ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Holgorsen post-game comments

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Opening statement
I’m proud of our guys we fought, we tried that’s all I can ask for out of my guys. They laced it up and they tried we just came up a little short.

On being short-handed
I can make a bunch of excuses we played a good team. Give coach babers credit they’ve played well all year they’ve got three losses they’re 10-3, they do a good job. We have one loss to one cfp team and another loss to another cfp team.

On gameplan
Proud of our coaches and players for having a good game plan we moved the ball effectively just finishing drives was probably the biggest thing.

Syracuse red zone defense
They play good defense they’ve done that all year they were a top ten team in the country in red zone defense.

On Allison
Proud of him. He’s had how many snaps this year? Ten or eleven? I thought his demeanor was good his work ethic was good. When we put trey in there I felt he came in and enjoyed playing the game. What happened over the course of this last month will help us be a better team moving forward.

On Marcus Simms
He hadn’t done anything since Oklahoma, he’s dealing with some things and he has to get right.

On what this game means moving forward
It's disappointing to end the season with a loss. I’ve already said it don’t need to say it again but the one thing about a lot of people are like this bowl game doesn’t matter or anything like that, I couldn’t disagree more. We got better as a football team as a program. A lot of our young guys got to play ball, got to practice or a couple of weeks and play ball. Sam James, Bryce Wheaton, Mike Brown, TJ Banks, Trey Lowe, Qwincy Hall those are a lot of guys that are redshirting that have an opportunity to play in a great bowl game. Its always nice to end the year with a win but we know we had a good year. People are going to be disappointed all they want to we know we had a good year. We battled hard all year long and came up a little short. Welcome to big time football.

Reactions: 3xWVUenginEER
If anyone remembers, Simms was taken out of the game in OU after a hit to the helmet. He was told on the sideline he was "out" and went nuts wanting to play. So when Dana said "he's dealing with some things and has to get right", what is he referring to? Still concussion problems or something else?

Blah, blah, blah .... cough, drink water. Blah, blah, blah ... cough, drink water. Same BS as always Dana.

Reactions: Rootmaster
That's fair statements.

I picked WVU but that was my heart picking. The head pick and betting pick wasn't that way. For WVU, the starting 1st-2nd round qb, best OL, and 2 starting WRs were out of this game. Too much to overcome.

If anyone remembers, Simms was taken out of the game in OU after a hit to the helmet. He was told on the sideline he was "out" and went nuts wanting to play. So when Dana said "he's dealing with some things and has to get right", what is he referring to? Still concussion problems or something else?

Usually if a concussion is serious enough, you can have emotional changes that can mimic depression, hypermanic episodes, etc... If they are still continuing, then he hasn’t fully healed from the concussion yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT