ADVERTISEMENT

"Hey, Shane.......

gcb

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Mike Hamrick here."

"As you know, Shane, we been dealt a real economic blow with our new TV contract."

"$200,000 a year.....not $200,00 a game." "We need your help."

"What can we do for you, Mike?"

"We need to get you guys back on the schedule."

"Well, Mike, how about 3 games in Morgantown at $750 k per game."

"We will come to Huntington but you'll have to drop $2,500,000 on us for that." "You see, Mike, we make about $4 mil per home game and any game played within the state's boundaries is essentially a WVU home game."
"So in essence, Mike, we're giving you another $1.5 mil in a spirit of good sportsmanship."

"I understand, Shane."

"You agree to this, Mike, and no public apologies for MU's past nastiness directed at us will be necessary."

"Well, Shane, we need your help and we accept your generous offer."

"You've got a deal, Mike."

Mike Hamrick here."

"As you know, Shane, we been dealt a real economic blow with our new TV contract."

"$200,000 a year.....not $200,00 a game." "We need your help."

"What can we do for you, Mike?"

"We need to get you guys back on the schedule."

"Well, Mike, how about 3 games in Morgantown at $750 k per game."

"We will come to Huntington but you'll have to drop $2,500,000 on us for that." "You see, Mike, we make about $4 mil per home game and any game played within the state's boundaries is essentially a WVU home game."
"So in essence, Mike, we're giving you another $1.5 mil in a spirit of good sportsmanship."

"I understand, Shane."

"You agree to this, Mike, and no public apologies for MU's past nastiness directed at us will be necessary."

"Well, Shane, we need your help and we accept your generous offer."

"You've got a deal, Mike."

Either that, or more likely this.........

"Sorry Mike, you know we here at WVU are feeling sorry for our little brothers down in Cabell County, but we are all booked up with charity games for the next few years. Too bad about your situation and we'd like to help you out but the fact is that we don't need you on our schedule until you agree to play in Morgantown every year like the other have-nots do. Call me back when the collection agencies start suing you and maybe we will talk, but only if you ever learn your place in the pecking order."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT