ADVERTISEMENT

Hey MichiganHerd

I don't know about Taylor.
You know who his father is right.
His grandfather was one of the finest athletes this country ever produced.
Taylor is up in the air. Possibly ND can make a move here.
Yes, I knew who is father is. Watched him play for the Irish. Irish showing little interest so far, but it's early.

Didn't know about his grandfather until I looked it up a few minutes ago. Died at a young age of 59.

Yes, I knew who is father is. Watched him play for the Irish. Irish showing little interest so far, but it's early.

Didn't know about his grandfather until I looked it up a few minutes ago. Died at a young age of 59.

They changed DC
Their "passing game coordinator" is actually at Texas now

Possibly the change will allow ND to get back into it.
He supposedly already made the video for A&M.

I don't know if Michigan will change anything

Truthfully don't think he is any good at CB
Will probably play safety.

@TownesVanZandt

Forum has really taken a nose dive, since WVUFF ruined the 9x Platinum mega thread.

Seems traffic has stalled to a crawl, as many viewers logged on to see the latest happenings in the HOF thread.

Question to you: How to we repair the damage by WVUFF? Should you beg Greg Jacobs back to the forum? What about Sky Hawk? Need to be creative here, and bring the troops back home, and talk some serious sports.

Tough matchup for Juwan Howard tomorrow night. Teams have to decide whether to take their chances at playing Dickenson straight up, hoping to contain him, or doubling him up in the paint, and hoping that Michigan shooters are having an off-night. The double team didn't work out for Maryland on Tuesday night, and their attempt at playing him straight up didn't work out during their first meeting. Purdue is a different animal though. Their big man should be able to hold his own without the need to double up. This will mean Michigan will have to create open shots, by driving the paint, and passing it back outside, swinging it around to the open man. I anticipate Purdue staying hot, and winning at Mackey.

They changed DC
Their "passing game coordinator" is actually at Texas now

Possibly the change will allow ND to get back into it.
He supposedly already made the video for A&M.

I don't know if Michigan will change anything

Truthfully don't think he is any good at CB
Will probably play safety.
Jaylon Guilbeau latest offer, a '22 Texas commit currently out of Port Arthur

Wrong, as usual. I had never heard of "Trill" before I saw you use this name as one of your handles, TVZ, and still don't know what or who "Trill" is, but I guarantee that you don't need to Google search who Janice Joplin is...
#TheRose

Wrong, as usual. I had never heard of "Trill" before I saw you use this name as one of your handles, TVZ, and still don't know what or who "Trill" is, but I guarantee that you don't need to Google search who Janice Joplin is...
#TheRose

Cool story

Guilbeau looks good at camps so far. People were worried about the evaluation.
They didn't think he jumped out athletically and he lacked size.

Don't know what way Terry Joseph is wanting to go. Good chance if Joseph wants him he sticks.
His teammate Jordon Thomas will be a freshman this year.

Players from Port Arthur usually go to Texas or LSU if they are top end recruits. Don't really remember one who hasn't.

Landon Hullaby (Mansfield, Tx) the latest Linguist has offered, and seems already a top contender for getting his commitment. Linguist is diving right into Longhorn territory, and looking to pull in some top recruits. Ohio State has recently pulled in a few of the best away from Texas.

Landon Hullaby (Mansfield, Tx) the latest Linguist has offered, and seems already a top contender for getting his commitment. Linguist is diving right into Longhorn territory, and looking to pull in some top recruits. Ohio State has recently pulled in a few of the best away from Texas.

He is another who is going to Texas if they want him.
His brother is a LB there.

There is a third brother as well.
Should be like Arkansas and offer him as well. Think Chad Morris offered him when he was in the seventh grade a couple of years back.

There are about 20-25 CBs in the state who will play P5 football.

Really can't rank them.
But Denver Harris so far looks like the cream of the crop.

But hard to really say because things are so different.
Looks like Linguist just offered every DB in the state though.

Trying to earn his money. We will see. Not really known as an elite recruiter from what I have heard.

I'm not so worried about his recruiting ability. I'm more hopeful he, along with MacDonald can make defensive adjustments, based on the opponent they're playing. Don Brown played the same defense pretty much every play, allowing CBs to be left alone on the outside, as well as giving up crossing patterns to wide open receivers anytime an offense chose to run those plays. You can't do that when you're competing against coaches like Urban Meyer who will out game plan you with ease.

Last edited:
I'm not so worried about his recruiting ability. I'm more hopeful he, along with MacDonald can make defensive adjustments, based on the opponent they're playing. Don Brown played the same defense pretty much every play, allowing CBs to be left alone on the outside, as well as giving up crossing patterns to wide open receivers anytime an offense chose to run those plays. You can't do that when you're competing against coaches like Urban Meyer who will out game plan you with ease.

Michigan made it known that they are bowing out.
Going to be hard to maintain much hype until Harbaugh wins big there

Michigan made it known that they are bowing out.
Going to be hard to maintain much hype until Harbaugh wins big there
He'll never win big there. 10 wins is the ceiling, maybe 11 with a bowl win. Problem being, him going to the NFL was our only hope, and nobody in the NFL wants him either.

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
That is why there isn't much hype around the program.
Texas is a difficult state to recruit. Unless you really want to put the time and effort and evaluate correctly
Most of the Top 200-300 guys are going to go where there is the hype
But there is a lot of NFL talent outside of that.

Going to get very difficult for non Big 12/SEC schools to pull elite talent out of the state
Ohio St is maybe the only one right now because they have showed that they care about football.
But no one likes Ohio St around Texas. Even Alabama.

That is why there isn't much hype around the program.
Texas is a difficult state to recruit. Unless you really want to put the time and effort and evaluate correctly
Most of the Top 200-300 guys are going to go where there is the hype
But there is a lot of NFL talent outside of that.

Going to get very difficult for non Big 12/SEC schools to pull elite talent out of the state
Ohio St is maybe the only one right now because they have showed that they care about football.
But no one likes Ohio St around Texas. Even Alabama.
I don't know about who likes who where, but it's no secret that an overwhelming majority of elite recruits are based in warm climate states. Used to be, teams would go there looking for skill position players, but the linemen and linebackers are also better than what you can find in the colder climate states. Granted, there's a bunch of talent in the North, but it's a much smaller percentage of the pie.

If I were a highly sought after recruit from Georgia, Florida, Texas, or Southern California, I would be hard pressed to consider heading North to play football. Add in the coeds, and it's really a no brainer. Plus, they don't pay as well up North.

I don't know about who likes who where, but it's no secret that an overwhelming majority of elite recruits are based in warm climate states. Used to be, teams would go there looking for skill position players, but the linemen and linebackers are also better than what you can find in the colder climate states. Granted, there's a bunch of talent in the North, but it's a much smaller percentage of the pie.

If I were a highly sought after recruit from Georgia, Florida, Texas, or Southern California, I would be hard pressed to consider heading North to play football. Add in the coeds, and it's really a no brainer. Plus, they don't pay as well up North.

Linguist is hitting up Louisiana now.
Truth is the best DBs come from Texas and Louisiana.

Like I said if he puts the time and effort Michigan is a big enough name to get the under recruited guys.
TCU made a living on that

Linguist is hitting up Louisiana now.
Truth is the best DBs come from Texas and Louisiana.

Like I said if he puts the time and effort Michigan is a big enough name to get the under recruited guys.
TCU made a living on that
Michigan normally doesn't recruit leftovers. They do well when it comes to recruiting rankings. It's the coaching them that's currently lacking.

Michigan normally doesn't recruit leftovers. They do well when it comes to recruiting rankings. It's the coaching them that's currently lacking.

To quote WVUFan4Ever...
You sound like an asshat.

The Thorpe Winner this year was a "Leftover"

Juwan Howard's team won again tonight, blitzing Purdue at Mackey Arena by 17. Nice road win against a recently hot team. Likely coach of the year for Howard.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Juwan Howard's team won again tonight, blitzing Purdue at Mackey Arena by 17. Nice road win against a recently hot team. Likely coach of the year for Howard.

Howard is kickin ass. Any fanboy that can’t see he’s gonna do good things at UM is an idiot. I’m sure we all know the idiot candidates. Just sitting things out but man is that nerd a punk. Smug and and has no life.

ADVERTISEMENT