ADVERTISEMENT

How many on here actually think we can beat Oklahoma next week.

Any given day. I think the games a tossup. Don’t see a clear favorite in this one.

Lots of pessimism today. You beat Oklahoma at home, and defeat Texas the following week on a neutral field, and you finally have your first Big XII title in one of the major revenue sports. I predict it will happen.

Lots of pessimism today. You beat Oklahoma at home, and defeat Texas the following week on a neutral field, and you finally have your first Big XII title in one of the major revenue sports. I predict it will happen.
Trying to suck up are you?
I am still going to call it Meat Chicken no matter what - haha

Reactions: WVParkRanger
Yes. We can. It will take playing a complete game though. They gave up 40 to Kansas. Army took them to OT.
Will we see the motivated team that with adjustments played a complete game against Baylor after the ISU loss? Or wil we see a team that still can’t stop the zone read and a great kyler Murray?
Maybe long has to spy Murray.
We only have 5 days to prepare after having to fly home from Stillwater.
I hope our team can do it. We are due to beat them.

????????????????

Reactions: lenny4wvu
The Oklahoma QB will beat WV by himself. WV cannot contain a QB that has the run option and knows that WV ..........with the 3 man front cannot contain him. The Oklahoma coaches watch film. Warez

Reactions: GoWVU
Best case scenario for WV would be for Texas to lose to Kansas.
Meaning WV is in with a loss to OU.

Teams don't often win rematches.
Especially ones that coaches admitted to being weaker.
If WV would have kicked the XP and won in over OT it would have been different but they went for 2.
The inferior team goes for 2 in that situation.

Like I said WV would be better suited in an OU rematch.

I KNOW we can...whether we do or not… we will see. Need to bring the emotion. No turnovers and play a mistake free and aggressive game. Cant have our WR dropping multiple passes as they have all year. Defense needs to hold them to under 42 pts...lol

So far, no one posting in this thread knows what they are talking about.
No one, including me, know how the game will turn out.
What we do know is:
Oklahoma's defense is the weakest it's been in a while.
That should mean Grier, Sills, Simms & friends should feast on it.
Should.
Look, in a conference where a team that beat the 2 potential Big 12 title games teams (WVU & Texas, if both win Friday) is ONE rung higher than last-place conference, nothing is predictable. We're all just yapping with our fingers waiting for the kickoff.

That's what makes college football so great, Big 12 football even greater because it's even more unpredictable and WVU football the best sports bargain in the world for me.

I'll have my usual seat in Section 105 in Mountaineer Field at 8 p.m. Friday and recording the game on ESPN on my DVR. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I guarantee you if we check this thread AFTER the game there will be a lot of posters with egg on their face. That's the beauty of college football.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34

A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22

I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E rectile dysfunctioned Texas on 2-point PAT, 42-41

E viscerated TCU, 47-10

R etching collapse at Oklahoma State, 41-45

S ink Oklahoma & play for Big 12 title vs. Texas

I actually think WVs smaller corners may do better in this game.

One of the reasons WV had success against Wallace of Oklahoma St is because they play with shorter CBs.

Truthfully the key with Murray is pressure and contain.
Meaning blitzes up the gut and having your DEs or LBs keep him in the pocket.

This leads to turnovers.
If you take the explosion of Murray in the 4th quarter away Texas did by far the best job.

Truthfully I think you bring speed up the gut.
Blitz Stewart up the middle and hope Murray can't get out of the pocket.

Another issue with him is that he can hide behind the OL.
Your DL cannot see him and the next minute he is running through an opening for 55 yards.

The guy has an arm and a quick release.
He pretty much is one of the best athletes I have seen play at QB with an arm.

Including Mike Vick because he is quicker.

This game should resemble the OSU and Texass game. Lots of back and forth. Team with the crucial turnover loses. WVU's chances are better because out of the 3 above, OU's defense is actually the worst.

If Grier plays like he should, then WVU walks away with a W....

Agree.

I think you guys are in the driver's seat to the conference title. In all my years (I'm an old guy), I've never seen a worse defense than what the Sooners are fielding right now.

Looking forward to the fight.

Predictions are nice, but do you GUARANTEE that these things will happen? I do love me some guarantees, especially this week.

I do now since the game is at home and the CFP is off the table. We play better with no pressure. That is shameful to admit, but that’s where we are as a program.

Yet we're 10-1 and Texas has 3 losses. And where is his lipstick in that picture? It's in all of his others, along with eyeshadow.

BTW, he had one tackle against Iowa State.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
He didn't even have to play that much.
Made one key sack early. Texas was mainly experimenting on the DL and using their freshmen.
It was enough to expose Brock Purdy

I do now since the game is at home and the CFP is off the table. We play better with no pressure. That is shameful to admit, but that’s where we are as a program.
You mean no pressure like playing the one team you haven't beat since joining the Big 12 so you can go to your first Big 12 championship game?

You mean no pressure like playing the one team you haven't beat since joining the Big 12 so you can go to your first Big 12 championship game?

Relatively speaking? Absolutely. The advent of the CFP has made everything else largely irrelevant. You may disagree if you wish.

What changed with the CFP?
It is pretty much the BCS+2.

So you can say the BCS made everything irrelevant.
But...it didn't. Because USC is still considered 2003 NC and UCF because of the Colley Matrix is considered 2018 NC by some.

But the NC....
Is not the only goal. May be the pinnacle but the majority of CFB teams have lesser goals.

Including WV.
They want to win the conference and play in the Sugar Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT