• No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yes, but not marriage

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Yes, but no open displays of affection

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Need another more complex answer.

Copy/replace marriage with civil union in US law, and exact same rights. Leave marriage to the church of your choice.

Reactions: Brushy Bill

Copy/replace marriage with civil union in US law, and exact same rights. Leave marriage to the church of your choice.
I’m trying to keep it basic. Allowing the same rights to another American is just that.....redefining their rights based on their homosexuality is NOT giving them the same rights.

It depends on how one defines marriage. I view marriage as something that happens before God and a civil union as something that happens infront of a Judge. So to me legally they're the same thing....

Utter BS.
How is it bs? Stating that someone has the right to be married is pretty simple. Stating that someone ONLY has the right to enter a civil union is NOT allowing the same rights to that American as another. There are homosexuals that believe in God and Christianity and seek to enter into their “union” in the same way as anyone else does

How is it bs? Stating that someone has the right to be married is pretty simple. Stating that someone ONLY has the right to enter a civil union is NOT allowing the same rights to that American as another. There are homosexuals that believe in God and Christianity and seek to enter into their “union” in the same way as anyone else does

Following that train of thought, with the next Democratic president reign, a gay couple will "baker" a conservative church, the courts will step in (if Trump hasn't placed enough justices in by then), and force all churches to marry whomever comes through the doors. That is the day that Christianity will be outlawed.

Don't say that would never happen, because the Nazi left is doing just that nowadays.

But Christians are worse than everyone else, right @Orlaco?

Reactions: Brushy Bill
Following that train of thought, with the next Democratic president reign, a gay couple will "baker" a conservative church, the courts will step in (if Trump hasn't placed enough justices in by then), and force all churches to marry whomever comes through the doors. That is the day that Christianity will be outlawed.

Don't say that would never happen, because the Nazi left is doing just that nowadays.

But that’s mucking up the waters. It’s not tit for tat here. Giving the same rights to homosexuals doesn’t automatically take rights away from others.....that’s a whole different question isn’t it?

lol. His troll has reached a second thread and ensnared our mod = god.

9.5/10

2 questions:

Why do you think that religion has “dibs” on the word “marriage”?

Is this honestly all that you people are all bent out of shape about? The use of the word “marriage”?

Ok I lied, I have another question.

How do you feel when people say things like “Prince’s music is a marriage of funk, rock and pop”? Does your eye twitch?

Reactions: Boomboom521
2 questions:

Is this honestly all that you people are all bent out of shape about? The use of the word “marriage”?

How do you feel when people say things like “Prince’s music is a marriage of funk, rock and pop”? Does your eye twitch?

1) Marriage is a religious institution, born from religion.

2) My eye twitches.... Prince is more than just a marriage of funk, rock and pop.

Oh dear.

At least we’ve scaled it back from “what’s next? Sleeping with animals?!” To “what’s next? Marrying anyone who walks through the door?!”

Progress, I suppose.

1) Marriage is a religious institution, born from religion.

2) My eye twitches.... Prince is more than just a marriage of funk, rock and pop.

Source on 1?

Agree on 2. I was trying to be succinct and sold Prince short.

Marriage is a biblical term for a lot of us. It's is recognized in the bible as between a man and woman. I know that is hard for you to understand. I agree on civil unions but not marriage since the bible is what marriage is founded on.

2 questions:

Because it does. Marriage is between a man and woman as stated in the bible. For those of us who are religious, it means a lot. For those of you who would marry a bacon double cheeseburger, it isn't important.

Marriage is a biblical term for a lot of us. It's is recognized in the bible as between a man and woman. I know that is hard for you to understand. I agree on civil unions but not marriage since the bible is what marriage is founded on.
main-qimg-28e03aec3f29e448ddbef7f8f067cb63-c

I found a chart of all ‘marriages’ allowed by the bible

Reactions: CpEER

But...people were married long before the Bible had its first draft.

“for a lot of us” is not “for all of us”.
In 1215 the Catholic Church became involved in marriage contracts. Partners had to post banns, and the church recorded/tracked them.

And before 1215?

Because it does. Marriage is between a man and woman as stated in the bible. For those of us who are religious, it means a lot. For those of you who would marry a bacon double cheeseburger, it isn't important.

But you realize that not everybody is religious right? Can non-Christians get married?

But you realize that not everybody is religious right? Can non-Christians get married?

Sure, Jews and Muslims can get married......as long as they're doing it before their God. I think the term 'marriage' has been corrupted to mean the legal union of two people...

main-qimg-28e03aec3f29e448ddbef7f8f067cb63-c

I found a chart of all ‘marriages’ allowed by the bible
[QUOTE="Boomboom521”]

For some of them it is important. That’s why some are such admament Trump supporters. Because the Bible is so important and stuff.

[QUOTE="Boomboom521”]

For some of them it is important. That’s why some are such admament Trump supporters. Because the Bible is so important and stuff.

Why is it that my brother, who is not only a Trump supporter, but, is also enjoying a union with his husband can understand the difference between getting married (which is a religious act) and a civil union, but, you don't seem smart enough to.

[QUOTE="Boomboom521”]

Quit appropriating my culture!

Why is it that my brother, who is not only a Trump supporter, but, is also enjoying a union with his husband can understand the difference between getting married (which is a religious act) and a civil union, but, you don't seem smart enough to.
There are homosexuals that are Christians that seek to enter their unions before god

Is he married?

So, for those of you who have low IQs - a 'marriage' is nothing more than a legal contract between two people who want to split rent and fight a lot. So whether those people join together in that legal contract before a preacher or before the JoP is irrelevant... The only thing that really matters is that two people have entered into a contract that's going to be unfairly expensive for one person to get out of.

So, for those of you who have low IQs - a 'marriage' is nothing more than a legal contract between two people who want to split rent and fight a lot. So whether those people join together in that legal contract before a preacher or before the JoP is irrelevant... The only thing that really matters is that two people have entered into a contract that's going to be unfairly expensive for one person to get out of.
I guess us low IQ people need to realize that Christianity encompasses the only spiritual truth and provides the only ‘God’ that can be a part of a couples vows. Anything that falls outside the realm of the Christian definition should be labeled as “not marriage” so people don’t get confused about level of commitments

I guess us low IQ people need to realize that Christianity encompasses the only spiritual truth and provides the only ‘God’ that can be a part of a couples vows. Anything that falls outside the realm of the Christian definition should be labeled as “not marriage” so people don’t get confused about level of commitments
If a couple doesn't believe in religion do they care if their marriage/union isn't recognized by any church or religious establishment?

It's not so much commitment as it is that it's part of Christianity. Contract vs. covenant isn't that much of a difference, except that contracts are made to be broken. To the Christian, marriage is supposed to be a model of Christ to the church. Among the many principles, of course one is husband and wife. The husband models Christ, and the wife the church.

As long as you are man and woman! By your picture, are you man and bacon double cheeseburger?[winking]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT