school in the country would have thrown Vic under the bus. Every previous coach and AD at wvu would have done the same. Keeping Vic would have been a public relations nightmare for wvu on the recruiting trail.
Yeah. BLM would have cut off their recommendations. Might have had to find some real student...athletes. Pathetic.

GIVING KOENING AN F FOR GETTING KOENING OUT OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT IS PRETTY FAR OFF THE MARK. AND REMEMBER THAT LYONS WAS AT ALABAMA, WHICH SET PRETTY HIGH STANDARDS FOR ATHLETICS. LYONS MIGHT NOT DESERVE AN A FOR DUMPING VIC, BUT IT'S CLOSER TO A THAN TO F.

GIVING KOENING AN F FOR GETTING KOENING OUT OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT IS PRETTY FAR OFF THE MARK. AND REMEMBER THAT LYONS WAS AT ALABAMA, WHICH SET PRETTY HIGH STANDARDS FOR ATHLETICS. LYONS MIGHT NOT DESERVE AN A FOR DUMPING VIC, BUT IT'S CLOSER TO A THAN TO F.
Can you ever get something right? So in your eyes Vic got himself out of the athletic department...not Lyons. Read your post doofus. Lol.

WVU athletes would spit on CFE if he was laying on the ground while they were marching/looting for “BLM”. Yet him and others continue to fanboy out for people that don’t give one shit about them.

WVU athletes would spit on CFE if he was laying on the ground while they were marching/looting for “BLM”. Yet him and others continue to fanboy out for people that don’t give one shit about them.

Marching/looting for BLM. Racist rampant, I see. You did notice that those were white supremacists who became the first civilians to ever attack the Capitol? And resulted in 5 deaths.

Last edited:
Good grief CFE you are such an anti white racist! How do you live with yourself? I guess you are proof that uneducated folks...usually left wing loons... do have racist tendencies.

Yeah. BLM would have cut off their recommendations. Might have had to find some real student...athletes. Pathetic.
How many student athletes would you say are Conservative? I would say its 5%-15%(at best). Of course thats a guess, but its a fact that people are usually more liberal when they are younger and transition into more conservative perspectives as they age/grow/mature.

Keeping Vic K would have been used against us in recruiting, how do you choose not to see that? In the current environment, Lyons & Brown had no choice. Obviously they felt he didnt deserve it, or they wouldnt have paid him upon his "mutual separation"...

Nobody wanted Vic gone, but it was by far the best path for our program long-term. We all agree WVU, particularly its professors are a liberal cesspool of late, and the same standards do not apply to them. Professors giving bad grades to conservative students, or treating them differently, which is heavily documented at WVU. We all agree is sucked, that someones "feelings & interpretations" can ruin a mans career & reputation, but they had to make the best decision for TOMORROW, not yesterday.

Marching/looting for BLM. Racist rampant, I see. You did notice that those were white supremacists who became the first civilians to ever attack the Capitol? And resulted in 5 deaths.
Yes there were some white supremacists there and some “normal” (believe it or not) people there that supported the then president, as well as BLM activists and what I cal Rent-a-mob organizers who were there to push the crowd.
One person was shot by capital police and the 4 others died by natural causes. The officer that died a day or two later died of a stroke and not from anything that happened on 1/6. He was not hit with a fire extinguisher (still waiting for the media to retract that lie). Also waiting on those attacks on all the state capital buildings too.

Pray for the country, we need it bad.

.... and now we return to comparing former WVU football coaches and athletic directors in another repeat of dozens of previous threads that will end in childish name calling and waste of time..

You fake and ignorant DemWit. Read history. Not the first assault at the Capitol. Happened several times before including armed attack by Puerto Rican nationalists in the 1950s. You are without a doubt the most clueless fake on this board. Take your constant anti white progressive racism and shove it .

How many student athletes would you say are Conservative? I would say its 5%-15%(at best). Of course thats a guess, but its a fact that people are usually more liberal when they are younger and transition into more conservative perspectives as they age/grow/mature.

Keeping Vic K would have been used against us in recruiting, how do you choose not to see that? In the current environment, Lyons & Brown had no choice. Obviously they felt he didnt deserve it, or they wouldnt have paid him upon his "mutual separation"...

Nobody wanted Vic gone, but it was by far the best path for our program long-term. We all agree WVU, particularly its professors are a liberal cesspool of late, and the same standards do not apply to them. Professors giving bad grades to conservative students, or treating them differently, which is heavily documented at WVU. We all agree is sucked, that someones "feelings & interpretations" can ruin a mans career & reputation, but they had to make the best decision for TOMORROW, not yesterday.
Good post. However my complaint isnt about the things you talk about. It is about a sick culture that is growing that is giving control of every aspect of life to radical activist asses. Entertainment and sports are dying. Society more polarized. This will not end well.

He's hitched his wagon to a basketball coach that can't get past the 3rd round and a .500 football coach.

If Huggins makes another at least Elite 8 run and Brown ends up a 10 game winner he will look like a genius.

If WVU continues to come up short in Basketball and goes Liberty Bowling in football the people with the deep pockets are gonna grow tired of it.

As of right now he's managed to improve some things, stay afloat in others and make a couple questionable decisions regarding contracts like no multiple year deals for football assistant, Huggins "lifetimes" and Brown's buyout structure is head scratching.

Overall I would say solid B.

Nah, it's obvious now it wasn't the only move. Luckily Lesley is just as good if not better. Still would be nice to have Vic in some capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT