ADVERTISEMENT

Holgs

What exactly is your problem? The guy has been here 7 years and the best he has given us with teams that he recruited is a bunch of crappy bowl games. The heart of Dallas bowl is one the worst if not the worst bowl game in the Big 12 bowl line up. We are currently and underdog in vegas to a 6-6 pac 12 team that is only in this bowl because the Big 10 did'nt have enough eligible bowl teams. The fact that other bowls passed us over and that we are and underdog in vegas shows what little respect the wvu football program h

KoolAidBoy..................... What is your business? Warez

TejasFan vs Koolaidboy. Ding Ding Ding.....
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

lol sure Mr AntiMountaineerColorado hemp huffer.
Mediocrity accepter. People like you who accept the staus quo are the problem. You think its okay to accept average. It's the reason the wvu program never gets out of neutral. Poor old me this is west virgina we can't do that. You're and example you didn't have the cojones to go out into the world and stake your own claim mama's boy.

Last edited:
I had this argument with you before. I believe it is Dana's system that put some if these players in the NFL.

Go home Pitt boy
You never had this argument with me unless you're that phony from the Air force who knows nothing about football. I bet you have a Marshall bumper sticker on your yugo.

Last edited:
Maybe somebody could maybe they couldn't but we are competitive and improving! You could bring Dabo in here and if the recruiting stays the same you will have the same results!
we haven't beaten a team that finished in the top 25 in 3 years and only go to crappy bowl games. Nothing competitive about that.

Last edited:
Butch Jones goes 34-27 and gets fired at Tennessee after 10 games in his 5th year. His winning % very similiar to Dana. Todd Graham gets fired after going 46-31 after 6 seasons at ASU which was the exact same record Dana had after 6 seasons. Mediocrity gets you fired in most places but too many in WV want to reward it with a Lifetime contract. Why is that?

Reactions: Rootmaster
Butch Jones goes 34-27 and gets fired at Tennessee after 10 games in his 5th year. His winning % very similiar to Dana. Todd Graham gets fired after going 46-31 after 6 seasons at ASU which was the exact same record Dana had after 6 seasons. Mediocrity gets you fired in most places but too many in WV want to reward it with a Lifetime contract. Why is that?

I will explain this to you once as I have said it a few times on this board.
Explained to me by someone who lives and dies WVU athletics.
When WVU first entered the Big XII they felt like they could compete. Why not? They had Gene Smith and Tavon Austin and embarrassed Clemson in a BCS bowl game. They had already recruited a decent class coming in after the 2012 season so the Mountaineers had high hopes.
2012 was a disaster but WVU fans still had faith. It wasn't until after 2013 that WVU realized that they needed to put more money into their football program. Dana Holgersen had to convince the boosters and the Athletic department. This wasn't fully accomplished until after the 2015 season.
Last year was up to expectations and this year was a stepping stone to next year. The 2018 recruiting class is the greatest in WVU history and going forward the people around WVU think they can pull in Top 25 classes every year.
Now it is on DH. The 2018 is the year in which he has to prove with everything given to him he can win ten games and stay relevant in the Big XII.
Grier is the question mark? Even without him the entire QB class in the Big XII is gone.
It is looking like a three university race for the Big XII next year. Once West Virginia can be placed up there with OU and Texas every year then he accomplished what WVU wants.

The dirty fact is that a lot of these great players have Price tags.
Not every single player but certain players will not play for any university unless their demands are met.
Like a certain QB at Auburn who asked first for money out of HS and then when he transferred from Baylor.

No one around any of the Texas schools except BU thought he was worth his price.

I will explain this to you once as I have said it a few times on this board.
Explained to me by someone who lives and dies WVU athletics.
When WVU first entered the Big XII they felt like they could compete. Why not? They had Gene Smith and Tavon Austin and embarrassed Clemson in a BCS bowl game. They had already recruited a decent class coming in after the 2012 season so the Mountaineers had high hopes.
2012 was a disaster but WVU fans still had faith. It wasn't until after 2013 that WVU realized that they needed to put more money into their football program. Dana Holgersen had to convince the boosters and the Athletic department. This wasn't fully accomplished until after the 2015 season.
Last year was up to expectations and this year was a stepping stone to next year. The 2018 recruiting class is the greatest in WVU history and going forward the people around WVU think they can pull in Top 25 classes every year.
Now it is on DH. The 2018 is the year in which he has to prove with everything given to him he can win ten games and stay relevant in the Big XII.
Grier is the question mark? Even without him the entire QB class in the Big XII is gone.
It is looking like a three university race for the Big XII next year. Once West Virginia can be placed up there with OU and Texas every year then he accomplished what WVU wants.
So if he doesnt do it in 2018 what will be the excuse next year? Its always wait to next year and the year after that just like it was last year and the year before that. BTW I'm sure Wvu would like to be up there with Oklahoma but there already in the same company as Texas. Texas hasn't had a winning season in 4 years not sure that's what anybody's goal is. Getting the Boosters to pony up is more of the AD's responsibility then it is the coach's

Last edited:
Reactions: Charleston Mountie
Mediocrity accepter. People like you who accept the staus quo are the problem. You think its okay to accept average. It's the reason the wvu program never gets out of neutral. Poor old me this is west virgina we can't do that. You're and example you didn't have the cojones to go out into the world and stake your own claim mama's boy.

KoolAid.........................if you don't accept mediocrity..............and I see that you don't...........what are you going to do about it? How will you know when the Mountaineers have risen above 'mediocrity?' You need to go and join the Bama or Clemson fan base. These programs are richy rich and that's how they got where they are. Think! Warez

Last edited:
So if he doesnt do it in 2018 what will be the excuse next year? Its always wait to next year and the year after that just like it was last year and the year before that. BTW I'm sure Wvu would like to be up there with Oklahoma but there already in the same company as Texas. Texas hasn't had a winning season in 4 years not sure that's what anybody's goal is. Getting the Boosters to pony up is more of the AD's responsibility then it is the coach's

Everything has a shelf life. Like what many said on here DH's buyout ends in 2019. I do not think WVU is the type of university, yet, to pay a huge buyout to hire another coach.
Texas no matter if they finish 7-6 or 6-7 will start next year ranked. Oklahoma is the same way. Every year both universities start the season ranked. When you start the season ranked it is much easier to move up then if you start unranked. Football is a popularity contest. West Virginia is hoping to earn the same respect. There are many voters in the AP poll from Texas and other Big XII states. Once West Virginia begins to garner respect in the conference then they will be awarded.
The football coach is the main person boosters have to connect with. If boosters do not connect with the football coach then they will not give money or they will take money away. Butch Jones for example. When he first came to Tennessee the boosters helped him bring in Top 10 classes in hopes of winning but that did not happen and starting after the Florida game the boosters forced him out. The same boosters who pushed the AD out and brought in Phillip Fulmer.
Let's just say that Texas started a lot of the fininacial status around a football program. Programs like Michigan and ND started it early but by the late 1950's Texas advanced the game.
Just look at the financial status of the universities that are in the Big XII. Even Baylor and Oklahoma St bring in huge money and have multimillionaire boosters who want to win.
West Virginia had to take a huge step up in sophistication as the Big XII because of UT and the history of the SWC can use underhanded tactics with the best of them.

Everything has a shelf life. Like what many said on here DH's buyout ends in 2019. I do not think WVU is the type of university, yet, to pay a huge buyout to hire another coach.
Texas no matter if they finish 7-6 or 6-7 will start next year ranked. Oklahoma is the same way. Every year both universities start the season ranked. When you start the season ranked it is much easier to move up then if you start unranked. Football is a popularity contest. West Virginia is hoping to earn the same respect. There are many voters in the AP poll from Texas and other Big XII states. Once West Virginia begins to garner respect in the conference then they will be awarded.
The football coach is the main person boosters have to connect with. If boosters do not connect with the football coach then they will not give money or they will take money away. Butch Jones for example. When he first came to Tennessee the boosters helped him bring in Top 10 classes in hopes of winning but that did not happen and starting after the Florida game the boosters forced him out. The same boosters who pushed the AD out and brought in Phillip Fulmer.
Let's just say that Texas started a lot of the fininacial status around a football program. Programs like Michigan and ND started it early but by the late 1950's Texas advanced the game.
Just look at the financial status of the universities that are in the Big XII. Even Baylor and Oklahoma St bring in huge money and have multimillionaire boosters who want to win.
West Virginia had to take a huge step up in sophistication as the Big XII because of UT and the history of the SWC can use underhanded tactics with the best of them.

WVU 4-3 against Texas all time. Go to your own board boy under.

WVU 4-3 against Texas all time. Go to your own board boy under.

I doubt that will last. No university in conference that has played more than twenty games against UT has a winning record.
WVU came into the Big XII during UT's worst period. Like I said WVU will be slightly better than Tech.
In two years no university will have a winning record against UT in the Big XII or who played UT in the SWC.

Where were all the Boosters at baylor who wanted to win before Briles? Have you seen what Rhule gets paid a year? Chicken feed. Okie state is mid level even with Pickens.

That' me but I'm no phony. Pitt boy
Gundy runs a system similar to Holgorsen but has only put 6 players in the NFL. Holgorsen wastes talent but you support Holgorsen because you went to Marshall. You know Holgorsen's goal is to put wvu on par with Marshall. The fact that we are playing in a bowl game the day after Christmas means he is coming close to achieving that objective.

Where were all the Boosters at baylor who wanted to win before Briles? Have you seen what Rhule gets paid a year? Chicken feed. Okie state is mid level even with Pickens.

Guy Morriss. BU pretty much took Kentucky's coach in 2003 but he could not win there.'
BU is proof how competitive the state of Texas really is because it is a universoty flush with money but has not won.
Rhule is there to ride out the storm and once the threat of the NCAA is over Baylor will be back at it.

Rhule will probably be forced out next year. Look at BU's recruiting if you do not believe me. Coaches on their way up recruit great and coaches on their way down cannot recruit.
Matt Rhule was never given the chance and never will. He is an outsider. Don't even know his way around Texas. Probably gets loss on recruiting trips and has to rely on Google.

Watch out after next season because BU will try to pull in a big name football coach because the NCAA said in May that there is no way they can place sanctions on BU but they couldn't get rid of their coach after one year and there were way too many schools looking for coach.

Todd Graham
Sonny Dykes
WVU might get lucky and Baylor will try to pull in Dana Holgersen.

All of you Holgs haters are pathetic. You are the same guys that argued that William Crest should have been the QB his RFR and SO years. Here he sits at the end of the bench his JR year not even sniffing the field. Jeezzzzz...... Some of you guys just talk to hear yourselves talk.

Guy Morriss. BU pretty much took Kentucky's coach in 2003 but he could not win there.'
BU is proof how competitive the state of Texas really is because it is a universoty flush with money but has not won.
Rhule is there to ride out the storm and once the threat of the NCAA is over Baylor will be back at it.
Dream on. Baylor is a joke and always will be. They were nothing before Briles. They are nothing now. Got stomped by UCF in the Fiesta bowl. That pretty much says it all.

Dream on. Baylor is a joke and always will be. They were nothing before Briles. They are nothing now. Got stomped by UCF in the Fiesta bowl. That pretty much says it all.

That is a Big East mentality....
Baylor is similar to a program like Ole Miss in the SEC. Had periods of success but nothing dramatic because of the competition.
1980 for example with Mike Singletary. 10-1 SWC Champions. Played Bama in Cotton Bowl. Grant Teaff was a great coach. Inducted into the College HOF. After he left Baylor was the AFCA director.
1974 Miracle on the Brazos season
1957 beat SEC champ Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl.
1952 Orange Bowl
In the early days of the SWC was a power winning half of the conference championships in the 1910's.

Don't ever underestimate a program like Baylor.
Art Briles was ran out for a reason.

All of you Holgs haters are pathetic. You are the same guys that argued that William Crest should have been the QB his RFR and SO years. Here he sits at the end of the bench his JR year not even sniffing the field. Jeezzzzz...... Some of you guys just talk to hear yourselves talk.
You people said that Grier would lead us to the promise land. We found out that average at best coaching nullify's QB play.

Last edited:
That is a Big East mentality....
Baylor is similar to a program like Ole Miss in the SEC. Had periods of success but nothing dramatic because of the competition.
1980 for example with Mike Singletary. 10-1 SWC Champions. Played Bama in Cotton Bowl. Grant Teaff was a great coach. Inducted into the College HOF. After he left Baylor was the AFCA director.
1974 Miracle on the Brazos season
1957 beat SEC champ Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl.
1952 Orange Bowl
In the early days of the SWC was a power winning half of the conference championships in the 1910's.

Don't ever underestimate a program like Baylor.
Art Briles was ran out for a reason.
Baylor is a total joke like most Texas programs. You know absolutely nothing. Baylor baptist money what a joke.

Baylor is a total joke like most Texas programs. You know absolutely nothing. Baylor baptist money what a joke.

Someone's feelings are hurt.
Did Koolaid boy run out of KoolAid.

It was not Baptist money is was Drayton McClane Jr's money that was the issue. He was flushed with cash after he sold the Houston Astros to Jim Crane and donated a large chuck of the 300 million dollars that was used in the stadium that Baylor built. He is worth over 2 billion dollars and is not the only mega booster Baylor has.
Baptist money only goes so far and BU saw that this year when they played Liberty. Jerry Falwell Jr is rumored to have forced BU to throw that game because Liberty is trying to be a FBS school in the SunBelt.

Someone's feelings are hurt.
Did Koolaid boy run out of KoolAid.

It was not Baptist money is was Drayton McClane Jr's money that was the issue. He was flushed with cash after he sold the Houston Astros to Jim Crane and donated a large chuck of the 300 million dollars that was used in the stadium that Baylor built. He is worth over 2 billion dollars and is not the only mega booster Baylor has.
Baptist money only goes so far and BU saw that this year when they played Liberty. Jerry Falwell Jr is rumored to have forced BU to throw that game because Liberty is trying to be a FBS school in the SunBelt.
Put it down

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: GoWVU
Did you just take that pic yourself.....
Don't need drugs when I have your idiocy to get High on Koolaid boy....
I only skim your posts there so stupid that there not worth more than a 2 second glance. It must be close to 4am in your dorm room. You must be hitting the meth and crack pipe pretty hard.

WOW Hillbilly...you know how to Google. Bet your boyfriend is pleased lol.

You and your seven accounts stalk this board like a pedo does a middle school.
No one wants to hear from you or your other accounts.
Time to seek mental health.

I can google this.....
http://www.county.allegheny.pa.us/H...lities/Mental-Health/Services-For-Adults.aspx

Make an appointment.
Lol
Who are his other accounts?
I could probably guess and get 5 out of 7

I only skim your posts there so stupid that there not worth more than a 2 second glance. It must be close to 4am in your dorm room. You must be hitting the meth and crack pipe pretty hard.

KoolAidboy..........you smoking the rock? Go and watch my brothers war on drugs video. Google this: Redstone Arsenal Drug Rehab video. Get back with me after watching video for further counseling. War-ez

It’s because they believe WVU represents the state of West Virginia; poor, pathetic, and ranked dead last in every meaningful state ranking of the United States. In their eyes, nobody wants to be here or come here. That’s what happens when a liberal democratic controlled state government controls politics for over 50 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT