ADVERTISEMENT

Holgorsen Is A Choker Who Can't Win A Big Game

The smart answer is no it's not inefficient.
24 points should have been good enough if the D and ST's would have done their part.
And just what would WVU's record be if 24 points was the offensive point total each game? Yea...not good. lol. It isn't flag football.
Hey WvinUsaf why don't you take the time and look at teams that scored 24 points or more this weekend and look at how many total yards they had. Ohio State had 596 total yards 4 more than us but put up 49 points. Wisconsin, Maryland, and a whole bunch of other teams had less yards then us but put up more points. Holgorsen's offense has been ineffiecient ever since he's been here. We were 16th in total yards last season but 49th in points scored. what is effiecient about that? We started 2017 were we left off in 2016. 592 yards is almost the length of 6 football fields so in theory if your drives started on the 1 yards line you should have a minimum of 42 points, But how many drives actually start on the 1 yard line?

WVU took care of business 10 times last year. Only done that like 6 times in it's 100+ year football history...

So, Mr. Complainer, since you have all the answers, who we gonna hire? Which coach will be available that's a sure thing to: make this program better than it is; who will understand how to recruit to WVU; who has the connections to ass't coaches who have the recruiting inroads to where we recruit and can coach; who won't have to put us through a rebuilding period; and, who won't lose the recruits we have lined up?
C'mon, if you're gonna incessantly complain, why don't you call up AD Lyons and set up a meeting to give him your wonderful solution.
Acceptance of mediocrity is a path to eventual failure. The who gonna hire argument is a complete joke. Anyone new potentially gives wvu an opportunity to get stuck out of this rut it is currently in. A coaching change doesn't guarantee success but what is known is Dana is a choker who can't win a big game. He is not the answer but the next guy maybe and that all that matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Please super brains tell us the coach that would come here and win a game or Big 12 title?

There isn't one that would stay here over years.
Well we know its not Dana. The best he could do with a team he recruited is beat a 6-6 pac 12 team in a lousy bowl game. You have told us how much RR sucked as a coach but the teams he recruited beat and Sec and Big 12 champion. Come back and talk when Dana accomplishs that.

Bama scored 24 points but had 269 total yards. You are missing point. 24 points and 592 yards is highly Ineffiecient. The FSU defense is vastly superior to that Of Va Tech.
I also said that 24 points was plenty enough had the defense and special teams done their jobs.

I also said that 24 points was plenty enough had the defense and special teams done their jobs.

That's the issue. It's almost year after year that it's either the Offensive is struggling while the defense plays out of their mind and ST does ok. Then the next year is that the Defense is a liability and the offense is running on all cylinders. The teams that compete for conference titles and are ranked pretty high usually do not have the high and lows of each side of the ball like we have seemed to have since Dana took over.

Dana will have to realize that he can't play the buddy system with his coordinators and position coaches anymore or he will become the liability and the one who is holding the program down.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
To give you more clarity - every school thinks they're making a good hire. Bottom line is you don't know. Many coaches, more often than not, don't work out. And even the ones who do most likely put the s in rebuild mode. So changing coaches is more often than not, not a path to success. Accepting mediocrity argument is what you negative guys always trot out. Keeping your coach isn't "accepting" mediocrity. More likely accepting mediocrity is employing a revolving door of changing coaches.

Acceptance of mediocrity is a path to eventual failure. The who gonna hire argument is a complete joke. Anyone new potentially gives wvu an opportunity to get stuck out of this rut it is currently in. A coaching change doesn't guarantee success but what is known is Dana is a choker who can't win a big game. He is not the answer but the next guy maybe and that all that matters.

Accepting mediocrity argument is what you negative guys always trot out. Keeping your coach isn't "accepting" mediocrity. More likely accepting mediocrity is employing a revolving door of changing coaches.
And the same tired "Who you gonna hire that guarantees better results?" argument is what you guys always trot out. Under that rationale, no one should ever change coaches or politicians or anything else.

You guys also keep rolling out the trite "revolving door" argument, which is of course complete BS. We've had only 9 coaches in the last 68 seasons. Very few schools have been as stable.

Rich Rod? You guys serious? He's about to get fired from his second job since leaving WVU. He is washed up and certainly not the answer.

Can we see how the season plays out? I still think we will be a good team, VT is the best defense we will play all season.

Rich Rod? You guys serious? He's about to get fired from his second job since leaving WVU. He is washed up and certainly not the answer.

Can we see how the season plays out? I still think we will be a good team, VT is the best defense we will play all season.

Yes they are. People like Colorado and Skyhawk live such miserable lives, that they live thru college sports. Don't need Dr. Phil to make that observation.

The Disciples of Fluffer Holgorsen are facing a harsh reality this week. It is now apparent that 2017 is not going to be like 2016. The only thing the two seasons will have in common is getting punked by and Acc team. The Disciples are currently scrambling to come up with their 2017 excuse Manuel. This won't be a hard task for them considering they have been making excuses for the last 7 years to begin with. The program once again failed when the bright lights came on. Wvu hasn't beaten a ranked team since October 2014 and hasn't beaten a team on the road that finished in the top 25 since 2012. We heard all spring and summer how this year would be different now that we have the greatest QB in the history of college football. Wvu produced 592 yards but only 24 points. It was the same old ineffectiveness that we have come to know All to well in the last 7 years. Nobody should be surprised the QB's name might have changed but The HC did'nt .There were bad calls from the officials in the game but that's what happens when your coach isn't respected. The days of 7-5 are upon us again. Most of the tough games are on the road and we already know they will be FDIC Insured Losses. Better get your cactus bowl tickets. You can thank the Incompetent Shane Lyons for keeping this Bum after the 2015 season. We will see nothing but Big game tank jobs as long as this fool walks the side line.

The Disciples of Fluffer Holgorsen are facing a harsh reality this week. It is now apparent that 2017 is not going to be like 2016. The only thing the two seasons will have in common is getting punked by and Acc team. The Disciples are currently scrambling to come up with their 2017 excuse Manuel. This won't be a hard task for them considering they have been making excuses for the last 7 years to begin with. The program once again failed when the bright lights came on. Wvu hasn't beaten a ranked team since October 2014 and hasn't beaten a team on the road that finished in the top 25 since 2012. We heard all spring and summer how this year would be different now that we have the greatest QB in the history of college football. Wvu produced 592 yards but only 24 points. It was the same old ineffectiveness that we have come to know All to well in the last 7 years. Nobody should be surprised the QB's name might have changed but The HC did'nt .There were bad calls from the officials in the game but that's what happens when your coach isn't respected. The days of 7-5 are upon us again. Most of the tough games are on the road and we already know they will be FDIC Insured Losses. Better get your cactus bowl tickets. You can thank the Incompetent Shane Lyons for keeping this Bum after the 2015 season. We will see nothing but Big game tank jobs as long as this fool walks the side line.

I'm willing to bet you don't return if he wins again.

2014 = 7-6
2015 = 8-5
2016 = 10-3

I'll be damned. Who f'uckin' knew that was regression?
You ran your mouth this offseason telling us how wvu was gonna beat tech. How'd that turn out? It was a very winnable game against a team with a 2nd year coach and DH choked like always. Its easy to win 10 games against weak teams. When is this guy gonna win a big game?

You ran your mouth this offseason telling us how wvu was gonna beat tech. How'd that turn out? It was a very winnable game against a team with a 2nd year coach and DH choked like always. Its easy to win 10 games against weak teams. When is this guy gonna win a big game?

First of all, I didn't run my mouth this offseason.

Secondly, you just exposed yourself as a fraud. You're not a Mountaineer fan. No Mountaineer fan would use the tone you just used toward another true Mountaineer fan. You seem happy we lost.

F'uck off, fraud.

Yes they are. People like Colorado and Skyhawk live such miserable lives, that they live thru college sports. Don't need Dr. Phil to make that observation.
Wow thats deep pratt. Dana just got his a$$ handed to him by a 2nd year coach. It should't be that surprising when was the last time Dana won a big game? 7 years in and the only bowl game he's won with a team he recruited is the cactus bowl. After all this the best you can come up with is the lame miserable life line? Back when Stewart was coach you spent your time calling everyone a ****** who criticized him. You showed back then you knew nothing about football and all these years later you still know nothing. You're just the quintessenttial homer yes man.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
First of all, I didn't run my mouth this offseason.

Secondly, you just exposed yourself as a fraud. You're not a Mountaineer fan. No Mountaineer fan would use the tone you just used toward another true Mountaineer fan. You seem happy we lost.

F'uck off, fraud.
You're idiot fool who makes excuse's for mediocrity. You stated on several occasions that we would beat Va tech and now that you made a fool out of yourself, your best come back is this idiotic response. You know absolutely nothing about football loser.

You're idiot fool who makes excuse's for mediocrity. You stated on several occasions that we would beat Va tech and now that you made a fool out of yourself, your best come back is this idiotic response. You know absolutely nothing about football loser.

We don't want fans like you. F'uck off, loser.

Reactions: Phil

They also have one of the worst offenses we will see. Dana never wins big games when will you ever learn.

Excuses is plural. You don't use an apostrophe for plural words. An apostrophe is used to show possession.

Idiot.

When did the baylor game happen? That was 2014 you jackass. You know things are really going well when you're touting wins from 3 years ago.

You need to use a comma between the words 2014 and you. Like this. That was 2014, you jackass.

See?

English isn't so difficult.

Excuses is plural. You don't use an apostrophe for plural words. An apostrophe is used to show possession.

Idiot.
Well the very fact that you want to talk Grammar and not football shows how weak you really are. What does that have to do with the fact that Dana can't win a big games? You're just feeble and insecure because you got nothing.

They also have one of the worst offenses we will see. Dana never wins big games when will you ever learn.

You also have a run-on sentence. You should have made these two different sentences. "Dana never wins big games." "When will you ever learn?" And you forgot to use a question mark. You always use a question mark when asking a question.

You also have a run-on sentence. You should have made these two different sentences. "Dana never wins big games." "When will you ever learn?" And you forgot to use a question mark. You always use a question mark when asking a question.
When was the last time Dana won a big game? Learn what the subject is instead of trying to change it.

Well the very fact that you want to talk Grammar and not football shows how weak you really are. What does that have to do with the fact that Dana can't win a big games? You're just feeble and insecure because you got nothing.

A big games? The word "a" is singular. The letter "s" on the end of games makes it plural. This is improper. You obviously didn't go to WVU. You went to some inferior school like sPitt or Marshall.

A big games? The word "a" is singular. The letter "s" on the end of games makes it plural. This is improper. You obviously didn't go to WVU. You went to some inferior school like sPitt or Marshall.
The 1st day I spent in a wvu class room is one more than you did. Don't give out advice about grammar until you figure out what reading comprehension is. When was the last time wvu won a big game under the clown holgorsen. That is the subject. That is the subject of the thread not the particulars of grammatical english.

Learn about football its obvious you can't defend Dana's record. If I were you I'd be floundering as well since there's not much to defend.

Another run-on sentence. Learn about football. You also need to use an apostrophe in the word "it's" since it is a contraction for the words "it is." You also need to use a comma between the words "you" and "I'd."

Like this:

If I were you, I'd be floundering as well...

Another run-on sentence. Learn about football. You also need to use an apostrophe in the word "it's" since it is a contraction for the words "it is." You also need to use a comma between the words "you" and "I'd."

Like this:

If I were you, I'd be floundering as well...
More reading comprehension problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT