ADVERTISEMENT

How bad do you miss college football?

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
I am actually watching BAMA vs Clemson from January and it is exciting, even though I know what's gonna happen.

Can't watch baseball.
Would never watch the WNBA
Have seen "The Book of Manning" to the point I am sick of hearing John Goodman.

What's a college football fan to do?

Only 2 seasons that matter:
1. College Football Season
2. Waiting for College Football Season-the final weeks

I feel your pain for sure. The end of basketball season sucks the worst. Almost always surefire ends in a depressing loss with months of no WVU games as far as the eye can see. I dislike waiting a half a year for games to return more than anything in realm of sports. More than any one loss.

At least football sometimes end on a high note & if not, it is padded often by a successful basketball season well underway.

Gotta love November. Football in full swing & hoops underway at same time. Thanksgiving tournaments have been great last two seasons.

adding..It'll be nice to have football back in late Aug/early Sept. I watch many games outside of WVU's as a general fan for sure.

Week 1 I'll watch the Hawaii-Cal opener Fri 8/26.

Then

Thurs 9/1
App State at Tenn

Fri 9/2
K-State at Stanford

Sat 9/3
Missouri @ WVU - 9a (PT for me)
UCLA at aTm - 1230p
USC-Bama - 5p
Arizona-BYU - 730p

Sun 9/4
ND @ TX

Only 2 seasons that matter:
1. College Football Season
2. Waiting for College Football Season-the final weeks

Well, I'm here aren't I?

The hardest part of the off-season is the weeks that we have to come to this board to get our FB fix and then suffer through the insults and mediocrity.

I always miss college football pretty badly. One of the only things that helps fill the void is planning road trips for the following season, and they're not always just WVU games.

This year I missed it so much I decided to schedule a double dip for the first weekend. I'm going to Oregon St/Minnesota on Thurs Sept 1 and then the big LSU/Wisconsin game at Lambeau two days later. Not a bad way to spend Labor Day weekend.

The off-season has been pretty good thus far. Penguins won the Stanley Cup which means their season didn't finish until June 12th. Passed a good portion of the off-season dry spell.

Then COPA America and EuroCup took up rest of June/early July + US Open golf Championsip. Then late June/early July you had Wimbledon which was pretty exciting to see Serena capture #22. Also sprinkled in late June/early July was the US Olympics trial. Always a treat to watch Michael Phelps + women gymnastics.

Now you have The Open Championship. In 2 weeks, we have the PGA Championship which is final major of the year. It was bumped up due to the Olympics which starts a week after that. Olympics last 2 weeks, then you have Little League World Series which is always fun to watch. Soon as that is over, it's pretty much time to kick off football. Not to mention, Steelers training camp also begins PGA Championship starts + NFL preseason games a few weeks after that.

And in the middle of it all, you have MLB + NASCAR (one of the only sports I'm not a fan of but many others are). Not to mention, CFL has started so there's already some football going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT